Is it worth buying dragonflight?

I haven’t yet but I will. The pre-purchase hasn’t hooked me in so far. Dragonflight does seem like they are moving in the right direction with a lot of things.
There are some worrying indications about their end-game grinds. They were lengthened on the test versions recently. Zereth Mortis was a reasonable grind, Korthia wasn’t. I hope they have learnt that grinds aren’t fun and they don’t get more player engagement.

Of course it is worth buying but WoW is not really worth playing currently until the pre-patch. Separate issues. As for pre-order, you will get to play a Dracthyr in pre-patch so… just wait until then I suppose, or whenever you have the funds.

If you aren’t into levelling and the lore though… no, I imagine not. But that is what I would say to anyone playing an MMORPG. I find end game endlessly boring.

I am actually having a blast.
Better then entire 9.1 and 9.2 :rofl:

Honestly if i read some people their comments you already played DF? i can tell you this from beta testing it, the new levelling zones - crafting - dragon riding - is atm an awesome experience, if you say well we are going to level till 70 and grind rep rep - m+ - raid etc yes what did you expect its going to be? Its an mmo after all right. What they are doing now is actually what most people wanted for a long time. The new talent trees gives you so much freedom also it will give people to see who is smart and knowledgeable how to build their character, some people will have a build that will be great other will have one well that will be bad tbh. The game is fun atm in DF.

1 Like

Each to their own. Respamming dungeons for gear that will be replaced soon enough is the epitome of dull for me. Gone to do the story of another MMO instead. I figured OP wasn’t interested in it either or they’d be having fun rn.

1 Like

You sir must be purrrrrrged of the malady that possessed you.

1 Like

peon treat dragonflight like he treat shadowlands

not buy or try but follow what people say about it and watch some video clip and pic

peon is classic andy but wish retail players a good time nonetheless

5 Likes

That is every WoW season ever though.
Raiding, M+ and Pvp gear get replaced after X amount of months.
Applying your logic basicly prevents you from ever playing this game… (and any MMORPG ever)

No, it’s alright to begin with but with the expansion round the corner it feels like a waste of time and there are more interesting things for me to do and other games to play. Like I have experienced all the content now - there is no new raid. Why bother? Just not for me. I enjoy story more.

This is the only game I bother with group content though, quite happy to just see the story and level in other MMOs. End game is just not for me.

Me aside, others obviously do enjoy it but the OP seems to not be currently nor looking forward to the next expansion end game. I’m just saying, I think it is at least worth a month or so to play without end game. And whilst £45 is a lot… single player games are the same price and take just as long to complete. The sub for a month is like a cinema ticket. Seems completely reasonable to me.

That’s bieing true.
Same logic can be applied for mid-xpack content though.
Why raid Castle Nathria if there is a new raid in 3-4 months?
I understand your logic but I just think it’s silly.
If somebody enjoys the content, it doesn’t matter what the future holds.
You live in the moment, not the future nor the past!

I’d actually say the single player games these days are 60-70 euro’s and take about 10-15hrs on average to complete.

It’s more expensive then visiting a theme park :scream:!

Well for me I stop when I finish normal :slight_smile: I then try to do M+ to the ilevel of what 15s will get you.
I might continue running the normal to help other people but once they go HC I am not interested.

And my goodness!! It has been a while since I got single player games. I looked at the Hogwarts one and was SHOCKED! It was £30 last I bought one T_T
May wait until it is on sale or game pass.

That is another point! If in doubt there will always be a sale on the expansion at some point or a f2p weekend.

2 Likes

Have you ever played any MMORPG except WOW? I guess not, cause you know nothing. Just one example of hundreds, all content in ESO is still actual even after 8 years (gear, raids, arenas, dungeons). On the other side, the actual content in wow is only the current patch.
So what about pointless comments?

1 Like

This is an interesting comment… sorry for budding in on this but depends on what single player game some games i can easily play 60 hours before completing it story wise and if i really enjoy it it can take even longer if i decided to collect everything in that specific single player game

1 Like

No in my 22 years of videogames I have NEVER touched another MMORPG! :roll_eyes:

Can you please not act like you know other ppl? Appreciate it.

Nice hiding on your 2 post toxic char btw.

Here eat a :chocolate_bar: you seem hungry.

I didn’t act at all just read your amazing wonderful and of course expert opinion about other MMORPGs. Just one example I gave ruined all your attempts to justify terrible progression mechanics in wow.

Isn’t these your words?

Honestly, the only reason for pre-purchasing is when you are totally happy with the alpha/beta state.

Paying before it launches tells the developer you think they’re going in the right direction. If you don’t feel that’s true, always wait for release, make your choice then.

Even if you are likely to buy it at launch anyway. Holding onto your cash makes them keep thinking about why people aren’t prepared to commit yet and forces internal reviews to ask if there are annoying systems players might have concerns about. This is a good thing! :smile_cat:

1 Like

That’s true, you gave a good example off a game where it (possible?) does not apply.

This does not mean I have never played games that do exact what Wow does for “Gear Progression” like Tera, Blade and Soul, etc…

This however does not justify your toxic behavior. You could’ve just as well reacted in a proper manner. :person_shrugging: .

wait for it to fully release then decide…

dont fall for the pre-purchase hype.

Yea? Example -I did grind Maw, just finished it and after 2 weeks patch nullified all my grind,its became pointless, same with Korthia, I was grinding it I dunno for 2 months or so, boom patch,and its became worthless. Grind hard, booom mega catch up.
It’s better to play at end of the expansion.

Catch up? My mates joined end of the expansion and somehow they had to grind like X10 less and they did catch me.