Is everyone soft these days>

I remember years ago you used to be able to have a lot of banter in trade chat etc but now you feel like if you have any form of banter someones just going to get hurt and report you so you’re just gonna get banned

31 Likes

Well use the Trade for… trade instead of a chat room, perhaps? :thinking:

17 Likes

indeed they are

5 Likes

I’m never soft. So no, not everyone.

2 Likes

Exhibit A:

6 Likes

You should see the Wotlk chat channels. Only 2 people chat, sometimes just none

1 Like

Some people seems to use the report function as ‘‘i win if i get you banned function’’

12 Likes

They need a reality check. As in, some basement education. No violence! Just fun times

1 Like

Pretty much comes down to what you consider “banter”…you’d be surprised how many toxic morons think throwing out slurrs and near constant harassment is just “a bit of banter”…

19 Likes

You call everyone soft yet you cry on the forums hmmm

5 Likes

bud… we still exist the normal folk… who like to banter and joke and make light of controversial things…

but like you said we get banned a lot…

i been banned more times than i have fingers and toes.

2 Likes

The issue is rhose that still banter and stuff have moved their conversations else where.

Discord.

Communities.

Whispers

Guilds

As we have learned openly speaking will generate auto bans due to mass reports of those that are offended.

Its not that the community got softer, its just the communities of players who partake in it no longer use public channels for it.

1 Like

Literally nobody does that tho.

Removing chatting from trade chat didn’t make trade come back, it just made the channel dead.

5 Likes

An abusive person doesn’t have limits and always has excuses for his behavior.About time to have them in check.

6 Likes

I do miss the “your mom” banter in Trade. It was neither funny nor original, but it added a certain atmosphere to the game. Preferable to the current boost spam at either rate. No one wants your soon to be irrelevant raid boost, go away annoying spambots.

1 Like

The game has become quitter over the years and therefor boring. Feels like being in a classroom, not allowed to make any noise.

7 Likes

Try the US region it’s literally the opposite of that and feels more liberating tbh.

But yeah nowadays you get silenced for everything i can say oh look my friend has a gashing wound and the imagery of that will get me silenced here because there are snowflakes here.

1 Like

I turn trade chat off in both retail and classic because im not interested in seeing childish people talk about their butthole then insert achievement here.

It’s just sad and immature tbqh.

8 Likes

I feel harder today than back in 2005

But also friendlier.

Yes, chat has changed in Wow. So far, I’ve gotten away pretty clean with me clowning in chats here and there.

To each their own. I keep the Trade channel around but I turn off the Services channel. What I would like though, is the General channels to be realm wide (in their respective zones, though). That’d leave up the Trade channel for it’s actual purpose.

1 Like