Is it just me or Demon Hunter is OP?!

I’ve created DH char and I started at level 8, I can kill many enemies so easy and I have x4 20 slot bags with me from the beginning. I wonder why is this class seems boosted?

1 Like

That’s… far from the class being OP.

If you really wanna gimp yourself, you can freely delete those and get simpler bags, or just dont start with any at all.

3 Likes

Dh and Dk are kinda special as they were introduced as “hero classes”. They weren’t released with the game but in expansions, and unlike other classes they started at a high level, two levels before the level cap of the previous expac but on the other hand in order to play those classes you needed to have another character who had reached the level at which the hero classes started. So you needed a level 58 to create a DK and a level 98 to create a dh.

This was done because since the classes were introduced in expansions blizzard was afraid people would not play the classes if they had to level from scratch and waste time while everyone started to progress in the new expac.

With the leveling revamp in SL things changed obviously. Now you don’t need a previous high level char to play those classes but blizz decided to keep them starting a bit ahead. This is probably because the classes have their own starting zone and narratively speaking it doesn’t make sense for you to be a brand new adventurer in the context of those zones stories and since it isn’t really that big of an issue in the grand scheme of things.

Exiles reach is far more xp efficient than the dh and dk starting zones, so a char of another char will catch up in no time and finish their starting zone before dh and dk can get out of theirs.

1 Like

Well my DH char is at level 21 right now and it’s not bad at all :slight_smile:

DH is not OP. I never got those bags, if I remember correctly. I had to buy my own bags.

Everyone always told me DH is OP, but I have never experienced it in my whole life, it’s always the underdog. I never do even near ‘most damage’, I can’t become higher than 5th in DPS (and even that’s on a good day), I can’t kill most other classes, sometimes not even damage them.

People rag about my ‘low damage’ every single BG, although I am not -that- badly geared (but not very well, either). Then if I mention I can’t kill a firemage, they don’t help by telling me how to do it, but instead they say ‘learn to play’, ‘git gud’, ‘l2p issue’ or something.

DHs are the punching bags of the game, and it continues right down to the toxic BG chat, where people curse, insult, swear and say really weird things (like ‘have you stopped eating cat food yet’, I don’t even understand how this is supposed to work as an insult, it’s just weird).

If you think DH is OP, try playing with normal gear in BGs… you’ll soon be yelled at for your ‘low damage’, no matter how many huntars you kill.

Just FYI, DHs were actually NERFED quite a lot. So, they were “not OP” before, now they’re just weak punching bags.

1 Like

Demon hunter is one of those classes that never clicked for me at all back in legion i managed to level one to 106 and just deleted it in legion.

Only thing i found fun about the class was gliding the gameplay felt too floaty and i hated fel rush i think i died more on DH than on any other class combined when i leveled it.

I loved when dh was True Op in legion and Bfa i enjoyed fighting them or playing as my dh. It is realy fascinating to see DH transform or glide.

It’s just you.

4 Likes

Demon Hunters are rediculously OP, being someone who only made a DH alt in Shadowlands, my view isn’t jaded by the turbo-op god version of DH’s that first launched with Legion.

20% heals popping up left and right from dead mobs, one of the easiest rotations I’ve came across in WoW, literally the movement of a hunter and a mage in one…Vengeful Retreat and Fel Rush are literally just renamed versions of Hunters disengage and Mages blink…lol. Eye beam synergy and eye beam itself only on a 30sec cooldown loool. Magic damage debuff. Solid damage. Strong leggo options etc etc etc

Sorry if Demon Hunters aren’t Illidan-incarnate anymore but they are still massively OP, by any stretch of the imagination.

It’s just you. DH’s were REALLY OP during Legion, now they’re trash. I’m leveling one as we speak and at 58, I can confirm that I’ve died more times since I started SL content than I died in WoW Classic during 1-53. I barely even die when I level something else and I really thought that it’s just me, because retail leveling is a cake, but that’s not the case of DH’s. The nerfs killed the class, at least as far as leveling is considered. I really hope that it will get better at 60.

Not sure where you get the random 20% figure from since this depends on attack power and isn’t a fixed percentage of health. It also depends on mobs dying. On a ST boss fight, there are no soul shard fragments and no healing.

It is pretty straightforward, but it isn’t like hunter is exactly complex.

It’s a melee class. It should have better movement than a ranged class. Part of the trade off for not being in melee range is lower mobility. And you’re a hunter, beast mastery at that. The highest mobility of any ranged class.

Says the hunter who can multi shot any time they have 40 focus… with no cooldown.

Meh. There are a couple of decent ones for multi target, not much for single target.

Havoc can do decent damage, if it’s played well, but it’s very much lower middle of the pack in most situations, which is far from being OP.

But I guess you’re salty because BM hunter is no longer god tier either… like it was in BfA.

XD

/10chars

20% comes from the tooltip, and from wowhead page even, here…, take your blindold off and read :slight_smile:

Also, boo hoo cheif, no one else gets soul fragments for single target :sweat_smile:

Where did I once say Hunter was a complex rotation champ ? Not once, I said DH is ONE OF THE easiest I’ve came cross, right up there with BM lol why so defensive ?

Yeah, no lol no other melee can disengage and blink lolll sorry.

What has multi shot got to do with anything ? Bleast Cleave is hard capped at 5 targets and was only recently buffed ? You ok ?

lol BM was god tier in BfA, for a patch and literally only because we were getting massive amounts of primary stat and secondary stat from corruptions and azerite in 8.3.

Really love how you took me speaking the truth about my opinion of DHs, as a personal attack on your illidan-waifu :smiley:

Unreal lol

So which one is it? You called out defensive behaviour but you reacted exactly the same lol. DHs arent bad right now but they arent OP neither.

Is… is just muh opinion MAYN!

It’s hardly defensive, it’s replies to the post who qouted me… lol ?

Also, like how you turned one sentence into two. I’m giving my trutfhul opinion of DHs…what is so hard to understand there ?

Ah, Wowhead. The source of all accurate information. I mean, they’ve only posted twice this patch (so far) that my main spec was getting nerfed when the change was actually a buff. Not exactly a reliable source you have there.

Paladin has divine shield, rogue has cloak of shadows, shadowstep, sprint, vanish, etc. You seem to assume a spec’s abilities are inferior because the playstyle is different.

And havoc was god tier for roughly the same length of time, and for similar reasons - borrowed power from azerite and corruptions. Without borrowed power, havoc is a shell.

I know DH is handicapped by only having 2 specs to choose from when every other class has 3, but it’s still funny how many people think DH = havoc.

Check your tooltip in game then ?

Wow… lol

Your opinion is just that - an opinion.

It’s also funny how many people think ‘my opinion’ = fact.

1 Like

So your opinion is fact then ?

lol