[ Important? ] Building a better AD

Why would you ever in your life log into this game because of your sexual needs honestly beyond me like just work out your life man fix it

9 Likes

Which is exactly why it´s wrong to do it in 12+ video game (among other things).

This is a very specific example you just mentioned, making me think you are coming from your personal experience and projecting that experience on the entire community.
Fact is, 99,9% of ERP doesn´t happen between people who are in relationship IRL.

4 Likes

Kissing your boyfriend in a public space is not a crime, should not be a crime, why then do you want to make it a crime in wow?

The intention of the thread is outlined in the OP and doesn’t even detail what you’re complaining about. What this thread is about is in part public ERP - which I hope everyone can agree with. You are the one bringing up the tertiary topic of private cyber

I think if you want to discuss that specifically at length, you could make another thread about it

6 Likes

repeating the above.

echoing this too

2 Likes

If ERP was only doing /e kisses you for a goodbye. nobody would care I think idk man it has nothing to do with what you posted

8 Likes

Hey, before you post some more, I suggest reading some of the replies and conversations in this thread, mostly because a lot of what you’re trying to say here is just a rehash of things being said earlier.

1 Like

I’m sure Vanrii can make another OP discussing in a more comprehensive way what their main point is.

That or continue a back and forth on a sub-point next to the bigger picture coming from this thread.

Repeated points found below.

I thought this thread is about building a better AD?

Some people preaching against harassment, have also taken part in extreme harassment of people that do mild flirting in character, calling them groomers etc.

I think it is really relevant, I, along with anyone else would agree that you shouldn’t be using wow as a place to find a hookup. That is creepy.

But at the same time, the obsession with policing consenting adults doing stuff that isn’t graphic is just straight abusive.

yeah because that’s what you’re encouraging when you try to crazily defend ERP happening in a kids game, how do you not see this lol

you should read the opening post instead of just skimming it. Make your own thread to defend ERP please.

1 Like

I did read the OP’s full post. I thought it was missing context, which I felt comfortable adding.

Just use Second Life WoW is such a bad choice for this on so many levels from morals to game mechanics

5 Likes

Thank you Vanrii for giving your thoughts to others in this thread.

I wish now that you rest and take sometime absorbing the thoughts of other posters to yourself through reading the replies.

2 Likes

Care to provide any examples of what constitutes as “mild flirting” in your book?

I don’t play a video game to find romantic interests, I do sometimes play a video game with my romantic interest, and I don’t appreciate being told that me being flirty with my significant other is bad for social cohesion, or get told i’m grooming.

You cannot talk about making this a “better AD” without addressing the abusive way a lot of people act around others.

romance RP is generally cringe but not a ToS breach. wanting to ERP loads to get off however is in fact a ToS breach. idk what part of this is complex, can you point it out so we can help you.

7 Likes

I can’t imagine to flirt with my girlfriend (yeah I’m epic like you) in this game lol that is a take sooo far out there

3 Likes

Calling each other cute names, suggestive puns (non-explicit), kissing, hugs, cuddling that sort of thing.

Who have dumb ideas and views***

I don’t think it’s complex at all. I think you shouldn’t harass people that ain’t breaking TOU, and ain’t doing anything dodgy, just because you don’t public displays of affection.