Inconstincency Between Tooltip and in Practice Damage of some skills Armor Mitigation Effects on Certain DH Abilities

Hey guys i just want a second opinion or an advice on how target’s armor works on some Dh abilities.

I know Physical damage mitigated by armor. But some fire and chaos school based skills act a bit weird.

Before start I have to say, for sure crit damages does not considered for the calculations.

Let me start with “throw glaive”. Tooltip says 3297 damage. But being physical school, It’s damage got mitigated by armor by %30 percent on both dungeoneer’s dummy and raider’s dummy to a strict 2309 damage.

For Felblade tooltip says 5996 damage. It hits roughly for similar damage, a bit higher. Like for 6150 ish damage. So it does not mitigated by armor.

Same with essence break, fel rush, glaive tempest and immolation aura. They don’t get mitigated by armor. and damage for the similar amounts of the tooltip says.

Weirdly for Sigil of Flame. It does like almost the double of the damage the tooltip says. Tooltip says 1346 damage + 6318 damage over 10 sec. But what it does is around 14k neightbourhood. It does double the amount of what tooltip says.

But most weird thing is which made me go for this topic is Chaos strike damage. It belongs to chaos school of damage. But i can understand that since it is melee damage and should get mitigated by armor. But while Throw glaive which is physical damage gets mitigated by %30 percent on aforementioned dummies. Whereas Chaos strike damage gets mitigated by %48-50 percent (tooltip says 9449 damage, it’s normal hit damage is around 4900 neightbourhood.

Also it seems that the hunt’s initial damage does not get effected by “know your enemy” talent.

If anyone has some explanations, can you fellow Demon Hunters enlighten me?

Thanks in advance.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.