[ Important? ] Building a better AD

That’s never really going to happen - different companies, etc so it’s not really Blizzard’s problem

However Discord ToS and WoW ToS is basically the same thing so you can just report that stuff to discord instead for the intended result

If we can just transfer that energy in-game then we’d be cooking

1 Like

That would be wonderful, yeah!

Even so, I’d reckon that most people legitimately dipping their toes into WoW RP do so as tourists, watching RP and reading people’s profiles - so maybe having TRP receive, but not transmit on a trial account (e.g. you can view profiles, but not set up your own) would be a pretty good solution.
I really doubt anyone ever fruitfully RP’d on a limited, whispers-only trial account, apart from, you know, that very thing.

4 Likes

Please don’t post stuff like that in this thread because naming guilds is against the rules and can get the thread clapped

Keep it to suggestions / discussion re. the stuff mentioned in OP or post in generic terms

Yeah my thoughts exactly - ATM TRP is used to bypass the filters put in place by Blizzard on trial accounts so I’m not sure why it’s even allowed. You’d think that typically addons that subvert stuff Blizzard’s put in wouldn’t be allowed

3 Likes

If I remember right, they put the speaking limitations onto trial accounts because of gold seller/booster spam. Since the boost advertisers wouldn’t sit somewhere with a TRP to advertise epicgamerboost.com, I guess Blizzard sees no reason to do anything about this.

I view it in a way like I would twitch, I don’t think it will happen but I wish it would. Both are often used to circumvent Blizzards official rules by not posting such things directly in game but I think with anything you do there that’s related to the game like say specifically targeting people, or spreading misinformation, indirect harassment/sending others after someone by posting something there that you wouldn’t post on the forums or in game.

However I do understand it’s an unreasonable ask for Discord, and pretty much anywhere else it would be circumvented but for twitch there’s a bit of hope given FFXIV has done it from a stream. But not much hope, given how much action we see from reports in game atm.

I tried for a time (about a month ago) to play on trial account (when my sub ran out) and it was hard. Mainly because your /say or /emote are not seen by people higher level than you and i think for that reason your TRP profile should not pass as well (i think this is the channel it transmits on, this or the /1 channel). I wasn’t intending to ERP, i was just angry at the game and it’s grinding aspect and felt this allowed me to focus on actual RP instead of the next shiny thing.

Clearly it didn’t last, but for established communities in game i think it can work (groups of friends or a guild).

So I would suggest to not limit TRP for limited accounts in case we ever decide to switch focus there, even though i understand the misuse it creates.

Hello, gamers.

As we know, the Trade District is filled with OOCers, many of whom have never had any contact with any sort of RP. The only thing they know of are the f*ta Draenei which many popular YouTubers seem to talk about.

Perhaps we should host a market in the Trade District, to show them what RP is really about, and perhaps make the Trade District habitable by RPers. Time and date are TBA.

In Stormwind there are plenty of merchant guilds, perhaps this is their chance to shine? Is anyone interested in open stalls, helping with organization, then all you need to do is tell! Wares of all kinds are welcome. Everything from simple everyday items to extravagant silks.

32 Likes

Noble goal, if you can deal with people purpsefully messing about.

1 Like

That’s already in the works if you where to scroll up. Pretty sure there’s plans for similar in Ogrimmars version of trade.

Posted by who? Because I posted the interest check on behalf of the PCU. So their event = my event.

I think it was only vaguely suggested, but not actioned.

1 Like

Yeah, therefore what Teliabell didn’t get (and I didn’t outright say), was that I was tasked by Perroy to make a formal interest check on the matter. :sunglasses:

Also: scroll above to see the interest check, gamers. Don’t allow this to take your attention elsewhere!

3 Likes

I’d gladly bring some Alliance alts to be involved on the night.
Let’s establish more of an RPer presence across the capitals.

2 Likes

Soo what? You want GM to install RP addon that is not Blizzard property to start banning people using it for ERP purposes?

Do you know how silly it sounds? :joy:

It’s not silly at all. Addon text or not, its harmful for people of a younger age.
This debate has been held a thousand times before, so if you’re still ignorant about malicious behaviour :point_right: :flight_departure: :policeman:

Blizzard cant do anything. Its not their property - its not their concern. Its not even unlikely that they will do that~ its impossible.

They can ban usage of entire addon but not players that are using it for other purposes that creator intended. Its impossible because its not Blizzard property.

They can change the API so that things about trial can be added.
Also, they can ban people who misuse addons.

They cant. Its against law and common sense. They cant ban someone for misuse of addon that is not their property.

They can ban usage of addon as a whole

It’s Blizzards game, they can ban people as they see fit.
If an addon (or what is written in one) is in breach of CoC or ToS, they can ban people.

1 Like