I'm officially DONE with Blizzards default action bars

Nah, I prefer Mayron Gen6

fair, if it works it works :slight_smile:

I wonder if this problem is caused by the Special Action button overlay ?

There is a sizeable clear rectangle in the middle of the screen which can only be seen in Edit mode or during a vehicle quest with specific vehicle actions.

It has caught me out a few times after a game update, which sometimes loses my saved settings.

I’m sure you can disable them or edit the bars to make them smaller

I still use bartender4, best addon ever!

No problems here, maybe you have an addon causing issues. Certainly not something I see across our 3 systems here.

I checked but im unable to find the option

When you hover the icon highlight vanishes and is not active. Particularly annoying as a fire mage when I need to maintain my rotations and nothing happens when I click. It is the same bottom left with Battle Pets as the chat pane enter section overlays the action icons for the pets and so you only have a very small bit of icon to play with. Fortunately with that one there is no rush.

1 Like

I have just tried to replicate the vanishing icon issue, but not been able to. I am sure it has happened to me in the past, and assumed it was an overlay getting in the way. (The talking heads one is massive on screen and the extra abilities one is quite ‘chunky’ too :smiley:)

I am only using Handynotes addon atm, so it could possibly be a different addon conflict somewhere :woman_shrugging:

I can see the default chat box sprawling across into the bottom action bar though, I don’t know why they make the default quite so wide.

It is a shame this is happening as must be frustrating and is just gonna put some people off.

1 Like

I always thought the action bar main issue was to do with the clickable area around your own character that renders that section of the view screen inactive. When a player has the screen set not with such a small window then your character is much higher above the icons. I have specific issues that need me to have the window at the bottom of the screen and the new layout is simply dreadful. Why they simply didn’t let all the floating stuff, be just that and free flow like windows in any GUI I have no idea. In Tera I was able to move the map at will around the screen. A simple ‘lock’ on screen all the time could be used to hold the layout without profiles.

For me it shows a lack of game testing. Not unusual in this game to take what is presumed the norm and assume everyone plays like that. If that were the case then why allow window options.

You could have deleted the WTF folder.

Never had any of those issues wtf

The issue i have is that target of target is unreliable. Sometimes it shows, sometimes it doesn’t.
Vanishing action bars has to do with the new talent system.

Though I haven’t encountered most of these I’ve certainly had a bad disappear.

I still wish there was that bit more in terms of customisation.
I’m not even sure if I can remove gryphons without an add on still because nothing obvious screamed at me and I’d rather play the game than spend time diving around to find this.

I’d also love more fine tuning in terms of length/width etc of action bars and the ability to have a horizontal bar that’s maybe four stack for some extra spells.

All in all I prefer the new UI but it’s far from perfect. I’d love to be able to use ELV UI but I just can’t ‘not’ use my norm!

Maybe try playing from a tablet or phone, see what happens! :smiley:

Thats what i did too but after install addons again it works same bad

That would suggest it’s the addons that are the issue.

/sigh

i logged into era first time in half year after playing retail a while and was amazed at the responsiveness, the feel, the vibrant colours, the clean setup, the well functioning addons, the impact from actions and whatnot.

retail was littered with bugs. unresponsive ui, dead feel, no impact in ui action, weird corny graphics (check the panda char screen for an extreme example), bulky ui, restricted options, crap everywhere. i liked the new minimap though.

it’s early yet so shouldn’t expect to much from addons. my UI addon of choice is CT. it’s always worked, its updated for DF, but keybinds bug out and need ui reload. i have to replace it, bartender is in que, but a brief check proved it don’t have actual ui improvement, only bars. no other good addons that maintain a classic ui is out there so im looking to have to use garbage default hotbars.

oh and dragonriding bugging out sidestep and forcing autorun on top of this.

it’s just the upper layer of the iceberg of doom.

trash GCD change we got in legion and changed into near useless tab targeting cause plebs kept targeting birds.

4 euro value.

It annoys me how slow Blizzard is at things, and how they always wanna “re-invent” everything just 10 000 years later.

HOTS failed because Blizzard was greedy and slow when it came too the MOBA genre.
Despite HOTS being a fantastic game, it died out because Blizzard was slow, wouldn’t listen and got greedy, then couldn’t save a sinking ship.

We have seen Blizzard do this several times, with the UI aswell, and the latest disaster is this UI, which is so bug riddled it’s ridicolous.

At the moment my Raid Frames refuse to show up, so i coldn’t even play as a healer in BGs or Raids even if i wanted to heal this expansion.
And the action bars are jumping all over the place when i log into the game again.
Don’t remember which expansion it was, but one expansion they had the idea that addons wouldn’t be allowed ingame, yet refused to fix or provide players with the helpfull addons that we have been playing with for years.

It’s as if they keep bashing their heads into the same wall everytime, and then complain about having a headache afterwards… it’s senseless…

Issue is Blizzard…LUA errors cannot be done by addons.