I'm so done

I assumed this guy was trolling but the above post confirms it.

This was my personal highlight.

2 Likes

While Titanforging is somewhat useful even for those playing at the top levels, it’s actually aimed at people mainly engaging in lower difficulties as well as open world content and such.

Those who for example raid at Mythic level will ofc take advantage of such a system. As, especially those who are competing for world ranks, will do just about everything possible to come first.
Currently though, those who raid mythic, get gear with an item level 10 levels below max. While those who raid at HC, normally get gear with a default item level which is 25 below max.
And Normal difficulty awards gear with a default item level which is 40 below max.
And LFR, which drops it @ilvl 400.

You don’t have a bigger chance at gaining a titanforge on an item drop from mythic level compared to LFR or Normal. So, you tell me, for whom would this system be most useful? Who gains the most benefit out of a max ilvl item drop?

While it’s true that fewer mechanics equals less to think about in terms of the class itself, while you are engaged in e.g. content. I can guarantee you that no serious Mythic raider would really struggle with current class design even if they were to add in more mechanics or abilities.

Serious Mythic/Hardcore raiders make it a point to basically learn everything possible in terms of class mechanics, and make it part of muscle memory. A hardcore raider who struggles with the basic rotation or struggles with pressing their damaging abilities in the right way(at the right times), have some catching up to do.

The whole point of Mythic raiding, is not to make it easier each expansion. The point is to make it hard. That includes classes themselves. Many mythic-raiders(or hardcore PvP-ers for that matter), they don’t spend as much time doing what they do for the sake of making it as easy as possible. As an example, they raid Mythic because of the challenge.

And, like Jerby said, someone who is serious about maximizing their performance, they will choose the best talent, numbers-wise, no matter the mechanics tied to it. Whether they make the game-play harder or easier.

How many Island expeditions you do, is entirely up to yourself. Do none, and they aren’t grindy. If your goal is to maximize your neck levels as soon as possible, then you need to grind out quite a few of them.
The reason you would call those somewhat suited for Hardcore players, is only because Islands are the only content ingame which awards some decent AP.

But the islands themselves are meant for exploration, for mount collecting, pets, and more.

Like with Islands, WQs are entirely optional. If you don’t want to do them. Then don’t. As for “requirements”, you only have to do 3-4 WQs a day(depending on the emissary of the day). That’s not exactly hardcore. But you don’t have to do that either.

In Legion, this was true.

In BfA, not so much. The difference between an Azerite-trait at HC level vs. mythic level was minimal really.
In Legion, you at least had the option to farm to acquire more and more traits/ranks, or the Infinite trait(+ ranks).

You call the Mission Table, hardcore content??? I wouldn’t even call it “content”…

Agreed.

Not really.

For HC raids, know your class/spec, know how to communicate with teammates, know how to deal with mechanics during encounters, and you’re good.

Grindable reputations…and why would this benefit hardcore players more than casuals? All it does is provide gold and certain resources.

regardless of opinions on those content types, what is certain is that the content is often not appealing to the people who it should appeal to.

Hadcore does not simply mean hard content, basically anything that has significant grind for a reward can be considered hardcore.

So take the old valor and old conquest points, these were a casual form of progression as they did not excessively impose upon your time while offering a nice reward.

while the new conquest is hardcore as hell but is arguably alot easier to come by.

You have a very warped perception of what the term hardcore means. If you honestly believe that world quests are hardcore content then you might want to play a different game.

2 Likes

Now you are basically arguing the term “hardcore” in itself and what it means.

By your logic, someone who’s online 10 hours a day, only farming drakes in Swamp of Sorrows for a chance to loot the Dragonling pet, is a hardcore player.

Guy with no clue what words mean keeps on shouting them, more news at 2AM

Have any of you even bothered to look up the term “hardcore”?

I think you will find that is not what you think it is, and for that matter also “casual”.

