Im gonna be honest and tell you

When i join a bg nowadays i cba do anything. Sure i can heal a bloke every now and then in a 1v1…but all in all, i really dont give a S* anymore in randoms…

Why?

Cause im fed up with losing 9/10bg…and 7/9 as a crushing loss.

Somehow i feel alot of ppl think the same, but they go ahead and try do some dmg while they wait for the bg to end. I do my part in passivemode to not stall the loss any more than needed

What changes need to be done for random bgs to be balanced/fun??
I HARDLY think people, botht on horde and alliance this this is fun?

6 Likes

Did you ever consider the fact that you are part of the problem? If something has to change is you first than anything else. Win or lose, I will do my best in the bg. Only exception is vs an army of twinks, in which case no matter what you do.

17 Likes

OH am i now?

Did you ever consider me, once upon a time, being one of those telling tactics and using bgchat for communications and do the most to win it?
Only to see that it doenst mean SH… in most bgs where we lost?

So im fed up with that. Sure i might be a part of the problem now, but i reallty dont care anymore.

Im fed up with meeting teams that probably would do it well in rated bgs…only positive is that we lose fast.

Im fed up with meeting “balanced” teams scorewise (KB, deaths, healing and dmg done) only to see my team even THEN cant figure out what to do as the BG goes on, to win it.

Im fed up with when it finally is a win, we win by far. And its interesting to see how the winning team feels when the other team gives up or just dont play for objectives.

And imho my friend, i alone cant win the bg for ppl. Sadly it takes a coop team to do that and it RARELY happens these days…

So thats why i cba anymore.
Yes i became a leech and tbh its better than trying just to lose over and over and OVER again.

1 Like

Well then, looks like you have already given up and nothing I can say will change your mind. Last thing I would suggest, is find a premade team and roll with them. Other than that, my personal experience is that there are good teams and bad teams. Have experienced both and honestly you just have to play until you land on a good one.

4 Likes

Yeah true. But atm bgs feels like a chore rather than something fun.

:slight_smile:

you’re the only variable in the equation that can change. theres players on both factions that have a positive winratio in bgs. you cant carry them all but you sure as hell can swing the ratio in your favour.

try harder and get better

/thread

1 Like

People who stop trying annoy me most, because they’re usually the people who could make a difference in the bg. A noob can’t help being a noob.

More than 1/2 my losses could have been wins if people didn’t stop trying.
I find myself trying even harder when my team falls behind & it’s depressing to find out only a few of us are left making the effort.
A few days ago on WSG, people were crying about a Russkie premade. I asked everyone to just try atleast. We capped the winning flag only because of the few people left trying.

I doubt there’ll ever be true balance, as experience, attitude & skill all play their part before we even get to racials & faction & gear.
Fun… yeh I was having more fun with WW in Legion, but ‘suppose they can’t please all the people all the time.

3 Likes

Okay, when I compare my characters (two on each faction) win ratio in the smaller bgs I can’t help but to notice that my win ratio is higher on my horde characters than on my alliance. The lowest ratio I have on horde is 54% in ToK on one of them, and on alliance the lowest is 30% in Ssm.
But okay, I haven’t played that character as long as the other one and who knows, perhaps I just been very unlucky every time I logged that one?
So I check my hunter that I have more games played on and the lowest is… 41% in Ssm.

I’m the same person, given some time I learn the different spec’s well enough to do okay in random bg’s, surely the win ratio in Ssm should be a bit more even than 30% and 40% on alliance vs 58% and 65%?
They are all dps characters I might add.

What I’m seeing today in random bg’s is pretty much the same thing I saw back in WoD when alliance was the dominating faction. The win ratio for the smaller faction simply went down and player skills were usually lacking in comparison to the other. I recall the worst times were in between seasons when arenas were down, since then you had arena players swarming the bg’s and they increased the skill gap even further. We don’t see that anymore since there isn’t any downtime between seasons now.

And no, don’t bother checking this priest. I have barely done any random bg’s on this one this expansion, my alts are more accurate… even if I overall haven’t done as many bg’s these expansion as in previous ones. I usually just do few bg’s until I get my first win and then swap or stop. Unless if I’m on my alliance, then it’s not uncommon anymore that I just stop after enough losses since it just seems pointless.

I dont expect silent victories. I do expect ppl play for winning, but obv that doesnt go for most ppl doing it…

Are you absolutely sure they are not doing their best? Like I said random BG has many variables. Sometimes its numbers. Gear. Tanks and healing might be equal, but other side is just going to be better and win the game. They all have free will and skill level they approach the game.

Do you want something particular reward for winning or why losing upsets you so much?

They might be doing their best. But that doesnt need to benefit the objectives.

Its just not that the other side are better most of the times, they are 10x better.

I dont min losing when we tried our best. When people contribute, listeing to calls and act from them.

I dont want more rewards. I want less steamrolling from bgs with objectives.

Or maby just make an arena like on timeless isle, where you stuff in 10x10ppl, no healers and major cds, last man standing wins…

1 Like

Why bother even joining a random then ?

The rewards are crap, you clearly aren’t getting any fun out of it, wouldn’t it be wiser doing something else that’s more fun, like say the washing up?

1 Like

Nobody likes to works for free.

BG is like working for free.

again 1 word russian pre made ruin u fun

1 Like

Losing battlegrounds happens for numerous reasons. I will say that I no longer do them on my alliance main, due to the toxicity of players. I only do battlegrounds on my horde alt, where we do win and there seems to be less toxicity.

Perhaps roll a horde alt and do battlegrounds on that character to see how things are. Simply saying you are going to quit and not participate is also contributing to the problem.

If you hate randoms you can always make a group and go into rated battlegrounds for a taste of how things are different.

tell u russian pre made ruin bg moment

1 Like

Doest always have the be a russian premade…

We can meet a mediocre horde team…and still lose because people are either clueless, are bots or dont really give a f about objectives.
Sometimes you even face ppl that own you so hard you could afk from the start.

Like the BG i just did. Their demonhunter had more dmg than our top4 combined…and they 3capped us 4 min out in the bg.
I was on my druid 390ilvl (which tody isnt much) and i belive he 4shot me, it surely felt like it.

Im not a pvp elitists. I dont have controll on what arsenal other classes got on defensive/offensive cds. I cba checking it either cause i got other things to do than pvp 24/7 and think about pvp 24/7.

So i die in seconds, even with the use of cds.

Fun? no

I’d rather be 1shotted with one strong ability than checking the logg and see “x hits you for 1k, 3k, 4k” and die from it.

I want to die from pom-pyro cause i then kno whats comming. Now its just random stuff and generally luckbased when to press defensive cds…

1 Like

The problem is that you have 50% chance to have 2 and/or people in each BG that just enter and prey to get carried by the team.

What makes BGs unplayable are premades.
In my case I don’t get angry if loose, but outplayed by tactic, not by GY farm.

After premades, ilvl is huge disbalance at the moment. Premades bring more gear, more healers and such. I see fix in ilvl grouping, because blizzard shows that heal balance is impossible, when try it, they see how much healers actually play non rated BGs. The worse experience in game is to heal versus premades.

Healers begin to ask where is damage, dead people can’t DPS and all BG is fail.
Ilvl grouping at least can make potential of groups equal to some point.

1 Like

they are already balanced, what do you want ? A 30% dmg/healing bonus for the losers ? where’s the fairness for the winning faction then ? when are ppl gonna stop being entitled to win?

1 Like