Ion take my levels!

That would probably just mean that you gain levels slower. Progression wouldn’t be faster and you wouldn’t feel the progression of getting a new level so often. In each expansion they fasten the leveling speed usually though if I’m not wrong. I don’t mind the amount of levels if the leveling time doesn’t get longer.

i was thinkin the same thing yesterday. Bacvk in time when you dinged in a dungeon there was an echo of “gz”. Now there is just silence. but even i dont see any difference except the ability add add. Probably this automatic ability add emptied the meaning of levelling.
A squish + a reintroduction of trainers could give again reason to “DING”.

1 Like

What I would like to know is, what does he mean by smoother leveling ?

imo the scaling thing have had bugs ever since we got it, like a recent patch where old raidbosses suddenly didn’t die instantly anymore as they used to, how ‘hard’ will an old raidboss be with your new ‘removed levels’ feature if blizz do this ?, but the yay lvl up im stronger… no wait, im weaker experience really sux

what I think would be a great idea, would be like the artifact traits from legion to use for adding to a trait in the talent tree until max lvl where it is all filled out, that way you do get a ‘reward’ for each lvl

Personally I don’t have a problem with the amount of levels we currently have. Since I’m in no rush to get to endgame as I really enjoy levelling, I take my time and do the areas I want to do. While it’s term time at Uni I don’t have much time for play anyway so when I do, I’m taking a very long time to reach certain levels. But that’s fine.

For these reasons I don’t feel the least bit daunted by the amount of levels we have although I do feel that it would be good if we could get rewards a little more often than we do. Maybe not necessarily talents if it’s not viable to do that, but perhaps even a random gift of, for example, gold each level we don’t get a talent might be good. I’m sure Blizz could come up with something! :wink:

Having said that, I think I can understand why some of the more experienced of you who may have levelled up several alts may welcome a reduction in levels. I’m not yet well enough versed in the lore to be able to jump from area to area and still know what happened to whom and when etc. but for those of you who can do that, the levelling experience may well seem far too long.

I echo what a few of you have said then. If they do ‘squish’ the levels it will need to be done in such a way as to not detract from the content and so as to make sure levelling is fun and rewarding for new and experienced players alike.

maybe the next pack will be a reshaping of the world with a level squish. with no new territories added.

More than level squish I tbh wish for a level reset, get new chars to talk to some bronze dragon to experience old content, or just advance/reshape the world and have everyone start at lvl 1.

The quests in the old world have been, on since cata, and some even way before. it is time that time moves for them, you don’t need to reshape the world, rather give us a continuation to many questlines, bear problems may arise again, and the npc that wanted bear butts could suddenly want more bear butts etc etc.

1 Like

Same, because I know he’s clearly an ignorant fool and will mess this up as usual. However, there is an alternate universe somewhere were Blizz finally pulled their heads out of Activisions a$$es. In this universe you can get some unique rewards for leveling (mounts / toys / items), so they don’t feel like time wasted on a chore. A chore somehwere between laundry and dishes.

Just DO IT!

It is time they stop thinking too little too late…

“Oh we gave everyone so much power so quickly over the years we have to scale everyone down” thát made it feel so slow, not the 120 levels.

“Oh we mindlessly added levels every expansion 7 times now, it got too much”

Think ahead. What now? 1- 60 through 7 expansions taking as long as 1-120?

Just give us huge talent trees, more abilities and what not to make us feel like we progress. Stop pruning, start giving us stuff to look forward to AND to actually be able to choose (many talents of the 3 choices per row are utterly garbage…being forced to pick 1 for ST and 1 for cleave…great).

The problem with wow is not the levels an sich.

It’s not getting anything for dinging, not even a point to spend. In every other RPG that I own since the C64 you get something for leveling. Usually you get a point to spend in your talent tree so you can slowly build up towards spells and abilities.

It may seem redundant, because in the end it’s the same thing if you have to spend 4 talent points to get one spell vs getting that spell in 4 levels, but it isn’t. You get to choose where you spend that talent point; even if you go for the exact same character at level 60, up to 60 can differ wildly depending on what order you pick your talents.

In wow you get no choice. You either get a spell or you don’t. If you have to wait 30 levels to finally get… a passive, that’s an immens downer. It wasn’t even your choice: you couldn’t save up for it as it seemed more important to you than that active.

Getting this very obvious “this is what you have to pick” talent choice every 15 levels that stops at 100 is just not enough.

In short:

1. You don’t get a choice at all outside of a few ‘talents’.
  2. You don’t even get that ‘non choice’ every level, which creates empty levels that are meaningless.
  3. Squishing levels isn’t going to solve the absence of player influence.

