Imagine my shock when horde is now 56% @120

It is nothing new, it started with Burning Crusade expansion, still persists and I don’t think they will give up on their Horde bias unless %20 of Alliance players quit the game. Alliance numbers are diminishing slowly every passing month so they are unable to realize this because of slow diminishing, it needs to be in a shocking way.

Nothing new yea. They can’t merge factions btw, faction rivalry is one of the arteries of this game.

1 Like

Just looking at WoWProgress is shocking enough. Or how fast the Horde Hall of Fame filled because of the shere number of horde guilds compared to the Alliance one which only filled Wednsday morning at 6-7AM.

It hasnt been since WotLK past Ulduar. Also sub factions. The horde playerbase is already split up by Sylvanas and Saurfang loyalists. Or take all the players that simply refused to reject N’Zoths gift.

1 Like

Junker Gnomes are the Velf equivalent of Mechagnomes from WotLK, which were one of the races often requested in the “Subrace” threads that ultimately lead to Allied Races.

There was rightfully always going to be a Gnome Allied Race, but it should’ve been the one people had asked for, not yet another one-patch wonder pulled from thin air.

2 Likes

I think you’re thinking of faction pride. Faction pride and faction rivalry are different things. Faction pride lost its meaning after everyone and their mothers have alts on both factions, and as you say some horde are split between loyalists and Saurfang. But the faction rivalry between Alliance and Horde are still there.

1 Like

you’re insane if you think more than 5% of guilds in the entire game would bother race changing because of a racial it’s a lot of money for something that isn’t really needed unless you’re actually going for world first race (which many people aren’t - most are happy just getting top 100 because it takes too much dedication for 1st place) horde bias is a meme the reason more people play horde is because they’re just cooler (also because blood elves are the most superior race in the game and that’s why you all hate on horde now because yo uwant them too and not the scuffed version you got instead) alliance are (not only lorewise, but also the players) a bunch of whiny babies tbh

You think Forums will stop after that? they will 100% continue whining about it no matter what(until game shuts down they will complain and whine the forum)

Both factions have been working together since Wotlk. Hand in hand. There was some tension because of the Wrathgate and Varian throwing a tantrum. Which was quickly put aside because of Yogg-Saron. And this scheme continued on and on (even during cataclysm under Garrosh because Deathwing was more important. Some random skirmishes dont count. This includes Ashenvale. Actually even tho ashenvale happened they still worked together). Both factions always working together for the greater good and then go “meh, i still dont like you”. It got tiresome.

Alas faction rivalry has now offically died anyway given the fight against Azshara and N’Zoth. The Horde now even no longer has a Warchief. And wont have any as the Warchief has been effectively replaced by a Council according to PTR.

Which would allow WPvP from continueing to happen. Even with merged factions.

Not in the lore.

I am a simple person, I see truth - I like :hugs:

I would have said wotlk Mechagnomes, had the Horde Goblin slot(which is basically the Horde Equivalent for Gnome slot) not been an entirely new race. But I agree even wotlk Mechagnomes would’ve been an improvement.

I actually have faith, our brand new Trashgnomes will attract attention of millions of players and they all will be a member of Alliance, faction imbalance solved. :smirk:

Both factions were working together yes, but after the Wrathgate that pretty much ended. The Horde and Alliance were at war from that point on. And it wasn’t put aside because of Yogg-Saron, Varian pretty much dueled with Garrosh, after being suggested by Rhonin that they should ally to fight Yogg-Saron. Also the Horde forces also attacked the Alliance forces at one of the gates in Icecrown.
There was a high tension at the argent tournament, and the entire gunship fight scenario too.

There was actually still War between both factions in the Cataclysm, we started Cata in a war. The majority of Cata had both factions in war with one another. Especially in the new levelling zones, there wasn’t random skirmishes. Alliance lost lands to the Horde at Cata.The only time we allied was in the dragon soul patch but Garrosh ended that pretty quickly afterwards. We started MoP in a war too.

I’d say the only time both factions truly worked together were the start of Wotlk and the majority of WoD.

Do you really think the rivalry died with Tyrande, the Night elves, Genn and the Worgen being in the picture? Especially Tyrande according to PTR.

It’s still there in the lore. And it’s still there outside of it.

Be glad that they didn’t give you leper gnomes.

1 Like

They were not. The war started with the ending of Legion. Hence this BFA war being actually called “the fourth war”. The third war was during WCIII.

Skirmishes.

