Is Enhancement really that bad in PvP?

Do you think Enhancement could work at least in random BGs? I feel really squishy as Elemental + dmg is very low, so i was thinking to switch to Enhancement. I know Enhancement is squishy too, but at least i would be able to do some dmg. As Ele i can’t get even a single cast off vs some melees, i need to rely on Lava Surge procs. And Lava Burst only crits for 13 k lol! It crits for 27k in open world. My only real dmg is Lightning Lasso.
I play Resto as offspec and it’s a lot of fun, but Elemental is probably the squishiest spec i’ve ever played (Astral Shift just doesn’t help at all), even Mage has more survivability. I feel embarrassing how easy can UH DK and Warlock destroy me. They both just outheal all my dmg!
When i get my melee weapons i am planing to give Enh a go, i am sure it can’t be worst then elemental or am i wrong? For random BGs and Arena skirimishes only. I watched some youtube videos about Enhancement destroying 3 opponents in a row, so it might not be that bad?

As elemental you need utilize your cooldown well, like skyfury totem and essences.
None of the classes can do burst w/o cooldowns. You gotta get a hold of em. After these, with earthshock, lasso and some good procs you’re better than most specs in game in terms of burst.

Apart from rogue-mage-warlock (and maybe shadow priests) none of the classes has burst even close to their former self. This is why (imo) EVERY spec whines their class “feels” hollow and clunky. Cus they can’t get people to accually die.

On that spectrum, enhancement is accually at the bottom of barrel. Enhancement has way too many small damage sources and self buffs for indirect damage buffs. Lightning shield for example: Just a small damage sources with no interraction from you. If it didnt exist damage of it could be carried into stormstrike or lava lash etc…

Flametongue and frostbrand AND windfury are same boat. Essence of enhancement is against burst damage.

If you think squishiness of spec is herald of burst damage, you are in for dissappointment.

Enhancement doesn’t have a single “one up” over elemental apart from maybe “feeling of class fantasy” which is completely subjective.

1 Like

short answer - yes
https://xunamate.com/charts

3 Likes

Enhancement is the same witht he difference you have to run to you target to do anything. Aaaand to keep DPS you have to pray to RNGesus for those Stormstrike procs. Keep up the FT & FB and pray for SS.

currently enhance is even unplayable in rng bgs.
I can literally do nothing and my gear is not bad :confused:
tickle healer cause no ms and burst all other melees just roll over you.
Caster are a little better to control but our mobility is so bad that against mages you just wanna jump of a cliff instead; less painful

don’t waste your time gearing up, because as soon as you join a bg as enhance you lose all motivation to invest more time in this spec.

my ilvl 400 dh does more dmg and is more relevant in bgs than my 440 shaman, cool class balance

9 Likes

Enhance is pretty bad when it comes to surviving but the draenei racial really helps with that

Thx, guys, i will stick with my ele/resto then. I thought that instant heal helps Enhancement survivability but i guess i was wrong.

to be fair, ele and resto are not much fun either in bgs.
Ele gets the same way steamrolled as enhance does, the only benefit you have there is that you COULD blow some people up from the backside and hiding behind your team

It did, but then blizzard nerfed it cuz “OP”. :l

You can also support your team with totems as Ele.
Drop that Windrush into your platies rushing and Earthbind on top of enemy group and enjoy the mayhem.

1 Like

makes me woundering why did blizzard create shamans ( which you dont find in anyother games well atleast i havent seen any shamans in other games ) and they treat it like a joke class :confused:

I was in a random bg and was enjoying it on my enhancement of course I wasn’t getting attacked at this time, then I took an arrow to the knee and my shaman was in graveyard.

End story.

5 Likes

They were equavilent on the Horde side to the Palladins.
A strong faith inspired warrior. In case of Shamans it’s a faith in spirits and elemental spirits. In case of Paladins it’s a faith in Light.

Then TBC happened, and these restrictions were removed - and it was even worse each next expansion for shamans.

It seems Blizzard lacks idea for Shamans (which is funny since Ion Hazikostas is playing shaman himself) and are keeping them lowkey on purpose.

1 Like

but seriously they feel like a class that seems blizzard is sorry to bring on :confused: i mean seriously its one of the iconic class and that how its been treated ?

1 Like

in pve shaman is doing ok. sure doesn’t belong in the meta, at least enh and resto but they are playable till you reach the highest lvl.
pvp is just a disaster.

Unfortunately no people work on bfa anymore so they are not doing any balancing at all as it seems, not even in major patches lol

4 Likes

Whats wrong in pvp:

Healing surge healed you for 10000 nature
Swelling waves healed you for 5000 nature
Earth shield healed you for 5000 nature

xD
for a heal skill that is instant and uses 2 resources this is garbage…thats 4% of my hp healed hahahahahaand i can do it 5 times…and then wait 2 mins for my mana to regen. And thats why we suck in pvp. Those numbers need to be 100% more in pvp.

Lets compare that to pve numbers:
Healing surge healed you for 32000 nature
Swelling waves healed you for 16000 nature
Healing surge healed you for 60000 nature (critical)
Swelling waves healed you for 30000 nature
Earth shield healed you for 5000 nature

…No comments!

They created Shamans because they where a rather big thing in the game they stole most things from, Everquest. They also war a thing in warcraft lore even before World of Warcraft.

Problem is Blizzard since vanilla has a problem with Jack of all tre classes. Since dividing up the classes in Heal/Tank/ranged/melee there is no room for jack of all trades and support classes. Ballancing them takes away much of the jack of all trades feel…

In the Shaman class with 3 totally different specs, thats much much more abbundant then in the Druid, that still has some jackyness

Everyone , I understand that on arenas and PvE content Enh sham truly needs help with some stuff , but hell on battlegrounds I feel powerful as an enhance the main issue is that battlegrounds are no longer attractive as other activities and from my point of view are considered second grade content cause the rewards are random (no vendors) the PvP balancing is at its worst. It is sad Bgs are fun to play yet the best rewards come from rated arenas from which you can’t solo que . In my opinion they should add a “competitive” RBG mode where you can que up just like overwatch and earn rating = more rating more powerful gear . There are so many simple minded stuff that they can add to make already existing features in the game more engaging and buffing Enhance kit is also a part of it as well (returning abilities,passives,class wide spells) . No need to wait for shadowlands for them to actually put actual effort for these simple things.

1 Like

They are squishy, no defensive Cds except elemental shift, other than that you have absolutely no other way to survive also healing surge for me crits only 27k max (sacrificing resources) while on elemntal i can crit 60k 4 healing surges and im at full health

They need to revert mana regen nerfs and healing nerfs. Give back shamanistic rage. That would bring us more in line with the defensive toolkit of the rest of the specs in the game.

It’s pretty bad, mostly because of low defenses and no off gcd healing.

You either heal or you do damage, you can;t do both, this puts you at a severe disadvantage, compared to many other classes, in legion it was way better thanks to some artifact traits, it still wasn’t great though.

Damage, is fine, but burst isn’t very high, i think the best course of action for blizzard is to do this.

Make flametongue and frostbrand like windfury, or put them as weapon enhancements like long ago, i would prefer if they made them same as windfury but it’s not a big deal, but they need to go from the rotation, they are disruptive and do not feel good to use, keep the effects, remove them from the rotation, when you get a stormstrike proc chain and you need to reapply these 2 damn buffs it’s not a good feeling.

And instead, reintroduce earth shock as a high burst damage alternative with a requirement, like do x amount of things to do an empowered earth shock, that deals massive damage.

It would be so cool.

We also need some better defensives, or some off gcd healing.