[ Important? ] Building a better AD

I can absolutely blame you for wildly swinging based on hearsay actually

Its ok tho i forgive you

Yeah its kind of insane how blizz has gone from hands on moderation to virtually no moderation if it takes more than 15 seconds of their time. Feels like desk monkeys trying to reach quotas and go home instead of people who care.

Then again who can blame them considering blizzard has decided that paying their employees is cringe

11 Likes

You should probably educate yourself on both sides if you want to make a centrist take, rather than just one. Makes it come off as you being anti-PCU even if you claim not to be.

4 Likes

I guess I just haven’t had the time to get involved in RP events enough to witness the actual griefing.

I don’t know how it is ingame, but atleast on forum moderation, it’s the EU playerbase that’s gotten the short end of the stick. The US forums have a much more functioning and active moderation that deals with topics usually the same day, and has a rotating crew for weekends and holidays so it’s always manned.

Where as here, especially on AD, we’ve had extremly inappropriate topics and posts that violated multiple rules, stay up for up to a month. It varies so heavily that it is basically random.

Yeah i think that 1 thread that name+shames a guard guild is still up crazily even

1 Like

Yep, and we’ve had other situations like this.

Where as in other cases, some posts and people are suspended within 2 minutes of posting. It’s very…erratic.

The PCU alone can make up twice that on a slow day and I’m sure there are other RPers out there

You care enough to post at length about it to be fair

Have you considered that people may give biased recollections about people they don’t like and you should maybe not take that as the Lord’s gospel in forming your opinions

It’s not a good measure and I’d like to be on good terms with everyone (within reason) - my point is when people say “[guy who hates you] has left the area because of you” and I always feel like … OK ? based, I don’t mind that very much at all

Of course - it’s insincere to post on and on about improving the community without doing at least that. It’s something everyone should practise if they have the capacity

I think you’re misreading intent there. I think you would struggle to find any examples of random benign new players being suspended for running past people - for me it’s fairly obvious that when people said “yeah, report even for 10 seconds” they speak in terms of 10 seconds of intentional malice not 10 seconds of someone silently existing 25 yards away from them

As is the OP

I don’t think a crusade ( kind of flowery language to be honest ) against public ERP / griefing is particularly tyrannical but if you think it is I guess that’s the kind of tyrant I think everyone should instantly become

Not even the full extent of it - it carried on for days on end for hours at a time with pretty much no recourse beyond I think a 3 hour suspension

I feel like that argument can be applied to the current ignore system too - ie. you’re not meant to PM people who’ve ignored you and so on. The only difference is a character model + the potential for griefing

I think it’s a great compromise that puts power in the hands of the players without allowing for any specific targeted abuse ala. automated mass reports (which can both be abused and barely work when they should work)

I think if you played more actively and saw the extent of this stuff you would be posting less about tyranny and crusades and more about “why is Blizzard not policing very very overt griefing on the last active EU RP server?”

Yeah you’ll get that, there is in fact a dude who relogs each of his ten alts to send people PMs about how the PCU are supremely evil etc and many people who are super invested in weird online feuds

I think if you interacted with some of our member guilds you would have a much gentler opinion because we are in fact just a group of RP guilds / players who want to do what the server is ostensibly for without disruption

It’s OK though I’m not super steamed about the jab you seem like an OK guy but I do think you’re coming into this topic without having taken the time to see how frequent the problems I mention in the OP are + how hard it is to get Blizzard to react

Also you should post on your main because contrary to popular opinion you won’t get ganked in the Runescape Wildy for posting your thoughts or w/e - people will obviously reply in a less friendly manner if they see the mysterious classic alt opening with what is arguably a pretty hostile post

9 Likes

How about a private phase/shard that can be created (similar to warmode) so that you can invite players from your community into that phase/shard, anywhere in the world, but to prevent abuse, it could contain no rare mobs/bosses, nodes, etc.

If someone griefs, they can be kicked out of the private phase (If they somehow got the passcode to enter)

And fair enough, I get you now.

2 Likes

This would completly kill public & more random roleplay though, which many people enjoy.

6 Likes

This would kill RP through bubbling

6 Likes

Posting on WoW classic characters is the equivelent of having anime profile pictures on social media.

Change my mind.

5 Likes

No. It’s worse.

2 Likes

grips fists

1 Like

Nods at Kotal’s firm grip

1 Like

We get it, you watch anime

4 Likes

The fact they also have to deal with cheaters/botters and hackers…

Some griefers have been kind enough to record it and to upload it to youtube.

Sorry for the late post.

1 Like

I know the comment is older but I wanted to reply on it still

Depends on what fooling around means and on what ground they left
If they didn’t know what was going on, recognized it and decided to back off, I would consider that agreeable

If they intentionally and conciously disrupt RP tho, even in those 10 seconds then yeah, reporting is encouraged

Let’s make a comparison, let’s say you were timing a high key with a group of trusted people you know you can take serious and take you serious, then suddenly I join the instance as a 6th member, fool around for 10 seconds (read; aggro everything in sight) and then dropped out to go on with my day, would you not think that’s BS?

Don’t be toxic. Golden rule of the hobby, really.

Just throwing my hat out there that without the PCU the AD improvement of building a better AD would increase tenfold and at least half the battle would be won. Would get rid of the biggest harassers on the server

I say the opposite but ok? Telling folk now to follow the ToS is harrasment?

9 Likes