Ion acknowledges the Alliance/Horde inbalance anewed

Well, here you have it.

For the people who don’t read wowhead:

It’s a problem we acknowledge, and something that we consider to be a problem that we need to work on. We don’t have any solution to announce right now, but it’s something we actively discuss. I think in terms of the balance of racials, in terms of what each faction is capable of, I think there’s a good argument actually that tools like Shadowmeld are actually optimal for Mythic Plus.

The challenge is also we’re not looking to encourage mass amounts of faction migration. It’s more, how can we build a healthier high-end Mythic Plus scene, or a healthier high-end raid scene on the Alliance side, among the Alliance population.

But there is ample critical mass to support healthy communities on the Alliance side. It’s more a matter of encouraging the formation and encouraging more people to dip their toe into those types of activities, so that there are more people to play with.

Ion in a nutshell, its the players problem.

2 Likes

a lot of nothing.

2 Likes

But he is right at least for us on EU. There is no imbalance in terms of population, but rather in terms of participation to activities.

As far as racials are concerned, sims show its balanced.

6 Likes

Ion: “The challenge is also we’re not looking to encourage mass amounts of faction migration. It’s more, how can we build a healthier high-end Mythic Plus scene, or a healthier high-end raid scene on the Alliance side, among the Alliance population.”

Dear Ion, due to imbalanced racials (even in ToS with goblin) all the tops guilds are now on Horde, so I wanna correct you. We had a good high end scene, Method for example? By saying we need to create a high end scene is saying we never had one in the 1st place. Many of the top guilds that rule on Horde were Alliance our high end scene has been taken away. Yes we can’t force people massivly transfer back, but let’s start with healthy changes like for example that in rated PvP, mythic raiding and M+ racials don’t matter anymore.

We can’t convice the pet battlers to suddenly enjoy high M+ keys (I even hate pushing them beyond +10) or mythic raiding heck they call even normal elitist and that is old flex (HC is old normal). We need to balance out the people on the top. Horde being sometimes as 4 times as active, a funny post how easy it was to find groups as Horde. Yes like 2 pages of groups but when you do that on Alliance just a few groups. I bet Method being an former Alliance guild would love to raid as Alliance again, but they can’t switch back since nearly every top guild, rated PvP’er or M+ player is now Horde.

First step first is to disable racials for M+, mythic raiding and rated PvP. Maybe even prune away the rep gain of humans? I don’t care if it’s needed to make the playing field equal to everybody. It started with racials, then it it were racials and population, now people still go horde just for the population. Why would anyone want to play Alliance on top end when at times it’s 4 times easier as Horde to do anything group related?

3 Likes

Well, here is your solution - give to the Horde for next 10(0) expansion no mounts but different colored goats and no allied races but fat different colored orcs, while giving to Alliance all shiny and new mounts and races.
Why would I play as Alliance as CASUAL player when there is nothing interesting to work for? Why would I play as Alliance as hardcore player when decade of poor racials balance brought all hardcore players to the Horde?
Good start would be firing those who made a decision to bring Kul Tirans and horse mounts to the Alliance in BfA and making it public. Hell, you can even keep them - their apology and locking their digital alter egos in Stormwind stockades as form of public humiliation would be a good start.
But not going to happen. Ion would continue to talk how they talk about balance while doing nothing.

6 Likes

Said dev:

Horde: I will make sure every clan is represented for Mag’har! Also straight back for orcs and golden eyes thrown in for free for blood elves and normal orcs!
Alliance: Fat humans only, too lazy to let people pick between fat, normal or skinny.

10 Likes

Ion should go into politics for his next “project”

Why does it always have to be about high end what about social aspects.

5 Likes

If I had a pint of ale for every time Ion said “Actively discuss(ing)”, I’d be the drunkest dwarf in Azeroth.

4 Likes

But you already can pick normal humans, you could’ve done it since the game released.

KT normal is totally different from classic humans please you must understand that .

1 Like

You guys well know what I mean, they did everything in their power to get every clan for orcs, but choosing 3 body types? NAH! You crazy or something? It’s about the level of effort that went into Alliance and Horde allied races.

2 Likes

you are comparing skin color vs new skeleton/body model that can equip all items in the game without issues.

Yeah. Problem is - nobody asked for this. It’s like if I will grab a cart of bricks and haul it around just because I can. People would most likely just curse me for all the noise I will create in the process.
And if I will say: ‘Well, that was a lot of work you better appreciate it!’ they will laugh to my face and they will be right to do so.

1 Like

Many horde guilds were tired of the lack of players on the alliance side when it came to mythics and raiding. I agree that WOW will have to do something to lure alliance players back into warmode, pvp, and mythic dungeons and raids.

Whether this something is in the form of better racials, mounts, better lore or something, this problem is only going to get worse.

1 Like

Its basically the undead model/skeleton is it not for skinny KT ?

There has to be a way of balancing the numbers out that doesn’t make things worse. As it stands with those of us on RP realms and now the RP shard, the balance is around 3 to 1 in favour of the Alliance. Logically, you’d think this grouping could be merged with wherever the Alliance pop is too low and Horde too high. Not in terms of a realm merge but in the queuing and sharding system. The numbers appear to be there just split up unevenly when it comes to certain content.

How is this related to raids/dungeons? The last time these gave a reputation was probably Shado-pan assault in ToT (and reputation weeks for dungeons in late WoD but these reps were irrelevant anyway)

1 Like

No offense, but what this practically means is “the Alliance are not mature enough to work together in a competitive high-end environment” so… its kind of shameful for the Alliance to bring it up lol…