Im happy that we have retail

i played classic and trust me its not fun at all. Leveling is so tedious. You spend most of your time not actually playing the game but walking from A to B or looking for mobs becausee the zones are farmed empty. Im happy we have retail except for the PVP it need to improve again. Dont think many will actually reach level 60. The game is super grindy and getting to level 40 is already super time intensive. Dont now how you can like killing boars all day long. It shows that the game is 15years old and not up to todays standards.

And dont worry retal will of course not die. More and more players will be coming back because they aer just checking out classic just to realize that its crap.

25 Likes

okay we get it classic bad retail good now shut up.

24 Likes

i talk when i want

6 Likes

Why canā€™t we be friends, Why canā€™t weee bee frieends

4 Likes

I kind of agree with you. I returned back to retail and I am doing couple of secret questlines and these are taking my game time (1-2h / night). Once I get bored again with retail, I can go back to classic. It is not going anywhere

5 Likes

everything is slow and boring i agree. at lv 60 you can spend 40 (!) seconds drinking water to refill your mana bar as a mage.

terrible game design.

9 Likes

People asked for the classic experience, and thatā€™s what they got. Retail spoiled you so much.

8 Likes

Here the silver plate that you are looking for.

2 Likes

I havenā€™t actually had this in Classic. What I have had is mobs respawn before I looted the one I just killed - and doing this often.

Not that I object to tweaking the spawns to actually ensure the zones are populated, but I could do with 10 seconds to loot and throw a heal or two on myself first x)

Oh I really wanted to use this joke hereā€™s the time machine you were looking for :crazy_face:.

2 Likes

I am enjoying Classic. It has itā€™s flaws but then every game does.

7 Likes

from my experience after reaching 60 in 7 days

• community super toxic. (dont know about retail )
  • lvling is tedious and boring ( 15-51 dungeon leveling).
  • Really bad questing system. at least fix it before u release this game.
  • game is limiting my choices for example my druid is only accepted as dps(feral) or healer (resto). so, you cant be free to choose any class. u have to know the meta for endgame raid/dungeon.
  • 1 mechanic bosses. i cant even tell what i killed most of the dungeons if i killed mob or boss.
    -super casual game but designed to waste your time.
  • really easy game. the bad design for mobs being together is what made the game hard for old people i think.to me itā€™s easyā€¦(lure the pack ā€¦root oneā€¦reset the restā€¦kill the mob)
  • really toxicity in dungeon from people unbelievable. and they ask for meta just to dungeon leveling.
  • itā€™s not fun game at all if u compare it with any other game right now. there r BDO, Tera online,BNS each have their own difficulty and require skill to do things or killing mobs. but hereā€¦naah ā€¦auto attack only.
6 Likes

And I thought this was going to be a post praising Retail. Instead itā€™s a post bashing another game. Backhanded praise isnā€™t classy.

Oh I made a pun.

5 Likes

Itā€™ll stop once you go beyond most of the playerbase and donā€™t have to compete with 20 players for the same mobs. Last time it happened for me was duskwood and wetlands with kill quests

In comparison lvl30+ zones are empty u_U Feels like i met more people killing raptors in wetlands than in the Aratis Highlands and desolas combined. (Are they perhaps all in STV ?)

I prefer classic where randoms are more friendlier to each other

In retail everyone is so cold to eachother as they just see another player as a random dude that only serves their own purpose

You say that leveling is tedious, how fun is it kill mobs with 2 hits while leveling and with no effort at all get epicsā€¦ you can queue for lfr where no one knows the other guy or solo quest where no one even bother to say hi to each other

Ofc retail will hold longer as the classic canā€™t ever keep up with something that continuous gets new content but there are a lot of players that are not happy how activison blizzard is milking the cow and rush and push everything for maximum profit

I canā€™t see myself returning to retail anytime soon due how monotonous and lonely it felt with noting else to do than grinding ap and titanforged gear all day long

7 Likes

Thatā€™s actually ironic considering how several people from Classic come to Retail forums just to bash Retail.

2 Likes

Leveling in Classic feels like a journey of its own compared to Retail leveling experience that is more like a big tutorial to get a bit familiar with your character before the ā€˜realā€™ game starts.

In Retail you canā€™t enjoy zones and canā€™t enjoy dungeons because you are leveling too fast. Every profession feels useless during leveling because you level so fast that you have no use for the things you create and only endgame recipes matter. In Classic itā€™s exactly the opposite.

Also Retail hands players everything on a silver platter to make sure even a 2-year old kid will get to end game mashing random buttons without any risk of dying.

I will, however, admit that endgame is arguably better in Retail since you have more things to do/grind.

2 Likes

Friendly, in classic ? ā€œInv plzā€ - or ā€œlfm 2 mages, priest healer and warrior tankā€

Yes quality community.

1 Like

Most toxic players went to classic. All farmer went to classic. I can actually see the herbs nodes.

Stay there guys - now retail community feels like classic.

3 Likes

People were almost all the time turned out to be friendly due to my experience.

Also It kinda seems you are out of ideas on this topic, to the point you think forming prefered so called ā€˜ā€˜Aoeā€™ā€™ groups could be considered toxic lmao, how?.I got no issues joining any dungeon, (I did many so far) as a class that is not mage/priest/warrior.

Just say classic isnā€™t for you, stop pretending.Iā€™ll still keep my retail acc if they manage to bring a good expansion that is not uttely shtty like BfA.Yet Iā€™ve had so much satisfaying community moments in 2 weeks, then I had in last 3 expacs in retail.Due to interactions.

1 Like