Introducing the World of Warcraft Community Council

Greetings, citizens of Azeroth –

The World of Warcraft community is second to none with the passion, love, and excitement you all show to the game. Player feedback impacts all aspects of the game, and with such a wide range of opinions, playstyles, and interests out there, gathering and understanding feedback is more important than ever.

To help further our efforts in this area, we’re introducing the WoW Community Council. This program will add another venue for communication between players and WoW developers. Our goal is to gather more detailed feedback on all aspects of World of Warcraft from players around the world with a wide range of backgrounds and interests.

Here’s how it works:

• Submissions are open to any player interested in taking part in the program.
  • Once players are selected, they’ll be given the ability to post in a new discussion forum that is publicly visible to everyone.
    • In this new forum, we’ll ask members to share their experiences and perspectives on anything in the game, and some topics may be started by Blizzard developers and community managers.
    • Responses and updates from Blizzard will be posted there so they can easily be discussed by the entire community.
  • A private discussion will also be setup for Council members to encourage direct interaction between members.
  • Separate conversations between smaller groups of members and Blizzard developers will be encouraged to ensure players with differing perspectives are being heard.
    • These may take the form of live chats between Council members and WoW devs.

One of the key goals with this program is to encourage discussion with players from a wide variety of different playstyles. To help ensure this, part of the application process will involve sharing your areas of interest and expertise. Whether it’s cutting-edge raiding, playing alts, completing achievements, accessibility, or collecting transmog, we want to know your perspective and ensure you’re heard. Therefore, after one year in the program, we plan to unflag Council members and open the application again. All WoW players will be free to apply at that point.

Please note: this program is focused on sharing current and past game experiences; it will not provide access to unannounced game information.

If this sounds like something you’d like to participate in, here is the submission link: https://forms.office.com/r/2BfVmv2d44

Please share this with any player who may be interested in this program and if you have any questions, please let us know.

Thanks for your time and feedback.

45 Likes

Poggers

2 Likes

Hahhahahhahahahahhhahaaahahah! :grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes:

You owe me a glass of soda. Gotta wipe the keyboard now.

46 Likes

Meanwhile on Twitter, The same devs are calling the fanbase idiots :face_with_raised_eyebrow:

52 Likes

Source ? This sounds like a highly entertaining story.

1 Like

Well it can’t hurt

2 Likes

Look up jeff hamilton Tweets and of course the famous Madeleine Roux tweets. There is more examples. However I don’t use Twitter so only going by 2nd hand sources. They exist though. There is of course the famous Josh “lore” allen comments on Twitter.

Also most recently Blizzard employees turning their whole lawsuit scandal on their own playerbase.

Don’t get me wrong, This is a good idea if they actually are willing to listen and this isn’t just for show. However this is the company who allows people who make racist and sexist tweets against the main portion of it’s playerbase. Also the company who have lots of employees acting like they are above their own customers online. There is to many examples for it to be a one off.

27 Likes

Or A**holes

10 Likes

Interesting idea. I’m just curious how much impact this feedback will have…

During alpha and beta tests there were concerns about conduit energy and some covenant related stuff but never tackled until now.

What bothers me the most is how are they going to select the players? Will there only be hardcore players which favors e sports and MDI or will there be a realistic discussion between casuals and elitists

11 Likes

To be fair I thought that comment was truly deserved

I think this might be a fun idea. Will be interesting to see how it works out.

Why not listen to feedback right now? You just have to listen. Why pluck just a few “worthy” people, when chances are those won’t represent the whole player base.

22 Likes

Well well most devs are idiots and lazy

5 Likes

I am nominating Twiluna for the council !

12 Likes

Blizzard received plenty of feedback since beta on covenants.

You did nothing to allow freedom to swap.

You were told about conduit energy.

You were told about botters.

You did nothing.

This is just a PR move.

34 Likes

I’d second this motion

2 Likes

Probably, However it’s unprofessional at the end of the day. I actually stuck up for him at the time. I know what people can be like. However there is still a level of arrogance there. If you call someone what he did on the forums or in game you get a ban, Even if they provoke you. Yet a dev can’t bite his tongue and just block them? The guy has shown to be arrogant towards peoples ideas. Shadowlands is the perfect example of it.

I couldn’t take the pressure that guy does but at the end of the day I’m not picking up his paycheck.

4 Likes

I think we need some charming, intelligent and reasonable people like Pickpawkit and Bluetrain.

8 Likes

I vote the voice of the Wow community to be only Enhancement Shamans, They deserve that.

4 Likes

I hope it won’t be people from just one side of the game, it is said that the devs are keen on the raiding side. Let’s hope they hear some stuff from the general content players too

2 Likes