I'm a Mac user should I delete the game?

I need to ask. Why did you buy a Mac in the first place? Why does anyone? Whats the upside.
Its not security anymore, Mac is about as vulnerable as any other System.
Its not the user interface. I saw that once, its way worse than Windows 10s.
It cant be the Apps, because the ones on a Windows-PC are mostly free where as on a Mac everything costs something.
So, what is it?

Hooray!

3 Likes

Macs aren’t made for games, they’re media centres.

No idea why people spend so much on macs when you can get a normal
Windows PC with double the specs for half the price.

When I bought it I had no intention of gaming on it, I’m in the Apple ecosystem and the mac works perfectly within that. As I have been playing WOW since 2008 and I have bought every expansion and played all of them, I was drawn back, I had no idea that the mac would not be up to it as it easily meets Blizzards recommened settings, so even Blizzard state that it should work.

Just looks pretty, and they’re quality machines. They’re just not built for gaming, and they’re extremely overpriced. Some people like myself just aren’t PC-savi. Same with cars - instead of picking the fastest, you pick the nicest looking.

Look me a very long time to discover PCs were master race.

1 Like

I think you misunderstood, I am not saying Mac is a bad computer, I am saying that Apple reduces the power of their products artificially and that is why the OP is experiencing problems.
It is a great computer while it works for what you need it for, in fact the whole thing about how the OS saves everything you do every 5 mintues is great for when the computer crashes(And let’s face it, it is a computer, so it will crash like any other windows or linux computer will).
I am not saying this to be superior, I work in IT Support at a Boarding School, and this is a problem I run into on a regular basis alongside the whole update problem.

So believe me or not, I know what I am talking about.

1 Like

For those saying there is no Mac Support

macOS Support

Updated: 8 months ago

Article ID: 32250

Relevant Games:

Major Version Support

We support the current major version of macOS, and offer limited support for two previous macOS versions (support phases may vary). For currently supported operating systems, check our game-specific system requirements:

World of Warcraft StarCraft II Diablo III Hearthstone Heroes of the Storm StarCraft: Remastered

Note : We do not support installing or playing our games on a Boot Camp partition or other virtual desktops.

Support Update

We announce all changes to our operating system support, including when an operating system enters or leaves its support phase. By providing notification of these support changes, we hope it will ease the transition from version to version of the Mac operating system. We also recommend checking Software Update regularly to make sure you are using the most recent update.

1 Like

Well done! :+1:t2:
But it’s sad read that amount of bulls*hits about Macs from people who never used one :roll_eyes:

This is the better :joy::rofl:

1 Like

When I grew up I used macs a lot for media and sound like cubasis, logic, fruity loops ect…

Macs are old and out of date with an extremely large price tag to to the brand name

Using a mac for gaming is always a bad idea.
In any case, in any game. Mac is amazing for working tho.

So yes, better go away or get a pc. Good luck.

Well, new iMac came with last generation of intel cpus and electronic stuff. I agree that they are overpriced: for the same price you get a stellar pc or portable.

I misunterstood your definition of ‘media center’ computer: it’s true, on my desktop there’s an late 2009 iMac and a pc build by myself. With the iMac I handle my photos, it’s great for this duty, despite is it too old.

With the pc instead I play WoW, though is aged as well ( four cores amd phenom) WoW run quite well, so no need to put windows on the iMac.

At the end you can dislike Apple for his elitist priced stuff, and this is understandable, less understandable is denigrate it without any knowledge of this stuff. :hugs:

A lil off topic but …
//https://www.independent.co.uk/life-style/gadgets-and-tech/news/apple-iphones-slow-down-old-models-smartphone-speed-ios-updates-a8121906.html

Again, this sound just like an urban myth: my iPhone is 4 year old, with the last updating (ios 13.3) and run fast like the 1st day when I bought it.

1 Like

yeah, that happens when you install new software on older devices naturally though xD otherwise its mostly tinfoil hats.

They do it to the phones, that is common knowledge, but I didn’t know it was the computers as well. This behaviour is horrible and so greedy I have no words for it that I can write here.

1 Like

I’ll give up. I’m off with this thread. :flushed:

1 Like

I’ve got an iPhone and a Samsung. The Samsung is 2 years older but far slower and unusable as a phone now than my iPhone which still works like the day I got it :woman_shrugging: neither are the latest models or classified new by any stretching of the imagination. Phones get old and begin to die.

My MacBook is 6.5 years old and works fine with a little lag in WoW, it runs other programs fine, still regularly updates and plays other games (offline single player) fine.

Every pc I’ve ever owned from laptops to desktops have died after 3 years so again :woman_shrugging: go figure

I’m happy with my MacBook, it still does it’s job, I paid a lot out in one go 6.5 years ago but I’ve never had to pay for a new version of my OS since :wink:

3 Likes

Ok, all good then. I’m not against Apple specificly, just the artificial ageing behaviour. There was a lot to read about that a couple of years ago, and I don’t think it’s just iPhones. I had to buy a new phone because my HTC wouldn’t accept the updates. And way back in the stone age, my first two computers were Macs and I loved them! So much more reliable and user friendly than PCs that kept crashing.