Only between Garrosh and Varian. Varian became more calm in the future, while garrosh was always a big bufoon outside of stone talon.

Supporting my statement of “this scheme went on and on”.

Which was also an attempted genocide by garrosh. Considering he and his orcish horde declared war to the entire world (including trolls, taurens, other orcs and so on) he does not represent the horde. Varian even spared the Horde after SoO. And lorewise it was the alliance that sacked Orgrimmar and was at that moment capable of killing off the horde for good just like after WCII. He chose not to.

Legion.

Genn is loyal to Anduin. He wont do anything. He will say he doesnt like it and watch you but he will accept Anduins decission. Tyrande has been a major dip.hit since WCIII and her judgement making has always been awful. She was a cretin during WCIII and she is one now. She should have been killed off ages ago and Malfurion being made the defacto ruler of the Nelfs without being under the hoof of this sheman.

It died in the lore with the ending of N’Zoth. And the player rivalry would still exist with sub factions. But this time without screwing over the gameplay faction balance.

After 6.1 patch, even a light-hearted selfie quest makes me vomit…

Umm what was the thing we had in Cata and MoP thing? A political dispute? They were in a War. it pretty much says so in the Lore. The war re-ignited after the Wrathgate and carried on until Siege of Orgrimmar where it truly ended. There was an entire book about the War even. It was a war but it was not called the Fourth War though. Just had a different name to it.

I’ll give you that one altercation. Can you say the same about the Cata leveling zones changes though? Are they skirmishes too?

He became calmer. But that doesn’t change the factions were still at war. In the same book that he became calmer he fought the Horde and Garrosh again in Ashenvale.

Working together for a very small period doesn’t change that they weren’t in a war. We worked together in Nazjatar and we were still in a war then.

True but MoP had begun with the entire Horde vs the Alliance in war. It ended with Garrosh and his Orcish Horde though. It wasn’t until the later patches in MoP that Garrosh started to show his true colors to his faction. Which is why I said that WoD was one of the only times that the Alliance and Horde were truly peaceful towards one another.

Very, very beginning of Legion. But that ended pretty quickly after Sylvanas ordered the retreat which led to Varian’s death, and the entire Alliance thinking the Horde betrayed them.

I like Genn, he’s probably my favorite faction leader. But I don’t think Anduin can hold him. I mean he attacked Sylvanas (Even though he was beyond justified) while disregarding Anduin’s orders to only follow her. And his people became homeless twice because of the Horde.

While I hate Tyrande and I agree with what you said about her. I still think her and the Night elves have the most justified reason to not go into peace with the Horde. I mean it wasn’t Sylvanas that burned Teldrassil. It was the entire Horde that was present there (Minus Saurfang who was the only person who objected to burning Teldrassil). Sylvanas ordered the burning, but the Horde followed her orders. You can’t simple excuse them by saying “they were just following orders”.

Again the faction rivalry has never died. It has been persistent since forever. BfA has not only re-ignited it further. But because of it I will say that they might do an option thing like Saurfang vs Sylvanas loyalist. Where you can either side with Anduin to have peace and end the faction rivalry. or side with Tyrande to have vengeance and carry the flames on.

while i do think the horde is the more favored faction by both the developers and players, its not as extreme as people make it out to be.

there have been cases in wich the horde clearly got favored and the alliance ditched in the past ( the catacysm revamps for example). Got to agree on the allied races tho. Vulpera were much demanded while nobody asked for handicapped gnomes who cant even use tmogs on some slots. Overall the horde got the way better allied races and probably a more interesting story as well

But bfa is the kind of expansion in wich ou got to play both sides to appreciate everything, unlike legion in wich both factions pretty much got the exact same boring thing, you cant avoid a faction being favored more when both factions need to have a unique story line

This is exactly why we can’t have nice things. Almost every year Alliance-players get belittled and it’s not nice to experience this, even when I play both factions in a fair 50:50 ratio. In truth, it’s disgusting.

1 Like

Both sides cry all the time about everything.

2 Likes

https://www.reddit.com/r/wow/comments/lrxbz/mike_morhaime_apologizes_takes_full/

Before you ask, here is a link to the censored video from the BlizzCon 2011:

3 Likes

How am I biased?

I even demonstrated how both sides get bland allied races and nice ones. That the Velves are the most popular Allied race.

I’m not the one screaming bias at Blizz every five minutes because there isn’t any.

That’s how unbiased I am.

1 Like