I'm officially DONE with Blizzards default action bars

They’re terrible. They bug out ALL the time!

• Key binds fail activate skills
  • Bars randomly disappear
  • Key binds and action bars changes don’t get saved after clicking ‘save’.

Never again.

7 Likes

I have used default UI for over a decade and never had any problems. No idea what you’re doing :joy:

9 Likes

It’s a known bug that only affects certain people.

4 Likes

Let me add a couple …

I play in window mode and the middle top four buttons are only active the bottom half of the icons. I have my fire spells there and when I go to click fire blast nothing happens. You have to point only at the very lower half of the icon. Something is obscuring the buttons.

The chat pane line where you enter say ’ SAY’ etc obscures half the bottom line of me left hand action bar. So in truth I’m losing around half of six buttons.

And I agree that save function is hit and miss it sometimes works and sometimes doesn’t. And I have no add-ons. Never use them. And why you have to save a profile all the time… just rotate the map for goodness sake. Other games you just can move this stuff around at will. Why it has to be so complicated. Sure save a layout if you want but seriously these things should just move around freely. Or is that ‘yet’ another option I gotta go activate. Dunno.

And I doubt anyone considered this layout for a window view cus who in their right mind would have as standard the target mob bar located over the quest list. And that silly You have talent point notification obscuring the bottom half of my bags. Yes I know I have new talent points… go away.

Personally I think the UI is the worst I’ve ever seen in a game, and its never been any good in truth. Just way too messy and cluttered.

3 Likes

lucky you then, because this new UI revamp has had more bugs than anything I’ve ever seen before by Blizzard

3 Likes

the only thing that annoy me is the silver gryphons of the bar cover the dialogues on the left. if i try to move the bars on the right happens a mess like tryin to put a picture on Word.

1 Like

ElvUI for life!

1 Like

I had the same problem - I went into Battle net and had the files repaired there, then reinstalled the whole game. Since then I have only one problem and that is that whenever I go into edit mode I have to reload because it throws up windows with error messages about addons whereas until then addons works as it should … otherwise never any other problem, before all I had problems like absolute non-functionality of pressing spells or a billion windows with error messages and every time I changed the instance I had to reload.

The only issue I had since release were my dragonriding abilities not saving in the bars. I guess if you’re using a lot of addons, they’re likely causing issues.

Never had a single problem with it at all. Neither with keybinds nor anything else.

Most of the issue is addon that causes it to bug out.

Bars never dissapear. Check if the problem is not because of an addon again.

Weird tbh it always gets saved.

So most of the time its the user that messes it up tbh not the actual ui of blizzard.

You can hide the gryphons completely via Edit Mode. :slightly_smiling_face:

2 Likes

My only issue is these so called protected functions that are only allowed to blizzard UI.
How the heck is there an interaction between the abilities in my action bars and some random rare mob addon?

This has literally nothing to do with the action bar. You can hide the UI and your keybinds would still work.

Why would anyone use the default bars ?? The add-ons are so much better always have been.

ElvUI is bis Hoozaah!

Habit. I’ve always used the default UI in the 16 years I’ve played. It works for me because I have not experienced any alternatives. I appreciate that customised UIs probably are better in the long-run but the current version works for me.

A lot of addons are causing the action bars to break at the moment. That is probably what’s causing it. From what I can tell it’s mostly related to map addons; anything that does anything to the map. WQ addons (especially angrier world quests), scaling, moveable map window, zoom level savers, map pin distance… etc. I don’t think handynotes causes any problems but could be wrong.

I saw an option to remove it at action bars in settings.

bartender since I started playing wow, 0 issues

1 Like