No, you won’t, because that is literally the whole idea behind the squish, to keep abilities and talents coming steadily throughout the whole process. It’s easier to distribute 20 abilities and 10 talents evenly across 50 instead of 100 checkpoints. Currently leveling past your last ability rewards mostly a few talents, of which some are undeniable the core of your spec ( breath for frost, you play 40 levels without your core ability) but mostly you unlock new mogs and that’s it. The cherry on top of it is 100-120 where you get progressively weaker with every level before then increasing your iLvL past a certain point and feeling slight strength growth again.

Yeah.

If you’re constantly worrying about what might happen in 15 years, you’re deranged. Just so we’re clear, I don’t think you are - I just think you’re trying really hard to find mediocre reasons why a level squish is bad. There may be good reasons, but other than “it’s a lot of work and we may introduce bugs” I’ve yet to see one. There’s a lot of very good reasons Blizzard picked 60 as the level cap for Classic, and Diablo 3 actually.

Let’s focus on solving the issue, keeping the fun, and then we’ll worry about 2035 in 2035.

1 Like

Well I sort of wanted them to scale all the areas up to max level and have a team dedicated to just slowly update stuff. Like for example after dealing with the blue dragonflight’s issues in winterspring, they could had started new stuff there. Like adding in WQ’s to deal with the Echos and also a questline which explain why the wildkins go mad etc. Whould probably also introduce alot of people to the “hidden” wintersaber trainer faction which few new players might know about.

They could also add in new factions or vendors related to old zones, that could have some patterns, formulas etc. that uses old mats. Like a updated version of the Ironfeather set who uses a mix of BfA mats and classic Ironfeather materials. A new health pot variation(equally strong as a Kul’tiran) which uses Ice caps etc.

No but in ESO everything scales to your level.

1 Like

No, your level is scaled to the zone. :stuck_out_tongue:

I know that sounds like a trivial distinction, but in ESO the numbers on mobs don’t change. Your numbers just start out very large and don’t grow much. Incidentally feels a lot better than what WoW does in my personal opinion.

1 Like

levels dropping to about 80 or so would be the right thing to do I would say, and it would not hurt the game at all, it actualy would make it way more bearable to level up new classes or races, though problem is that wow has to many zones, but this could also be fixed, buy making more zones max level, and maby make it a tad longer to level to max. it could also meen some expacs needs a full overhaul, like outland and northrend to make them more appealing to level in again also.

actualy dropping level to 80 would also make more dungeons viable again, and give people more option to gear up chars, considering most most dungeons from wrath to bfa would be max level again also, raids most likely would not realy be that viable again, but people would be able to join them for lfr atleast, even if the gear is not realy in par, but things like M+, having way more options would be quite intresting again.

Orly. Well whichever way they do it, it works the best. Do it that way.

Not biased at all. :innocent:

:smiley:

I think levelling up in ESO gives you like ~50% more stats than you have at level 1, though some stats actually shrink (but you get more choice in how to allocate them, so it’s a net benefit overall), so the game does slowly get easier, but when you reach max level there’s a special heroic version of delves and dungeons and so on that’s harder, and of course the raids which are really hard. At that point gear and extra levelling can make you about twice as strong as you start out as, making you about 3 times stronger than a level 1. Seems perfectly reasonable to me.

i think it would be huge mistake.

i read some responses but what hits me is that nobody asked for most basic question .

does level squish would also mean squish of time needed to get to max level ?

because if not then this change would feel beyond terrible for most players . not only they would be robbed of the hard earned levels they got over years but leveling would suck even more if you know that you gotta spend now instead 30-40 minutes per level 80-100 minutes without any real gains.

personaly i would rather if they introduced new heirlooms (writs, belt, boots, gloves ) possibly with stronger traits (+50-100% xp each ) or cut down severly on time needed to get to 120 ,.

if you were dinging every 15 minutes it would imo feel much much better and energizing then spending 2 hours to get 1 level .

anyone who wants the latter should go and play vanilla and feel how much it sucks to spend 2-3 hours to get 1 level and for example 0,5% crit.

its feel beyond horrible especially when you know that % changes and lowers as you level up.

and to people pointing out ESO - why would you give example of nearly dead mmo as example of good leveling system . ? if it was so amazing game wouldnt be nearly dead.

wont lie - im always a huge enthusiast of talent trees - especially huge ones - love the systems of FF 10 and 12 and the rush you got when you got perfect grids on all toons :slight_smile:

would love to have system like this in wow - thats why i enjoyed legion artifacts a lot - because regardless of which path you took eventually you filled it up completly