I'm not sure what to do anymore: should I boost a character or wait for a fresh server?

The thing is: I really want to play TBC, but the current meta where everyone boosts a toon, pays to skip the content, buys a mount, is ok with the wow token and so on…honestly annoys me to no end. Not to mention I’d have no gold compared to all the people who have tons, which sucks, and I’d be quite behind. If I boost a character, I’ll have to go on a pve server too to avoid getting ganked by all the anti-boosters, and it’s not like people won’t spit on me.

All of this is why I’m wondering if I should not wait for a fresh TBC server, EVEN if it takes months for that to happen…but at the same time I want to play.

So what should I do? Play on a pve server and boost a character, or just wait for a few fresh servers to come out the next weeks/months, and be patient?

Thanks

1 Like

Yup, that’s exactly why Blizzard did this: they knew that people would want to play even if they don’t like boosts at all. Tons of people are in this situation: feeling forced to boost to play with their friends instead of being able to play on a fresh tbc server.

2 Likes

I hope they will not open any new TBC servers. Why should they? The server population is pretty good balanced.

About your “what if…” , “they will /spit on me” , etc : Why the eF do you care what other says? You will still have no gold with or without the boosted character. I’ve just leveled a Shaman 1-58 and I have just 50g . Aka “no gold”.

Boost or start a new Char. The decision is yours, but “waiting” for a New Server is bad mentality.

4 Likes

We don’t even know if fresh realms will come, most think they will but Blizzard have not said yes or no. And if they do release fresh realms they will start with Classic-era ones, which if you take that they will be released in TBC then TBC fresh will release in Wrath. So you will be waiting a really long time.

I would say wait a week then buy the boost on the PvP realm but first buy a full set of AH greens so when someone looks at you they don’t see the communal set if you are afraid of being ganked. My boosted character has not been /spit at once, then again that is PvE.

If you don’t like the mounts just buy the boost and save yourself some money.

1 Like

Precisely my point xD

Fresh wont happen, at least not the one where no-boost is enabled.
About fear about being behind, it is just fear, nothing else, during classic people were doing dungeons and raids whole time. People roll alts, latecomers come all the time.

1 Like

That time you want to wait until a possible fresh server can also be used to level a pj in tbc in a normal way; So you save boosting and that time does not pass in vain

They do god’s work.

Not sure God went around killing and spitting…

Oh Hi Noah

Nvm

2 Likes

post deleted

1 Like

I wouldn’t worry about getting ganked I’m on a PvP server with deluxe mount and nobody has attacked me in outland most people respect the other faction as it slows down their own progress as there is alot of both factions in every area starting PvP is asking to get jumped by others

OP if you really find all that ‘annoying’ then just ignore it and level a toon normally.

Yes, you will be ‘behind’ in terms of gold, blah blah but you will always be ‘behind’ someone- unless you play the AH and make millions or join a top raiding guild, play 24/7, etc…

Just play your own game. What does it matter if someone has more gold than you? Some people have been playing since the year dot and have piles of it, what makes you think boosted toons have any?

Also, boosted toons miss out on a lot of slow levelling of professions etc and hence will need to spend time doing that as well.

And not ‘everyone’ has paid to boost a toon- lots of people had lvl60 toons already.

Once you get over yourself you’ll realise the only real decision to make is whether to play or not.

1 Like

Wait there’s a none boosted character realm?

If you want a proper economy and gameplay experience then definitely wait for a fresh server. Server transfers messed up all the classic economies hardcore to a degree where it can never recover. The only reason you should roll now is if those servers have characters with sentimental value tied to them or if you wanna play right now. Otherwise it’s 100% better for you to wait for a fresh server

2 Likes

No

Might be a long wait, if ever.

1 Like

I have high doubts. A lot of players already missed out on TBC launch due to various reasons of p2w mechanics, horrible release timeframes and neither of those is even a considerable fraction of the players who simply didn’t pick up TBC because they don’t offer fresh servers. It’s simply way too much money for them to ignore especially when there’s nothing to lose in them really

2 Likes

And within a month the economy will be exactly like all the others.

Fresh server ‘experience’ is a myth. It’s like moving to a new town for a ‘fresh start’ without dealing with all the issues that caused you problems last time…

3 Likes

Complete lie you liar. I can’t even fathom how someone would be so naive to think that a server could reach a state of economy in month or even many of them that a wide array of servers with crosshopping bank accounts managed to achieve in 2 years. Well you don’t probably even believe it but just wanted to say it because you wanted to say something snarky against fresh servers because ??? who knows

Stop lying dude. It’s actually cringe. Let other players have their fresh experience and enjoy it

2 Likes

It was LAST NIGHT how can you miss out? Unless you’ve JUST started.

You mean like segregating the player base? Costing Blizzard more money, small amount of pick up on it?

It did last time on release of Classic.

By missing out I mean as in players not wanting to play in the current servers due to said reasons. Not to say that as counterbalance that boosts and whatever didn’t bring back players

Questionable. Sure some servers would lose players who would rather play on fresh servers and would be ready to sacrifice their already gained character progression to play on fresh servers, but that amount wouldn’t be enough to be even considered an issue. I mean they’re already offering free server transfers for players to move off from certain servers and it’s not like server merges are a non-considerable option for dead servers. All in all a 0/5 reason to not put out fresh servers considering that they cater different segments of players to begin with

What a disgusting loaded question so I fixed it for you

??? please elaborate. I have zero idea what you’re even trying to say with this