I'm so done

You are just disagreeing with me for the sake of disagreeing with me as you don’t accept that survival hunter is and always should have been a melee spec.

The simple fact is, blizzard are using robots to determine a classes overall capability and not the overall player experience and fun related to playing that class.

BFA is the prime example of this form of game update as it took a significant amount of “top player” feedback and as a result a large number of specs now feel horrible but still technically perform very well, There is plenty of evidence of this across the forums.

I’ve never read anything more stupid in my life. Do you seriously think top players have asked for significant simplification of specs every expansion since MoP? Better players want MORE complexity, not less.

I also don’t think you quite understand the concept of simcraft.

Indeed.

Couldn’t agree more.

If you’re doing content at a level of difficulty/pace where those small improvements might determine whether you succeed or not, then yes, you would want to help out your group/raid.

That said, most group-based content can be managed even if you don’t have everything 100% optimized. But especially if you’re pushing for ranks or similarly competing then, you’d do well to find out what the most optimal choices are.

The entire class? No thx…

That’s not what they did going into BfA, no.

Thanks, forgot to specify survival hunter there, but i fixed it.

Anyway, why do you guys think that top players are always creating macros to MINIMISE the amount of things that they need to do? That should be obvious in what i said.

The only time one of those “top players” takes anything that increases what they have to do is if it massively increases their potential output.

Do you guys know what the difference between a hobby and a job is?

In a job you are payed for maximum performance.

In a hobby you pay to have fun and relax.

Here you assume that everyone thinks the same about the topic of “fun”. And what that means.

incorrect and you will also need to elaborate on what you mean specifically.

Actually im disagreeing because I have a different opinion than you, to the point that while I enjoy the melee iteration(s) (I have classic available, not that fun with all the grinding mind you) but still vastly prefer the ranged DoT based iteration which is more beloved and remembered by most of the hunter player base as a whole.

Its called coding, it’s what/most/ developers of anything use today in any situation it is required or beneficial to do so yes.
Literally nobody is forcing you to go with mainstream, meme builds exist for a reason and some are viable.

Actually that is due to people complaining about stuff being too hard, too many buttons to press, too many timers to keep track on etc.
Literally nobody who’ve done Heroic content and above wanted what BfA is, I can say that for sure.

As one who wants to get a goal done would. I don’t see anything fun in having to press 3 buttons if a macro can make it easier and benefit me more by a single button press instead.

I highly doubt you’ve had to do /any/ job then, because I can tell you if you want to maximize your performance you find the loopholes to make it faster, easier and thus more efficent than the one who does it by the oldest slowest method.
Again why do it slower when you can do it faster and in many cases better? It’s how society and tech has evolved from having to tell the tale over generations, to writing it down in stones to paper and now, in 1’s and 0’s on a machine.

Again fun is a VERY subjective emotion, some find doing the same thing over and over until they succeed fun. Others find breezing through the same thing but easier fun and others yet find doing neither but just spectating fun.
Relaxation also depends on what type of person you are, for me I find pushing myself in a virtual game to be a relaxing pass time over watching TV as an example.

At this point I am literally not sure what you’re trying to say or accomplish, just plain clueless or a troll, hell even somewhere inbetween the two.

1 Like

Thanks for agreeing and confirming my point btw.

Thanks for confirming you being a clueless troll poster :^)

you are the one agreeing AND disagreeing with the same conept in the same post.

I am the one taking the time to write out why I agree and disagree instead of throwing a temper tantrum like a toddler being denied his pacifier would.

There is no rule saying I am not allowed to agree and disagree in a post with several points, of which is what I do which doesn’t equate to “the same concept”.

Meanwhile you sit here, spewing clueless nonsense which a few of us bother to correct and respond to.

I literally rewrote this post 5 times so take what I have here, I am literally losing braincells communicating with you at this point in time.

The perhaps I should break your own words up then:

Well, in the way you wrote that post, it appears as if you don’t think that some players find it fun to work out the most efficient ways to overcome parts of he game(challenges).

It sounds as if you don’t think that some can find it fun to use certain parts of their toolkit to “circumvent” a particular mechanic in a fight. Or deal with some mechanics tied to their class/spec.

An obvious example here would be encounters where you have mechanics where your group(a few people) is supposed to soak something, or you’ll wipe. But instead of always moving together for soaking, you can assign some players that have immunities to deal with those soaks by themselves.

