Implement a dislike button on the forums

Probably so that he can create a character on their realm, & spam them that their opinion is stupid.

I think you are being somewhat obtuse with that question.

Do I really need to explain what a like is for?

1 Like

To increase one’s internet self-esteem?

The reason for the original removal of the dislike button still stands. It was abused to bury posts. The flag option was introduced to be able flag troll or abusive posts. Flags are moderated.

Adding the button back would not work.

Most discussion forums only us a like button. It makes people who dislike or disagree with a post have to explain why they dislike/disagree.

1 Like

:joy: :rofl:

OK seems I do

Express agreement, support, and highlight interesting posts with the prominent :heart: button on every post.

Some people care about likes, others don’t. I don’t think they do any harm.

Also as others have pointed out…

Likes help you keep your forum clear of redundant posts: On forums without a “Like” button, when someone posts something that other users agree with, you end up seeing a lot of very short replies. For example:

Game Company OP: Every player gets 100 free loot boxes for Christmas!
Reply 1: Awesome!
Reply 2: Hell yeah
Reply 3: So cool
Reply 4: Thanks

Reply 100000: OMG this is amazing

If you really want to get into why downvotes aren’t used by various social media or forums etc:-

You said you’d explain it. i dont need a copy-paste for someone else.

1 Like

I think it’s because of mob mentality and generally grumpy people who only spam dislikes.

The forum likes can be manipulated, but atleast in a positive way, the last thing these forums need is another thing that spreads negativity.

Everyone is allowed to have their opinion, but when someone has opinion X, and 9 others support him, while 50 others have opinions y and they disliked each other, it would show that opinion X is hated by 40 people, while opinion Y is liked by 40 people, which is not only inaccurate but also discouraging.

If you disagree with something you can post a reply to it, and the numbers of likes you get shows how many supporters you have, my only wish is they fix being able to like yourself from alts but other than that I think this is a much better, accurate and healthier option than simply disliking what you don’t agree on often suppressing the poster.

Edit : also if some post got 500 likes, and 480 dislikes, that only shows 20 people took part, while in reality it’s nearly a thousand people, it’s better to have 2 posts one with 500 likes and another with 480 likes, plus maybe some people like both opinions, since opinions don’t always conflict each other, one post could get 800 while other one gets 600, from a group of 980 people.

1 Like

If people disagree on a subject then how about write that down using words? Construct a reply that details why they disagree?

1 Like

That is what likes are, if you don’t like the explanation or you think that you need likes to feel better about yourself then I can’t help you.

That explanation is why likes exist and what they are.

1 Like

Sadly there is they still have fixed the mass report by alts i could log over to 28 chars now and flag your post and nothing u can do about it which imho sucks and i have been on the end of it 4 times now :frowning:

3 Likes

Not to mention that due to the way the WoW forums like we essentially have up to 50 character per account, that can all come on here and like or dislike a post. We already see times when people have done that. Or mass report. It would just be pointless.

2 Likes

Then I’m glad no one hated me that much to get me banned and prevented me to reach trust level 3 :blush:

Sadly i speak my mind and not always in the best and polite way although a few friends here try to help me improve .I am sad i will never get rank 3 but such is life .

1 Like

Back in the old forums I received a good few dislikes. I was fine with that.

Some threads are blatant trolling and Blizzard dont do anything. i would rather not post in the thread to give them the attention they crave so I’d just hit dislike.

Very few posts were disliked enough to bury them.

Why did Blizzard remove dislike: because it in the social media age people can’t handle reality.

Watch the South park episode Safe Space. It’s so apt. [poor butters]

That was never an issue on the old forums when it was removed. I’d love to dislike this post!

1 Like

ive run out of hearts for the day again so take :heart: please :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Just because you feel a certain way about something, doesn’t mean everyone feels the same.

The downvote button was never intended to be a dislike on the old forum. It was to highlight problem post to moderators and bury topics. In the same way we can flag posts on discourse.

However we all used it to disagree with posters, so they removed it.

Ha ha. Nonsense from Blizzard.

A downvote was not for disliking something.

Is a upvote button not for liking stuff?

So mob likes is OK. A joke.

In that case remove likes too. If you like something then you can make a supportive post.