Imagine if an MMO had a Game Master. Mindblowing

If only Bobby hadn’t “optimized” those 800 game masters completely to 0 right before Classic was released to get juicy billion dollar bonuses for himself.

I’m not even going to mention what Classic turned into, I’m only talking about what’s happening now.

A single wave of bans for bots every 4 months right before the investor earnings call to report “new players”. Otherwise bots are rampaging 24/7. 30-60% of all hardcore hunters are Chinese bots depending on the time of day. Scarlet Monastery has been farmed by the same 8 Chinese bots since S-P-R-I-N-G. There are 15 of them now as of today, used to be 12 last week.
Don’t even think about calling support, they will tell you to piss off and send some email to hacks@blizzard, which will be immediately sent to the spam folder and ignored.
It’s been weeks since one particular guy kited mobs from STV to Elwynn to Wesfall, killing hundreds of players. Imagine having a real GM who could fix that in a minute, instead of griefed people leaving the game forever.
Right now, 17 out of 27 level 60 hunters are chinese bots. You can’t even report them via the useless report function because bl*zzard removed the option to report bots via /who - “Just hunker down at Plaguelands flying point with 50 people for 5 hours and report bots manually, loser, it’s not our problem.”.

Muh “its not possible to fight bots”, of course its not if you do nothing and have zero in-game control, because its cheaper.

4 Likes

If there was gm 80% of classic population would be banned…

I hate the bots. The kiting of mobs does not bother me in the slightest, as it reminds me of the good old days, back in 2005 when people would kite dragon world bosses and Doom Lord Kazzak into Stormwind, which I found really exciting at the time.

I was a total noob back then and didn’t understand that these city attacks were the result of ‘griefers’ I imagined that they were some kind of official event that was intended by the game developers to make things seem more dynamic and exciting, and had great fun running around trying to avoid the shadow bolt spam or dragon fire on my lowbie character - to no avail. But it really made this new game called World of Warcraft seem incredible.

The kiting is the problem, because I am talking about HC. Dozens of people 12-16 level killed in safe zone every single day. This is 6-8 hours invested on average, more for casual players. For some people its week worth of play time. But becaose of 4 layers its not even possible to kill the 45 level elite or report the guy.

2 Likes

OK wasn’t aware you were talking about HC.

Can see how this would be a problem.

All versions of wow suffer from bots and rmt. They even made fake polulation site registered in rusia to boost population of rmt realms…
Sadly nobody cares…

Sadly, there’s only one lasting solution to the problem: Permanently ban the gold buyers.

No buyers, no bots.

Not going to happen though. For the obvious reasons.

Sadly, there’s only one lasting solution to the problem: Private Servers.

This never worked in other games.
Tho banning bots and rmt worked.

1 Like