Something like this, makes an encounter easier to deal with(it’s more efficient). Even though it’s not actually necessary to do so. But for some players, it’s fun to work out how it can be done.

The same goes with class abilities and what you can do with them to become more efficient.

Does this mean that “hardcore” players are only out trying to simplify the game? No. Not at all. All it means, is that some players enjoy finding out in what ways you can play the class, or deal with mechanics, etc. etc.

I see, then you have misunderstood, remember, the concept of hobbies aquaints to all hobbies and not just a single one and thus if they only focus on people having fun based upon perofmance then they will lose the rest of the playerbase.

And we have lost a chunk of the playerbase indeed this expansion.

That is true yes. But I’m arguing that your assumption of why that happened is the wrong one.

Based on the fact that most of the changes done in recent expansions, weren’t made to cater towards “hardcore” players.

And by “hardcore”, I mean players who engage in the most difficult content(PvE/PvP). I can guarantee that you will have a very hard time finding a single “hardcore” player who have advocated for many the changes made, going into BfA. In terms of systems-design or class design etc.

1 Like

Good now read the post again with context to the cited bits and use your two braincells for a change to understand what exactly is being said and meant with those words.

Which has more to do with the declining quality of the game, among a few other factors, but do go on. Briz explains things pretty well.

1 Like

…What? Macros are made to maximise damage, not minimise the amount of things to do. I can’t believe somebody actually thinks this.

People take whatever does the highest output, regardless of whether that’s adding or reducing buttons. The complexity has absolutely 0 relevance at all.

This is the most casual thing i’ve ever read. Maximising performance = Maximum fun for most people. Just because you don’t mind under-performing doesn’t mean others don’t.

If you have fun playing poorly then feel free it’s your choice. But how can you possibly talk down to people for wanting to play optimally because that’s what they find fun?

You seem to be one of these people are ‘My way of having fun is the only way’.

2 Likes

Both are true your statement does not counter mine in this instance and so only serves to further the point in what you quoted, you can technically do maximum damage either way, the macro just reduces what you need in order to do that.

This is not entirely true, they will try to take the maximum output but if they realise that they can only achieve that output 40% of the time then they will often opt for the simpler option to bump it up to 99% execution chance. Consistancy > Potential as your overall performance stats will decrease if you cannot consistantly perform it.

The simple fact is, both should be possible simultaniously, this is a game after all and you shouldn’t be needing to sacrifice a large amount of your fun in order to be relevant which is why the talent trees and such exist, to give you an alternative to just a single way of playing the game. (Theres alot more to say about the talent trees on this topic)

and no, by now you should have realised that my way is that everyone should have fun and performance in what they are doing, you are still working on the assumption that there is only 1 way of doing things and that i disagree with that 1 way as a basis on things not being fun. This issue is far more complicated than that.

Ever heard of an ‘average’? I still don’t think you understand what simcraft does.

I don’t think anybody has any idea what you just said. Lots of words, doesn’t really mean anything.

I started to write just about everything I disagree with in this post but I think it’s best for my sanity if I just say ‘sure dude’ and move on.

well, let’s see:

Titnaforging: a hardcore centric change, the more you do things the more likely you are to get a big upgrade.

Simplifying classes: A hardcore centric change as a feeble attempt at reducing stress levels in high end content

Island expeditions: These are so grindy that it puts them in the category of hardcore content.

World quests: Again, there is just so many that you will only reasonably do all of them if you are rather hardcore about the game.

Artifact power: An extremely Grindy resource that gave massive benefit to hardcore players.

Even the mission tables: Content for you to specifically maximise the performance of to get the best return for your troops time.

Mythic+ dungeons: a hardcore 5-man mode

Mythic raids: Super hardcore raiding mode.

Heroic Raids: hardcore raiding mode.

Endlessly grindable reputation: hardcore rep grinding.

Look, they have put so much hardcore focused stuff into the game that the hardcore players are simply not interested in, the problem there obviously being that blizzard grossly misjudged the target audience of their content so you get hardcore players calling hardcore content casual as alot of it is kinda easy where as the casual players really wouldn’t like most of this stuff because it will either take them too long or they just can’t be bothered anyway.

I supposed we should start calling some of it “Frankencontent”, I mean, who or what even is alot of it?