Increase max character limit

Around 16, one herald character at 80 and the rest all 120.

1 Like

Wow, you must be the one with most paladins I ever saw so far!

I’m specialized in dks, have around 80, also have a friend with 5-6 priests, one with 5-6 mages and one with a similar amount of hunters.

Reduce massive no lifers altaholics, constantly wanting more 10000 character slots.

FTFY.

I would really like more slots. But WoW will die before this will happen.

1 Like

What? Since when is it asking much to have more than 50 slots in a game that lasted 16 years? Do you realise that’s barely more than 3 chars levelled a year, is that no lifing now?

@Deea: I think there’s some hope for this in shadowlands, when you want a limit lifted usually blizzard will only give in when the masses want it too, see the gold cap: some of us complained a lot about the 1 mil cap in wod, but it was only increased to 10 in legion, when a lot of people hit 1.

4 Likes

I agree with you but to play devil’s advocate, not everyone has been playing for 16 years or even making alts for 16 years.

Knowing it’s ActiBlizz, even if they add extra char slots after 50 for a single account, they will be $4.99 a pop or something.

1 Like

As a temporary solution I can suggest delete juggling. Once a character hits level 10 you can restore it after deletion.

You can only undelete one character per week, and characters below level 50 (or demon hunters below 100) have a limited time of 3-4 months where they can be restored.

for more info:

This is what I’m going to do when I reach 50+ characters where I don’t want to delete any of them permanently.

Yes, ofc, personally I’m having problems with a 100 characters cap (2 accounts) and only been playing since 2009, seriously since 2011.

@Nobl: would be ok with a tax (one time only ofc) for more slots.

@Chronorml: yes, that would work but so annoying to keep deleting and restoring chars.

Not that i am against the change, but i am curious.
There is no way you have 50 relevant characters, so what do you use 50 characters for?
Do you just have 50 level 120 characters for mount farming or what?

Who are you to say people dont have 50+ relevant characters, just because YOU dont. Stop posting this it got old long ago.

1 Like

First of all I like levelling, if you do and have a lot of time like me, you will inevitably end up having a lot of chars, I particularly like dks and also like having them on different realms, back when I started making them in mop you could only make 1 per realm, and I found that interesting and kept doing that even after they lifted that restriction.

And yes, you got one of the reasons, mount farming for some stuff in particular can take a lot of chars, I was getting fed up with oondasta not dropping and ended up using up to 81 chars back in 2016-7 (2 accounts), all of them were level 101 or higher, and now they’re all maxed, I actually have 89 maxed and working on 6 more now that there’s the levelling buff, after that I’m afraid that due to various constraints, I have no more slots even on 2 accs.

You don’t have to tell me that mount farming on more than 50 chars is very very rare, I’m aware, other examples I needed over 50 are rei lun cause it took me 204 tries despite it being a good drop, and also since it’s up so rarely, and people certainly have utility to farm love rocket and other world bosses too.

But for me the main reason is to try and have a reasonable amount of gold on every realm, that’s currently not possible with 2 accounts, there’s 107 non-russian and 16 russian realms before the new round of connections, and obviously a few slots are kind of wasted on main realms (my main has 5 toons), and if you compare the levelling speed you had back in 2004 and now in 2020, and consider the 50-chars cap has been around since then, you’d have to admit at least it’s easier to reach now, waaaaaaaay easier, so one who levels more than you might actually have problems with that for years.

Well, it is actually irrelevant that no everyone is making alts for 16 years, that won’t change the fact that many players has been playing enought years to be reasonable for many to be reaching 50 character’s cap now, and more will reach it in Shadowlands with the reducing in leveling speed.

In fact those 16 years are not equal, probably the last 8 years have contributed more than the first 8 years, not only because leveling speed has been reduced every expansion, but also because the free character boost, I have already 4 characters leveled thanks to a free boost since WOD only in my main account,.

I think the real counter argument to increasing character limit is people occupying names for no reason or to even sell those to other people.

this

the character cap problem appered to me just because they started adding allied races and that’s 10 more slots now

1 Like

I have more max characters in this expansion than any other because of events like the Anniversary PvP event that was quick to level in and the fact that I needed to do various races from scratch to 110 or 120 to get their heritage armor.

I have a hideous number of 120s now that I mostly have no interest in, other than I will use them for rocket farm when that event comes around.

So I wholly agree, when you started playing doesn’t matter.

1 Like

It’s simply not feesable.
If you had 50 geared characters, which is already a stretch, then just the weekly grind would be 1 assault (15 minutes to get there and finish at best), 1 vision (would be 20 minutes if you do 5 mask, but i guess if you’re max geared and don’t care about sockets you can do 0 mask) which is 10 minutes.
Then you also have a weekly key, which also requires 40 minutes to set up group and do the run, if you’re lucky.
All of those things are required for a character to be relevant, now doing that on 50 characters, if you are fully efficient, would take 54 hours.
If you get a good 8 hours a sleep at night, you will have 112 awake hours, so about half of all the time you’re awake you need to be grinding wow to keep up 50 characters up, and that is if you’re fully efficient for 54 hours.

There was no shade in my question, idk why you felt the need to tell me off instead of just answering.
I understand not all players play the same game.
For me i get alts to play them in high level content, so i have 6 characters at 475+, and i do tons of stuff to keep them up to date, but i know not all players care about that.
That’s why i genuinely asked

It’s interesting, i don’t understand people that like to level that much, but i don’t judge, i respect that we don’t all play the same game.

I also wanna make it clear that i meant no shade with my comment, i was genuinely curious about what you do.

I am impressed with the sheer dedication to level that many characters, it’s unreal. And yea i figured it would be for mount farming, but the fact that you leveled so many characters for it seems insane, but i guess if you don’t play endgame you just level when you’re done with weekly mount farm on all characters?

It’s just funny to see the contrast. I am the one of my friends who has the most 120 characters, and i have 12, one of each class, cause i’ll never need more for what i do, but it’s intersting to get an insight in how others approach the game.

1 Like

I don’t think their end goal is the same level of gearing we do on our main.

They just get them to 120 and potter about.

I know, that’s why i asked what they do with them, cause i was curious.

1 Like