In memoriam of RP Locations

Just keep reporting, Blizz are doing something with the reports. Just takes a while.

The village of Hillsbrad, it had such a nice little farming village, one of the few remaining settlements of Lordaeron atmosphere and then Blizzard decided to turn it into the Sludge Fields.

1 Like

The Shimmering Flats in Thousand Needles. Such a lovely place.

1 Like

I used to roleplay in Goldshire during TBC. Probably somewhat cringeworthy concepts, but mine and many others’ first steps into the world of roleplay. At the time the creeps were outliers, mocked by most for being these strange individuals who would turn to World of Warcraft to satisfy their own perversions. Now they run the place with Blizzard’s blessing and it’s always a little sad when I pass over it.

1 Like

I wasn’t on AD during TBC/WoTLK but wasn’t that place filled with sons of Illidan and Arthas wannabe?

Just a question to know if it has ever been a good place or it’s just a classic “oh, the good old days!”

As I recall it from WOTLK days, Goldshire Inn was full of ERPers, and the village itself was full of just… low level RPers let’s say! Now the whole place makes my game lag, the inn is stuffed full of ERPers, and the outside is just OOCers. So it’s even busier, I feel, but not that much worse.

Silvermoon’s Bazaar went from a place with occasionally-questionable RP to a bit of an ERP den though. Or maybe I was just blinkered in the past.

Also the Park in Stormwind is sorely missed, although at least it was eventually replaced with something.

1 Like

All aboard the nostalgia train!
Vanilla Thousand Needles. 1 hour video with music, ambient/nature sounds, and NPCs milling around in settlements and other memorable spots.

2 Likes

Mirage Raceway… yeah I remember it. Holy shoot now I feel nostalgic and want it back in retail.

I really dislike how BFA awkwardly attempts to make “Kalimdor red and Eastern Kingdoms blue” by having both cities be coincidentally nuked at the same time. It’s ridiculous to have one faction per continent, as if that’s how anything feasibly works. Hell, tauren are the only Horde race native to Kalimdor, and yet now Blizzard wants to continuously push a narrative that each faction is confined to their own special landmass? Excluding of course the BC zones, which are either promptly brushed away (why did night elves emigrate to Stormwind park and not their literal neighbours who have two populace islands right beside them?) or stuck in a perpetual 2007 time bubble of Britney Spears and Blockbuster video.

They’re clearly backpeddling on the idea by making Hyjal the night elf capital again, which is going to be incredibly awkward when that zone is a reasonably high level Cataclysm levelling zone. And I’m guessing undead will reclaim/rebuild Undercity, hopefully with a cooler aesthetic this time around (am not big on the death metal purple spike gang).

1 Like

Hopefully using the actual ruins rather than its sewers. Build bold, build majestic. Unconquered and defiant.

Most of the Barrens. I loved the old world Barrens.

1K Needles and Tanaris also had a certain charm that Cata took away.

1 Like

Darnassus was nice in the rain with its lake and bridges.

1 Like

Old Badlands were a really cool and immersive place. It’s a travesty and a shame what Cataclysm did to it. :frowning:

1 Like

I’m startled because nobody mentioned Loch Modan.

2 Likes

My memory is a bit poop but what has changed about Loch Modan after Cataclysm? For me it always looked the same.

I mean the Cata changes. The defining feature of the zone, the massive lake, was drained when Deathwing broke the dam.

3 Likes

The damm is broken and the lake is now a lot shallower as a result.

Nethergarde keep shall be missed.
Taurajo.
Theramore.

2 Likes

I would miss it if I had actually commited to an alliance character before cataclysm (especially because dwarves are my favourite alliance race).

The first thing I could mention is that I miss the old Park District in Stormwind City - this would been a perfect place to expand for the night elves after their beloved city got burned. Now there is a memorial to a king which is deserved but perhaps should been placed somewhere else and have a district for the elves again.

Old Darnassus - well, obvious reasons as this place was serene and quiet. Ashenvale Forest, I’ve enjoyed the view there entirely before the cataclysm and jolly orcs destroyed it, which was really unfortunate move lore-wise. Oh and Azshara before the goblins ruined the place, it was a nice place to wander around.

Just me and my few peanuts. :slight_smile:

1 Like