Increase max character limit

Hey
Many altoholics have probably already reached the max character limit. So now i think it would be a good time to increase the limit to 100 instead of 50 because in Shadowlands leveling will be even faster and we don’t know what the future brings of new playable races and classes. So many will probably ask why do we need +50 characters? Well some of us do it to mass farm mounts and other stuff while others enjoy leveling.
Thanks

31 Likes

How will they force gaming addicts like me to have multiple accounts and pay for it? Hmmm. It’s a bad business decision to remove profits. :sunglasses:

3 Likes

I’m not sure if this is something we will see but the subject comes up every so now and then.

Personally I’m not attached to the bulk of my 48 characters. I would just delete one if I needed a slot. It would be hard to play meaningfully on that many characters. Most aren’t touched unless there is some event I’m farming, like the love rocket.

5 Likes

Won’t ever happen for one simple reason, you want more than 50 then you will need to buy another account, and also pay the subs for said account.

1 Like

Was asked and answered at a Q&A at some Blizzcon. Tom Chilton and … somebody … took it.

The answer? No problem. You can have 100. Just pay for a second account!

3 Likes

Don’t think it should be increased to 100 (because you can buy another account).

Maybe 15?

1 Like

I consider myself an altoholic but I get uncomfortable when the scroll bar appears on my menu.

I can’t see them offering another 50.
But 5 or 10 would at least take a little pressure off.
With 10, I could have 30 per realm, per faction instead of 25
10 every couple expansions if no new classes/races added

4 Likes

Give one extra slot everytime a new race or class is added at least.

15 Likes

72 would be optimal for you mega altoholics =)
12 classes - 3 specs per class (2 for DHs, 4 for druids) = 36 specs. 2 factions = 72.
one of each spec and class on both factions. If you want more then a new account should be the next step.

If you’re truly extreme and want one char of each race, class and specc combo, then you need 300 chars per faction =P

Personally Im fine with my 24 chars =)

14 Likes

I don’t know whether to be impressed with or judge you for working that out…

3 Likes

i d really love some more slots especially with all those new allied races and those to come.

3 Likes

Tbh some of us for mount farming or cause we like levelling have needed this for years, I personally am both of those things, however I see the topic come up more and more, cause by now a few more people are capped, and if the rumors are true that in shadowlands it will be significantly faster to level aside from obviously the current exp, then there could be a chance of an increase I think, at least a few slots, cause blizzard tends to make these kind of changes when the masses need them, not only some select few.

For example the gold cap increase: first 6 years 214,7k, other 6 years 1 mil, in wod 1 mil was becoming commonplace and all important items were getting capped within seconds on 99% of realms in black market, so it got changed to 10 mil, now there’s definitely people who would like more, but the majority won’t need it for a long time, which is when blizzard will change it, as long as inflation resumes, else they won’t.

Why the heck would anyone need 50 characters, never mind MORE than 50… it’s like a hoarding mentality…

4 Likes

while I personally havent reached 50 yet, I do get it. One thing I enjoy in this game, is just creating a new character from scratch, leveling it to max and then getting a unique xmog for it. The whole thing takes months, but once done i’d never delete that character, obv. True, most of these characters find a secondary use, like a profession alt, camped at some rare location or perhaps AH/bank, but still, i’m already at 41 so… What i’m not allowed to try out a new cool allied race? 50 was a reasonable cap up until wod, but it should have been increased, there is no reason not to. I say go ahead and increase to 100.

4 Likes

Wow do gamers usually create 50 characters? I just have 12 on one server and three on the other.

Considering I’ve played since Vanilla, yeah, I did reach the 50 cap last year. End up having to look at characters I knew I’d never play to clean up some space!

1 Like

I have to ask this, but how many of those 48 are Paladins?

Farm mounts headless horseman and loverocket

yeah. been at the cap since legion.