Incentives to play alliance

Oh I assumed population was an issue as battleground queues are instant for alliance but 10mins to 90 mins as horde.

Yes because there’s more Horde queuing for battlegrounds. Probably for similar reasons that cause the 55-45 split on PvP servers. As far as I know the really long queues are only for AV but Alliance don’t queue AV because it’s bad honor/h not because there aren’t enough Alliance players. The queues in WSG and AB can probably be explained entirely by the 55-45 split of people interesten in PvP (which would imply about 20% more Horde players in the queue than Alliance).

https://wowclassicpopulation.com/ Population doesn’t equal people sitting in the queue at any one point in time.

Sites like that are only as accurate as their uploads. That addon doesn’t work for me.

People are still citing wowclassicpopulation as if it’s somehow relevant? This is their data from last 30 days:

https://wowclassicpopulation.com/overview?lastSeen=30

Apparenly my server is 100% Horde as is for example Gehennas. APES have apparently transfered or gone on a break. Since the census addons were made to be extremely slow and manual by Blizzard changing their API (more than half a year ago) the data they get is rare and innacurate. The only semi reliable way of estimating faction population is

https://ironforge.pro/

which counts the number of logged raiding characters on both factions. Obviousely it misses people that don’t log raids or raid at all but at least they get new data regularly.

Still going on about that, Dottie?

The addon manager even answered you in that thread.

Doesn’t mean it’s not true. Also it doesn’t get all the players, only the ones logged in during the scan.

He put it best himself.

So what about Altermaniels point about 100% horde realms?

In my opinion, people start the scan then when it doesn’t work automatically they cancel it, then upload that.

Irrelevant. This is about the matchmaking pool, and so was that thread.

Or you’re just bad at it, like the addon manager himself said.

So you are just going to ignore the inaccuracy of the data you claim is good?

On point: You can’t make someone play a faction they don’t want too.

As the addon manager himself said, you’re just spreading misinformation. It’s inherently unreliable as it is because yes, there’s no way to scan offline players, and it can’t scan players on the opposite faction so each server needs players with the addon on each faction. So the more players with the addon, the better it can indicate population figures.

It also can’t differentiate alts from mains, other than that it limits the scan to a level requirement (and there are quite a few people with more than one lvl 60 now).

But what you’re accusing it of, is just you failing at it.

I’m spreading misinformation? That addon manager is doing that by claiming the figures are accurate, you just don’t want to see it do you?

The addons doesn’t work properly you have to press buttons for every single level scan you do and I’m failing? It’s so obvious to me that people won’t complete the scan because it’s too much hard work, so the figures will be incorrect.

Back then in that old thread, both ironforge pro and WCP showed close to the same split of population figures when I only compared the servers that ironforge pro showed at the time for EU. That’s a bit much for a coincidence from a “failing” addon.

Also, you’re assuming the many people with the addon keeps failing at it just because you fail at it. That’s beyond stupid.

I don’t use it, I tried but the constant rescanning I had to do stopped me, I didn’t upload my data.

So that looks like people were only scanning 60s if they both said the same amount.

No, ironforge, as pointed out in the thread (not by me, I didn’t know it at the time), goes by warcraftlogs only. WCP goes by the addon.

WCP listed more total players too, yet ended up close to the same split though. What you fail to realise, is that the compiled data doesn’t count the same characters twice, and can only get its figures by people sending in the data. So if the addon wouldn’t work, it wouldn’t show people playing at all. Get it? The population figures themselves would be showing things like only 500 if all the addon users fail at it like you did.

So yeah, you’re spreading misinformation just because you yourself failed at it.

You don’t even need to make guesses on weather people are completing the scan or not. They just aren’t very often. You can see that data from one (or sometimes even both) factions is completely absent for an entire month from dozens of servers. All of their data from the last 7 or so months is about as sparse. Unfortunately the API changes Blizzard did have effectively killed the addon and site because of the extra work it now requires to operate that people just aren’t willing to do. Might change in the future or it might stay the same.

I get it, people start the addon, when it stops they upload the data. Whoops, they only scanned for 60s.

You are assuming I don’t but I do, probably better than you. I’m not sure how the website collates the data, but the addon just looks at the player details for 60s then stops and waits for the scanning player to press something, some players think the addon has finished.

Blizzard broke it for a reason, they don’t want people knowing their player population and ratios.

They didn’t “break it” intentionally, it was just caught in the crossfire of the sweeping API changes at the time, which had already been fixed when you kept failing at it still.

Also, just fyi, it doesn’t count only lvl 60 players.

https://wowclassicpopulation.com/about
You should try reading it. You can even contact the addon manager if your view is that clouded. Or are you afraid you’ll just be told you fail at it, like the last time?

You seem to have some crap inbetween your chair and the keyboard. Should get that looked at.

I could point you to a site which claims thousands of people have been abducted by aliens and had test done on them. It doesn’t mean it’s true, same goes for population sites. They may be right for one or two realms but for the vast majority they are highly inaccurate, which at the least is misleading and the most lying.

Notice the way I don’t insult you but attack your points?

“There are three types of lies – lies, damn lies, and statistics.”
― Benjamin Disraeli