[ Important? ] Building a better AD

It makes zero sense for tauren to be in Orgrimmar?
Why is that?

We used to camp in VoW but have moved for IC reasons. Will go back eventually.

Why would a bunch of non-militaristic tauren spend most of their time in the valley of Strength, and not in Thunder Bluff, Thunder Totem or other tauren outposts?

Even when we do come to Orgrimmar due to IC reasons, the VoW makes a lot more sense than the VoS.

PCU often does RP events focused on fighting, either NPCs or among guilds themselves. And some guilds are located on another continent (such as Dirge) or are even hostile to main factions (Rotgarde, Grim Gest, Swords of Orman).

Overall, doing frequent RP in Trade District that would attract other roleplayers into the zone should be done by people who enjoy stuff like trade RP. That can obviously include people from PCU, after all, we did market event recently, but the guilds themselves have certain themes and styles of events they focus on and switching focus to doing frequent RP in Trade District could be harmful for their RP.

Fair enough. Then I don’t know what to tell you. Are there any trading guilds in Stormwind? Could they be given the incentive to move to the Trade District?

you take a very different tone in discords LOL

but yeah we do provide an initiative already, a big and high quality community that’s very willing to help new people get into it.

1 Like

My personal feeling towards few of you aside, I can’t deny that you guys are a strong and well-organized community that provides good-quality RP. And I do agree with the wish to make AD a better place, so there’s that as well.

5 Likes

I think this is a change that has to come from within these guilds. When it comes to practical stuff, there are places where you could do it. Trade District is one of those places that´s partially unusable due to game mechanics (main AH, bank and also holiday event quest NPCs being there). But other than that, there are multiple houses on the road from gates to square area next to AH and even some houses in the back. These could be taken by trading guilds and if we discount the one where people can create guild, there are 5 of them available for use + area between them, which is quite a lot.

In terms of motivation, you could create hub focused on trade RP instead of using one that´s filled with people recruiting and maybe you would get attention of some people who haven´t interacted with RPers that much and get them to try it.

1 Like

In a sense we’re already doing something like that by centreing a lot of our Alliance RP around the dwarven district ie. also a zone that suffers from a lot of griefing because of the AH / bank etc but ultimately it’s not really fair to put this on the shoulders of one community and expect one single group of people to consistently sacrifice fun for janitor work more than they already do

On Horde we’ve done some market stuff around VoS / do patrols through the area with HoC and are generally trying to spread out from just using VoH when it makes sense but again same thing really

Why would a group of night elves / draenei / whatever set up shop in the trade district

IDK, why would [one of the core horde races] enter [main horde city] isn’t a massive question for me. Isn’t Baine basically the de-facto leader of Orgrimmar these days

4 Likes

They wouldn’t. But humans/worgen/Dwarves could.

Baine isn’t de facto leader of Orgrimmar, no.

And you haven’t answered my question. Why would a bunch of non-militaristic tauren hang out in the VALLEY OF STRENGTH? As I said, even when we do have a reason to visit Orgrimar IC, Valley of Wisdom makes a lot more sense for us, since it’s the tauren district.

And why would we spend a lot of time in Orgrimmar, when there are far better and more thematic places for us, like Thunder Bluff, Thunder Totem, Camp Mojashe, Ghost Walker post, etc?

I won’t make my character be in a place which makes no sense for him to be in without a very good reason. I’ve made that mistake with Uruk once, and I’ve no intention of making it again.

He kinda is. He’s shown in the vulpera unlock questline as the councilmember that’s doing all the actual duties that formerly belonged to the Warchief, unlike the others who are all seen either doing nothing or running their own side things in personal interest.

Does the new novel state anything on this? Because while I do remember with Baine being there during the vulpera scenario, it just makes no sense for him as one of the council members to be away from his own people and his own capital. Thrall can take care of Orgrimmar and the orcs, even without being the warchief.

Regardless, Baine being in Ogrimmar as part of his duty doesn’t mean that the other tauren should also be there, especially in the Valley of Strength.

Even more similliarities to the Alliance being the US unironically. Swooping into a nation in civil war/rebellion in order to place a new pro-Alliance leader in leadership so they can go about their buisness without opposistion.

2 Likes

it… does? Do they need him in thunderbluff to specify totem carvings and tent placement or something
council members SHOULD be in the city that’s at the heart of the Horde they’re running, i.e Orgrimmar.

you’re allowed to say you don’t want to RP in the middle of a ton of OOCels, I don’t either.

That’s not what I said. I just don’t want to RP in a place which makes no sense for my character to be in.

Besides, promoting RP in Thunder Bluff/Thunder Totem and the other tauren outposts is also a good goal, which also makes sense for our characters.

In any cases I look forward to

to set up open events with advertisements on the forums and whatnot, inviting people to do more RP in Thunder Bluff and the zones more fitting for the

… beyond the once a year moot cutscene.

1 Like

I’m sure there will be that as well. Problem is that none of the tauren guilds are currently situated in Thunder Bluff, but a monthly event or a festival there would certainly be feasible to do.

It´s place where many orcs live, there´s auction house, bank, seat of ruling council, merchants, inn…I think there are plenty of reasons for tauren (even non-militaristic one) to enter what is the main part of Horde´s capital city.

Yes, once in a blue moon. That definitely won’t help promote the RP there though.

By the way, all of that is also available in the Valley of Wisdom as well, so again, why go to the VoS?

Yet you want bunch of militaristic dwarves, guards, mercenaries and perhaps murder midgets (why do people forget to mention gnomes, they are awesome!) to open a shop in Trade District.

That was my mistake and I apologize for it. I’m not too familiar with the new PCU guilds, so I thought that it’d make sense for some of them to occupy the Trade District.