[ Important? ] Building a better AD

This would solve so many problems on AD I think. Wish it was added

8 Likes

I’ve had many a time when roleplay has been interrupted by an OOCer. Sometimes on purpose with the usual garbage. But sometimes they clearly have no idea what they’re looking at. Just a questing player who stumbles on RP and has none of those immediate RP etiquette reactions that RPers have.

I had a time on another character when during a combat drill, an OOCer happened by and just ran around our group on their mount. The curiosity turned to trolling when they received no reactions to their running and jumping around. This was a low level player with no heirlooms.

It’s so easy for non-RPers to switch over from mere curiosity to trolling. And often, I don’t think they even realize how obnoxious they are. They find something out of the ordinary to amuse themselves for a bit. They don’t think about, no, they don’t even KNOW about the damage they do to the immersion, mood and everything else involved with the roleplayers on the other side. Carefully planned events and storylines, soiled. For the amusement of a non RPer who’s going to forget about that time they spent running around those weirdos on their mammoth in a matter of minutes.

Be they purposefully trolling or not, I wish we could just… Make them disappear for us.

Like…

:point_right: S N A P

Gone.

10 Likes

And to make this non-abusable the player would only be like, visible in warmode. Everybody happy.

2 Likes

This but only in current content zones and not in cities or leveling zones.

I don’t understand why current content zones need to be shared in the first place, group finder is already cross-realm so what’s the point?

It just locks these zones for roleplay as they’re inhabited by masses of people just standing around, talking OOC in say or jumping around like they’re demented.

8 Likes

Or swarms of off-realmers group killing stuff and, even when they’re the same faction, greying out mobs so you can’t do a damn thing to anything. That sure was ‘fun’…

2 Likes

That has nothing to do with building a better RP community though.

Ill add the suggestion to disable addons for trials (credit to Tehya) to the list due the way of how addons in conjunction with trial accounts are used to bypass various rules.

There was a time when the GM’s would RP with you through emotes in whisper, one in particular was known as ‘Rambo’ and he used to meticulously describe over the top action scenes, putting on his bandana or placing his bowie knife between his teeth while he armed himself. Lots of flashy imagery with one liners. He used to deal with these people.

It’s entirely irrelevant but I just wanted to say something positive because I’ve had this happen to me quite recently. Does the right click report even work?

1 Like

the worst part of this is that it makes it so that you can’t really have RP groups in new content zones that is bigger than 1 raid group more often than not.

Its been a problem multiple times for me atleast that there has been some RP in dazar’alor down at the arena area, but some people have been phased away because the RP group is bigger than 1 raid size. Its annoying and it ruins RP for people

1 Like

The Forsaken RP discord should be a good addition

discord.gg/cSDbqCe

2 Likes

blizzard:restrict dancing flute.
Also blizzard: Here have an item that makes people within a large radius drunk.

4 Likes

Most of this thread is a pointless empty crusade against windmills, but if you want to petition for something, here’s one thing that might actually help a little:

Petition to make all moves FROM RP servers free.

This will do two things: (a) allow people who rolled on the RP server for the wrong reasons to move elsewhere peacefully, and (b) put some ground under the notion that everyone who is on the server probably should participate in it (because if they are not interested in that, they can move somewhere else without any penalty).

Roleplayers have literally offered to pay out of their own pocket for the transfer of some of the biggest OOCer bozos on these forums and to date none of these roleplayers have been taken up on their offer as far as I am aware. More often than not the OOCers here either

a) come to Argent Dawn because they think “wow it has a cool community and atmosphere of roleplayers that I can treat like a zoo for myself while polluting their immersion”

b) stay on Argent Dawn because they think “wow it has a cool community and atmosphere of roleplayers that I can treat like a zoo for myself while polluting their immersion”

I do believe there is a recognizable pattern in this

EDIT: I also do believe that you are at least 7% biased with snipes like this

https://eu.forums.blizzard.com/en/wow/t/a-friendly-reminder/194184/61?u=bloodshroud-argent-dawn

11 Likes

Well, if you ask around about me, for example, you will hear that I am all kind of evil, while in fact, I just:

c) stay on Argent Dawn even though I am not going to RP - but without “disrupting” anything ever - simply because I have multiple characters with a lot of time invested into them and moving them to a different server costs a lot.

So, yes, a free move would solve a couple of cases.

I stand by that quote you posted, too. It’s absolutely correct. But here we can perhaps have a win-win.

Observe as the OOCer does not understand that disrupting isn’t limited to standing on roleplayers with huge mounts

6 Likes

Biggest lie of the century right here.

3 Likes

Are you suggesting I am disrupting just by not RPing or what? Could you clarify?

OOC chatter in spatial channels is the most common forms of disrupting immersion and I am going to be quite skeptical if your next reply is “actually I don’t ever use /s or /y or /e”

P.S before any counter snipes a la “I bet you talk in spatial channels when you’re not roleplaying”: no I don’t. PCU gamers (by next year comparable to the population of India by numbers) follow a code of silence, meaning they use spatial channels for what they were intended for: roleplaying

5 Likes

I think they already dropped all pretense in the other thread where they displayed an attitude of thinking griefing is something acceptable to do, as well as a extreme disdain for roleplayers in general.

I’m very willing to bet gold on that they do alot of griefing on the side judging by their attitude towards it and open hatred of roleplaying and those who enjoy it.

3 Likes

You might be surprised, but yes, actually, I don’t ever use /s or /y - and I don’t even know what /e is. I use bnet chat and party chat in instances.

On to my suggestion - do you think it can help?

Oh, god, when are you going to stop following me into every thread and posting one lie after the other.

My disdain is for people like you who cry a lot on the forums and use “I am an RPer” as (one more) victim card. The majority of people who RP don’t do that, so no disdain towards them whatsoever.

I did not “display an attitude of thinking griefing is something acceptable” nor do I “do alot of griefing on the side”. That’s just your fantasies, as usual. You keep trying to pick fights with me for some reason. I really hope you don’t start spamming me in the game as well.