Interview with the Author of the new Novel

Sure, but the argument wasn’t “They already declared war, we will just be continuing it.” but “They are hostile enough to create war in the future, as seen in Stormheim, so we should just get it out of the way.”. I feel that’s a significantly difference.

I see what you mean and I agree. You are right. They could have chosen a different direction, but this was what we’ve gotten.

2 Likes

She does not know their content, they just asked her to be on their WOW Channels and she agreed. She is very chill and laid back, and is loving the exposure as well the positive reception from players till now.

Yeah, sure. And Blizzard had no say in the interviews and didn’t look at the people involved. Come on, this is an ad campaign, of course they checked who they were dealing with.

You might be correct, but why would Blizzard choose barely known Youtubers with such a small sub base? Couldn’t they have chosen WOW Channels with much broader audience?

Indeed, that’s the question I am asking. But I have no doubt that they were chosen. She is working for Blizzard. That’s no “small indie company” anymore.

But she seems to be making a “down to earth”, approachable impression that does seem to spark the interest of the story crowd here, doesn’t she?

And maybe it’s just that the smaller channels don’t have to deal as much with the “Blizzard shill!”-suspicions.

1 Like

btw, Tyrande and Thrall were friends in the game. They fought together against legion in Warcraft 3. They became close friends during Cataclysm. Thrall even have celebrate his wedding at Nordrassil. By the fact, Tyrande was one of the few invited guests at that wedding.

And just a reminder, that during the times of that wedding, there was already a war between the Horde and the Alliance. Weeding happens after the battle of the Ashenvale forest.
So, the war against the Horde was not affecting on relationships between Thrall and Tyrande.

Also, we already know that in starting quests in Shadowlands, Thrall will be the only one, who will dislike to leave Tyrande behind. Jaina will have to convince Thrall to leave his friend Tyrande behind.

But, in the new book, the new author paints relationship between Tyrande and Thrall as cold. Like they never ever knew each other.
Thrall asks her for a visit to Nordrassil, he asks it like Tyrande is totally stranger to him. And when they finally met, Tyrande blames Thrall for the Horde crimes…

So, maybe its an author mistake? What do you think?

Yeah the Cata Thrall Green Jesus episode was pretty bad.

I don’t think it should really be considered a mistake. I can see both sides to this, especially after Teldrasill. A deep friendship would be out of place, considering what they were talking about even more.
Consider what Tyrande just went trough.

I mean her last words to Thrall was very considerate to Thrall in my view. She gave him basically a chance to “make it right” if he manages to bring her Sylvanas head.
That’s still way to easy for my liking and a cop-out, but I did not expect much else. Sadly.

2 Likes

I fail to recall her leveraging Stormheim situation for spark the War.

It was during the short story A Good War. It was a deciding factor why Saurfang agreed to the war in the first place.

https://worldofwarcraft.com/en-us/story/short-story/a-good-war

“The boy in Stormwind will not start a war tomorrow,” Saurfang said.

Her eyebrows lowered. “With Genn Greymane in his ear? We will see.”

That was a concern, Saurfang had to concede. In the thick of the fighting against the Burning Legion, Greymane had launched a mission to kill Sylvanas. It had gotten some of Stormwind’s few remaining airships destroyed.

There were whispers that Greymane had ordered the attack without Anduin’s permission, but as far as Saurfang knew, Greymane had not been punished. The implications of that were troubling, and every possible explanation led to same conclusion: the old worgen would always drive the Alliance toward war

against the Horde.

Sylvanas’s eyes glittered. “And the boy is becoming a man. What if that man decides that he has no choice but to launch a war on us?

3 Likes

As Qulzan said, it was one of the main reasons that convinced Saurfang of all people, to tag along.

2 Likes

Ok, I see this, but what she did there was to tease Saurfang about Genn from which Saurfang drew the Quoted conclusion.

Which was one side of the story.

She never actively stated the act of Stormheim as a starting point for war. Sure its was great manipulation from her side, but not the reason to launch the envasion, and with that phrase she stated many other old hatreds. . .

Idk if that makes sense

She gave a reasoning that kickstarted Saurfang to the point he concluded that war was necessary to some extent.

And honestly, regardless of ulterior motives, I think that attempting to assassinate any sovereign head of state constitutes a plausible and logical casus belli.

2 Likes

If he knew what she was up to in Stormheim, doubt that reasoning would not have worked in her favor…

Talking of the book why is it not out in the uk yet? amazon says i have to wait til the 28th

That’s weird. I received it today (and will probably post my impressions soon enough).

1 Like

No idea I have mine, but no idea about the UK.

1 Like

i have a friend in the netherlands who got it today as well but the uk amazon says that the release date is now the 28th of july which has me utterly confused

I just wonder, in the book Sira says that she did not choose to become undead. Its very important moment, because she hates that she became Undead.

So in other words, thing that have happened to Sira and Delaryn was the same thing that have happened in Andoral. It was not Night Elves own choose.
Finally this moment became logically explained…

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.