In-Game Combat Log Range Decreased

So unless combat logs suddenly stop registering what happens to your target, those shouldn’t be affected.

Oh finally. I hope crybabies wont open spy topics every hour :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Seeing as the only thing they apparently did was reduce it’s range… I wouldn’t bet on it.

1 Like

So what’s the effect of this change on WPvP?

It breaks the spy addon.

You do understand that raidparses are not the same as a damage meter tho, right?
You do understand that?

2 Likes

Honestly I’ll be impressed if people make a gigantic congaline to cover enough ground for spy to work as it has till now.

1 Like

About time

A compromise I guess.

Does this affect combatlogging in dungeons/raids, if so why?

Maybe not for the whole world, but it would probably be good enough for AB/AV.

What is it with people and not reading the post?

5 Likes

Parses are not the same as an active damage/threat meter during the fight.
Take your own advice and actually the post yourself? :thinking:

Yes, but not when you /combatlog for warcraft logs ect… so other addons get affected heavily too

Please explain what am I missing here, I though the wording means this does not affect raids and addons can pick up information from 50+ yards

The difference is that a damage/threat meter is not the same as the text file you export and upload to a place like warcraftlogs.
The first is likely affected by this change. The latter is not.
Do you get it yet?

no the wording just says the /combatlog is still the same, witch makes a combatlog.doc in your wow folder with the combatlog.

all ingame is max 50yards now, witch breaks so many addons.

2 Likes

Apparently you don’t know what that means then.

Well if it is closer to the functionality that was in 1.12 then I really don’t care if other addons are affected since they too were operating outside of the boundaries of the original game.

I get it, so is anything preventing information sharing between combat log addons to fix the range issue?