Have you ever opened a dictionary yourself? You’re the one not knowing what the words you keep throwing around mean in context lmao.

You are treating Hardcore and Casual as mutually exclusive terms, do not do that.

You can be both dedicated and relaxed at the same time, casual and harcore.

The kind of content people seem to refer to is “difficult” content, not hardcore content.

Being hardcore only requires you to put in dedication to something and therefore any content which benefits more detication to the game is in effect hardcore content. This is why weekly caps existed in the past, to essentially reign in the content and make it more casual friendly. Without such a limitation there is only hardcore oriented content.

Mythic raids and dungeons are hardcore based upon difficulty while reputations for example, are hardcore based upon time, take the aqua team murder force achievement as a prime example, it requires up to 90 days of pure dedication to the nazjatar zone but is not particular difficult and can also be done fairly casually.

You’re still avoiding the question and general meaning behind the words.

Educate yourself further before you come back spewing nonsense on the forums aight.

Hardcore:

the most active, committed, or strict members of a group or movement.

Casual:

relaxed and unconcerned.

So for hardcore you can be active or commited but also fairly relaxed and unconcerned, being fairly casual.

But you can also take it too far and be strict and non-casual.

You are correct on one thing. The actual term “hardcore” does in itself have multiple meanings. But you’re applying it in the wrong way when it comes to talking about types of content in this game, and what people generally associate with that word.

Heck, the term “hardcore” have many meanings which have nothing at all to do with this game. (Some of which we’re not allowed to mention on these forums due to the ToS/CoC).

As for this game specifically, ofc you can spend hours every day on doing World Quests. Ofc you can log in multiple times a day to refresh your Command Table missions(or use the app).

Ofc you can endlessly grind Island Expeditions.

But the thing is, you’re not required to do so by default. Many aspects/activites of this game allows for the most dedicated players to spend A LOT of time doing those activities. That is the very basic nature of MMOs. But that doesn’t mean that the activities themselves are particularly suited/designed for “hardcore” players.

Most of the activities in this game, both past ones, and more recently added ones, are designed for you to choose for yourself as to how much time you want to spend doing them. Which in this case, is the very definition of a system which caters to casual gameplay. When talking MMO’s that is.

If you look to older MMO’s, you will notice that many aspects of those, are required. Many core systems in those MMO’s are flat out designed to be “grindfests”. No matter what level you would want to play on, personally.

For WoW, in the old days, we had quite extensive attunement-chains which you needed to complete in order to be allowed entrance to raids, or in some cases, even dungeons. Those restrictions, have all but been taken away since then.
Ergo, a case where changes have been implemented to cater towards casual gameplay.

I already made the distinction between “hardcore” and “difficult” tho.

For example some of the mage towers in legion were difficult but the content itself was not particularly hardcore I believe blood death knights had a particularly horrific time in there.

Look I wanna chime in.

I think everyone would like their rotations to be slightly more complex, just not old school feral complex. Everyone wants to feel like they are mastering something, whether that be a newbie or a vet. Once you have mastered something it’s common that you will just find a faster way to do it, because you know you CAN do it, but can’t be bothered. Hence macros.

However, I feel blizz took the wrong direction as a whole, they made classes too simplistic, and put more effort into external abilites and effects rather than class abilities. All of this so it would be easier for them to balance and less fun for us to play. There is a HUGE problem with wow’s gameplay, though I know that may be subjective, I believe the game was a far better game during cata and MoP, mainly due to how classes were designed.

Hardcore players I’m sure would prefer things to be more difficult, mainly because they are the players to master those difficulties well, so they can flaunt it in to us lesser players faces. It’s all good, and how it should be.

Yea its all about arena rofl
wait

HAHAHAHAHAHA

Is this supposed to mean something

Could it be that you dont know how to play SV or is it something else?

1 Like

I’m sorry, but your statements is as bold as everyone in the world wants skyskrapers and polution.

Mate, just see yourself to another dimension or something.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.