I'm concerned by the amount of High Elves

It sounds like a movie tbh.

Yes, yes it was.

https://www.imdb.com/title/tt1843303/

2 Likes

The greatest movie ever created.

1 Like

not even the night elves, who are most similar to trolls would live in these lands. and you want the High elves to?

There is a private server where they built the High elf city in that abandoned hidden area near stratholme. unfortunatly due to the TOS i cannot mention the private server, nor the name of the city they built. but it is very impressive and the zone matches the high elven style.

Looks actually insane. I’ve heard of it before, but felt like a dream and never existed.

I’m going to need to invest time to watch that

A political philosophy, movement, or regime that exalts nation and often race above the individual and that stands for a centralized and often autocratic government headed by a dictatorial leadership, severe economic and social regimentation, and forcible suppression of opposition.

I’m really not, this is textbook Blood Elf and often Orc rp.

1 Like

YASSS QUEEEN SLAAAY :nail_care: BASH THE FASH, I HATE RIGHTOIDS :fist:

3 Likes

I considered Stratholme as my first suggestion but there are two major problems with it.

1. Too close to the BElves, in order to stand on their own two feet as a faction they ideally need some notable geographic distance between the two.
  2. Really, it should be an Argent City, and if Blizz wasn’t allergic to world updates it would’ve been turned into an Argent town by now.
  3. I lied there’s three reasons: the undead keep coming back and the Argents keep losing it, it’s really embarassing, I think Stratholme is literally going to just be an undead infested firehole for literally ever because I guess Arthas’ cleansing was just that morally bankrupt??

A lot of words have been written in headcanon about how High Elves are the “nature” side of the Thalassian elves, primarily because of Alleria’s face tattoo the ranger lodges I guess. Now is the time for them to prove it.

I’ve said it for 100 times, but ok. You can’t be both a San’layn and a Forsaken or a Horde member, because these are the names of the different faction.s If you are posing as a San’layn in Orgrimmar, that means you are acknowledging that you are a potential threat because you are representing the interests of a typically hostile organization. I can see a way to justify even this, but again, this would be a completely different scenario from being the full member of the Horde/Forsaken/Cult of Forgotten Shadows or other societies.

First of all, this would not be a sudden San’layn. If you are a character who is at present a member of the Horde, that means they (should) have a solid background of how they came to be one. This usually involves many tedious steps, real NPCs, cults, connections. Never have I ever said that you can just randomly assign any title to yourself and be cool about it. Any concept that you choose to represent must be a result of a long and thoughtful process.

As for the High Elves in Stormwind, never have I said that people are not allowed to play. To quote myself, “to me overpopulation of HE in SW is a more immersion-breaking phenomenon than an undead in the Horde or a fel orc in the cathedral”. Officially the amount of surving High elves is incredibly small, and they represent a certain life choice and very specific traditions. However, their players (mostly) do not acknowledge this at all and simply insert a “blood elf model with fancy hair textures” in SW without taking proper responsibility for it. Hell, some people here argue that such HE presence in the Alliance is normal. No, it is not. High Elves aren’t a flourishing faction withing the Alliance. They have a certain background and should plan accordingly.

Otherwise it just makes very little sense, which is totally fine for the people here who defend High Elves unconditionally but attack the Darkfallen concept on sight.

P.S. I already see that a person above suggests making a whole CITY for High elves. Who are a very rare minority (!!!) and not even a frequent sight in the Alliance that would have to fund this new capital. Lol, it says it all

It’s also fiction and largely only happened after the race(s) were driven to the point of near extinction. There’s a point to be made that the writing could have been handled better on many fronts, though ultimately it’s a video game story and a lot of people just want to role-play and have fun first and foremost without indulging bizarre purity spirals based on unrelated real world parallels.

not stratholme, the area next to it. People call it classic quel thalas. its just an empty zone with a abandoned Highborne tower, and a abandoned dock.

they kinda are, but people forget the mages too are big part of the high elven culture. what i noticed with High elf silver covenant NPC’S is that they often use ice spells more than they do fire spells. in fact, ive never seen them use fire spells. something to think about. noticied this during the shadowlands prepatch when the scourge randomly invaded

San’layn is not a faction of undead, it is a specific kind of vampiric Darkfallen. The San’layn who tried to align themselves with the Forsaken / Horde were still referred to as San’layn, because that is what they are. It’s like (elven) banshees and dark rangers; both are undead elves, aka Darkfallen, but they are a specific kind of undead elves / Darkfallen rather than a faction or group.

San’layn concept, not the Darkfallen concept.

2 Likes

Yeaaaaaah they are not what I would call stellar RPers. The OOC is still present by the way even recently as I lurk hidden in Orgrimmar often.

Fortunately there’s still the Dustpaw but hey, I guess being PCU aligned has warded them off from such… Questionable attitudes.

2 Likes

I tend to preserve that word for actual real life fascism, not fictional renditions of it. The Empire from Star Wars is arguably an exception, but then, they were pretty much directly lifted from actual 1940s Germany in terms of inspiration and execution.

6 Likes

Don’t :poop: On the Scavs in my presence… I know what I did I am no one to speak…

But they have taken great steps to improve and align them selves with the rest of the server. And that effort should be appreciated.

Dust Scavengers leaders came from no where… With no renown. Or Argent dawn experience. And made one of the biggest and flag ship guilds of Vulpera Argent dawn has ever seen.

For a bunch of first time guild leaders. And unknowing of Argent dawn. That deserves some recognition.

1 Like

The San’layn is the name of the sect. The race is Darkfallen, but with a curse that forces them to have vampiric characteristics. Often the term San’layn is used to refer to this specific bunch of the Darkfallen for clarity because everyone is used to this term and every fallen Blood Elf from that battle was once one of them. The San’layn as an organization can be Scourge-alligned or Independent. The San’layn who were present in BfA apparently were more or less independent and seeking a new future for themselves. They could be called San’layn Mage/Neophyte/etc. because it is what many call this as a short and easy way or because that’s what these elves call themselves and see themselves as. Narrowing everything down to this particular group is neither helpful nor useful because I can parry it as well.

Headcanon is fun.

1 Like

Oh so we’re doing headcanon now.

1 Like

Jinx! Hahaha!

2 Likes

“San’layn” and “darkfallen” are going to lose their meaning to me I’ve read them so many times now