Is it true that during Pre-Patch game will be almost unplayable?

Like will those zombies be there 24/7 for months? Or is it just an event like 1h a day? Because if its 24/7 i need to cancel my sub until Shadowlands.

Apparently intensity of invasions will increase weekly ,starting super low and peaking just before SL.
i would say ,no need to cancel sub :stuck_out_tongue:
Not to mention that prepatch content usually rewards powerful items which are going to be helpful while leveling thru SL.

1 Like

as far as has been speculated… Currently the Devs are gauging player reaction to the scourge event… which means currently its Likely happening on PTR at a Increased Rate comparitively to what it will be like on live.

I imagine the last week before SL it maybe this hectic, but i doubt they will drop this during the time people are trying to do the New Quests at this intensity.

their testing how far they can go… so it doesnt become a problem on live… i find it unlikely blizz would try agitate players to that degree xD

Wasn’t there an event like this in WotLK prepatch?

1 Like

They seem to be modelling it off the old scourge invasions such as the one that preceded naxx and the one where players could become ghouls; if they base it more off the former it will be constant but rotating between zones; if it’s more like the latter it will be constant and at least some zombies will be under intelligent control by a player.

Here’s the old scourge events:
https://wow.gamepedia.com/Scourge_Invasion
https://wow.gamepedia.com/Zombie_Infestation

And here’s what we know from the PTR:

Hope this helps.

1 Like

Yes and it caused so many complaints that Blizzard cancelled it early, can see the same debacle happening again tbh. I actually quit playing myself until it was removed

2 Likes

dependant on your character. Main? Probably not. Alt? Possibly.

Im more interested in transmog stuff

Yes. Thats the whole point. Back then it was Arthas that did it. Then after Wotlk Bolvar kept the scourge in check so they wouldnt attack anyone. Now there is no longer a Lich King so all the undead without a “brain” or those loyal to Arthas are now going on a rampage. Thats what Terenas warned us about would happen if there were no Lich King

3 Likes

Alts yes ,i meant to say prepatch is good for alt catch up .

2 Likes

It’s been totally unplayable for low levels yes.

But there was a tweet from one of the devs saying that when it’s live it’ll only be up for an few hours at a time rather than the 24/7 on ptr

3 Likes

there was and it was intense as hell and Litterally caused such outrage blizzard hasnt step foot towards this style since

im very suprised they’re trying it again… i expected this to be closer to legion prepatch.

Where on set timers different zones turned into massive graveyards and we saw undead Pouring out of the ground xD

Aye, its just being stress tested currently alot of people are unhappy they can try out All the new content on PTR though and Irritated that they’re stuck in loops of zombies… but how else can they make this stable realistically.

2 Likes

It won’t be months, a few weeks - maybe as many as five or six.
It won’t be everywhere on the world at once. Mostly it will be in Stormwind or Orgrimar or Icecrown. If a city is being invaded go to another city if you need to do city stuff.

Enjoy it while it lasts it’s a one-off event which will be talked about for years. People will say “I wish I could have experienced that event sounds like it was some fun.”.
Spoil-sport QQers complained about the Wrath one instead of embrassing it and having some fun and then Blizzard gave us boring events in Cata and Mop that I can barely remember, something about cultists with leaflets in Stormwind and a hot-air balloon arriving.
Become a zombie for a while, infect people. Do the quests, get some decent catch up gear on your alts.

Make the most of Pre-Patch, you have two years until the next one.

1 Like

It will be wave based on the main capital cities. It wont be impossible to level alts, do you think Blizzard would really screw everyone over by making their brand new leveling experience they want to show off to everyone unplayable? No.

I believe it’s the week 2 event

Currently on the ptr there are only a few hot spots that allow for huge amounts of zombies to spawn.
In most zones there won’t be endless streams. Some towns are completely safe against the NPC zombies, as they won’t attack any of the towns people. After a few minutes they all die and it’s fine.

Areas such as the SW docks and Dalaran (Legion) are hot spot as they have instant respawns for a lot of npcs.

Side note: Only humanoids get turned, doing a quest that doesn’t involve humanoids is much safer.
As is dreanor questing, there is as far as I have found. Not a single way to get there without losing the ghoul form or infection, resulting it in being completely safe from any scourge.

Anything that requires teleportation is generally safe.

1 Like

What? Like they did with the Wrath pre patch you mean?

Oh i forgot about the complete level revamp and zone scaling and new starting zone of WotLK. Sorry.

People went far and wide to disrupt all corners of the world the last time this event was live. Even levelling in the outback you’d come to hand in your quests and find the place infected. It will be disruptive but only for a short time.

3 Likes

im hoping for event twice as deadly as wotlk
totally unplayable would be fun, zombies all over, rage all over that peoples cant farm their last mog pieces or whatever
gonna start looking for a nice spot to watch the happening

It’s a zombie apocalypse: expect a little disruption.

“The Deeprun tram is going to be closed, but a rail replacement meat wagon service will be operating between Stormwind and Ironforge. We apologise for any inconvenience caused by our rampage across Azeroth”
-The Scourge.

7 Likes

+equips wrathion trinket or deathwing daggers+

Im up for it!