[ Important? ] Building a better AD

You have agreed to the ToS and CoC so
“Blizzard reserves the right to terminate this Agreement at any time for any reason, or for no reason, with or without notice to you. For purposes of explanation and not limitation, most Account suspensions and terminations are the result of violations of this Agreement. In case of minor violations of these rules, Blizzard may provide you with a prior warning and/or suspend your use of the Account due to your non-compliance prior to terminating the Agreement or modifying or deleting an Account.”

2 Likes

But the off-realm altposter said that he was right in a “nou” fashion and that he would purposly break the ToS to show us pesky rpers, surely he can’t be wrong?

Anyway! Market in SW Trade District.
It could line up well with the summer festival? That’s always an idea.
It’d work well in Org too.
Nelves and tauren do love a good season change.

3 Likes

I like this idea as a whole. Normally it’s mostly on Hallow’s End that gets any major love for RP festivals/server events out of the diffrent holidays.

So a community effort to give all of them, summer included, more attention could be both fun and help!

Would you like to quote the law in your country for that specific reason? Since you can bring it up, you can surely quote it, yes? Legit question since Bethesda couldn’t pull their scam in Australia since it was against several consumer laws there.

As a blood elf…?

Short thing I want to tell on this: if anyone tries to disrupt the roleplay there, the best course of action is to report them for language or so. I doubt you will be just 5 people or so. Since it’s automatic and all, you know what happens next to them.

Otherwise that’s a pretty good idea and I have started myself too to roleplay in spots that were overtaken by the OOC crowd such as Trade District and Valley of Strenght.

If it will work well in with the days and me being able to be online i’d love to have an elf refuge type of sale. It will be miserable and sad (not kidding, i’ll try to convey how miserable it is to be “without a home” in a “different city”, as far as i can) but i can understand if it is too much.
Maybe having something similar on the horde side with undead refugess can work too, losing the last place you could be yourself and feel safe.

I am just throwing suggestions here.
I can also sell panda food and finally have use for the number of carts i made just for that reason !

Not gonna happen pal because you are not from this neighbourhood. Ha ha you fool !
I am sorry, couldn’t help myself…

Woah. Strong.

Ignore the troll if you can, I wouldn’t put it past them to try and get the thread closed by purposely derailing it.

12 Likes

I was also wondering, are there any RP initiatives (other than the loyalists of the PCU), that promote RP outside of Orgrimmar?

Edit: If not, perhaps there should also be some sort of coordinated attempt to re-populate the world.

Thunder Bluff, Mulgore need love!
But, as far as I’m aware, initative to populate much of the world. (Bar that group in Wetlands)

This has been a long running thing on Moon Guard. I am sure it could work on this realm as well.

1 Like

Since you have brain of a gold fish, let me put it simply for you:

Any addon falls under the rules.

Anything that breaks the rules = Suspension or Ban

Fairly simple

I’m aware that anecdotal evidence is usually a waste of time, but I support almost everything detailed here. For those who do not think that these sorts of things are issues; I’m currently watching two roleplayers be harassed with toys and mounts for over fifty minutes and counting by a level fifty-four with no roleplay addon and clearly no intention of ever roleplaying on the server.

6 Likes

People who don’t think this happens on literally an hourly basis either don’t RP very much or RP in very very isolated bubbles

If you want a vision of Stormwind’s future, imagine a mammoth standing on a human roleplayer - forever

19 Likes

Precisely. This person has finally ceased after a total of 1 hour and 6 minutes (Yes, I timed it) and what did he decide to do? Someone else walked by, he put them on follow, and is now following them whilst using the football toy.

The most incredible part about this is that right click reporting him doesn’t work. I try to report, I type in my reasoning, and the send report button won’t take me any further. Wonderful.

5 Likes

I’m guessing video evidence is not worth sending to Blizz?

That’s really awful. Imagine getting harassed in your spare time for wanting to have fun. I hope you have reported them?

It always is. Go for it.

Saw the suggestion to make trial characters/accounts not able to use TRP or at the very least that they are unable to make a profile but can read others TRP profiles. A good suggestion that should be backed up i think.

But is it something that is in blizzards controll? Or is it the addon maker you will have to contact for that to happen.

Addon maker and they don’t want to do it because they feel the cons to doing it outweighs the pros (I disagree personally)

1 Like

The Bilgewater Battalion are working very hard with Bilgewater Harbour Hours/other events in the Harbour to try and bring the town to life and make it a little hub of its own. In relation to creating hubs, the greatest challenge for Horde is that guilds need to base themselves in these hubs for them to take off properly and they need to be different kinds of guilds so that the hub remains active whilst one or two guilds are off on campaign.

On Horde this problem is exacerbated by a recent trend for roaming hubs where clusters of guilds roam Azeroth and turn places into little hubs temporarily before moving on. Due to this style of RP being prevalent on Horde side, it’s proven extremely hard to properly set up a hub as these roaming initiatives offer people, usually those who are already established in the community to know of them, a chance to sample everything but never settle down and create an actual RP hub that is accessible.

4 Likes