In memoriam of RP Locations

Tell me about your favourite RP locations that Blizzard in its infinite wisdom (and mainly with the release of Cata) decided to nuke into the ground and obliterate completely. Theramore? Southshore? The first RP guild I ever joined (in 2011) was based in Brill. Darnassus, peaceful Ashenvale, Undercity…

This isn’t supposed to be a criticism thread really, just more of a nostalgia one.

6 Likes

Loved Brill, always have. Such a lovely, somber atmosphere but at the same time… Oddly cozy. Now in hindsight I wish I’d have spend more time RP’ing there.

4 Likes

Thousand Needles before it got flooded is a zone that I’ve always wanted to RP in, there is not a single zone in all of WoW quite like Thousand Needles with tall spires that casts constant shadows over your Journey, except for maybe Spires of Arak and Blade’s edge, two zones far removed from Azeroth.

13 Likes

Leveling there in Classic WoW has really made me wanna roll a Tauren, so I used my Shadowlands boost on a Tauren Warrior!

Elodor, lost forever to timey-wimey nonsense. Wholesome draenei village RP dead.

4 Likes

Pre-Cata with the ruined Lordaeronian aesthetic I always felt like it was particularly atmospheric. The guild was on Earthen Ring - I remember it was called … good times!

1 Like

Pre-Cata Brill.

2 Likes

Hillsbrad in general. Rest in sludge, good old Southshore.

3 Likes

Brill.

preferred it before cata, but at least I still had it afterwards.

Until BFA hit.

2 Likes

Thousand Needles was a big RIP for me. I am one of the few people that kind of enjoy the questing there with the boat mechanic but I do still love the atmosphere of that original zone and the potential for RP.

9 Likes

A lot of AU Draenor locations, especially functional draenei settlements and such. Locations that can still technically be used with the pretense of it being an Azerothian location, but the places themselves are no longer available IC.

3 Likes

Brill Inn, sitting in there with the other deadie buds drinking Goop.

1 Like

The vast majority of the old world really, the only improvement was Orgrimmar in some ways but I feel just about every inch of Kalimdor and Eastern Kingdoms have been scrubbed of their ‘soul’ to faciliate gameplay. We can rationalize the changes but the game just hasn’t been the same since Cataclysm, the lore that followed etc, essentially gutted the old community in a very fundamental way.

2 Likes

RIP in peace Brill, 5ever in our hearts

2 Likes

Even though I’m a Horde player the thought of Darnassus no longer being there breaks my heart. Definitely my favourite city.

4 Likes

Goldshire Inn way back in '09 when it was not yet tainted. :frowning: I started my RP adventure there, several guilds like guard guilds would visit the tavern on my old realm and we’d just have a jolly good time.

The Park in Stormwind City. And … Darnassus. :sleepy:

1 Like

Next to what everyone else has said so far: Stonetalon Mountains for my tauren.

Especially because I done messed up and did the Krom’gar quests and got stuck with that awful zone-wide tabard buff that you can’t get rid of.

God I hate Cata.

Pre-cata taurajo

2 Likes

But now we have REMEMBER TAURAJO!

1 Like

I really wish we could somehow reclaim Goldshire. I’ve reported so many players with genuinely horrifying profiles and they still come back. It’s a nice spot, lots of houses. Imagine new human players encountering actual RP in there and not
UwU nwuzzles bwulgy wulgy-tier nonsense at best and “this is illegal in virtually every country” at worst.

2 Likes