Is killing 98-110 toons doing legion assaults griefing as 120?

no, thats being an inconsiderate pleb. pvp is what takes place in bgs or arena, or similar, but in the open world like the legion pvp wq’s. not a 120 one shotting a 100.

to you both, that was not the original question, and the original question has been answered.

That has always been World PvP. The reason it never happened pre-bfa is because PvP realms were dominated by one faction. If you were the minority faction then that as your game play.

This is NOT new.

Edit: Legion PvP world quests were effectively PvE. I could count the number of times I was attacked with one hand through Legion.

then just remove the buff for wm? just have the choice for pvp flagged or not. then people who want to world pvp can all be together, and all the masses of people (myself included when on alts) doing it for the bonus xp (and to a FAR lesser degree, the bonus azerite/gold/resources) wont be getting mixed up in things.

i am SOOOO glad that there is arena/bg’s cause thats what i consider REAL pvp. no skill or reward in a 120 killing a lvl 15 or whatever. kinda pathetic tbh. i am glad i never went on a pvp server. sometimes you just want to fish without being disturbed.

while this was mainly true on the tower quests (mainly cause there would be no reason for opposite faction to be there as it would not be a wq for them, but on the 500 honor wq, esp the arena one in Val’sharah was constantly people fighting each other. maybe you just got there at quiet times always.

I agree completely but the stark reality is that there wouldn’t be be enough people to fill one area of a zone. When this was announced I regularly made a joke about WM being all rogues in stealth waiting for more rogues.

Legion proved that [most] people dont PvP for the fun of PvP.

1 Like

If you have warmode on then you are fair game, no matter what level you are. Ganking has always existed and will never stop.

1 Like

WM is deliberatley designed to allow it, therefore impossible to be against rules. WPvP equals kill on sight, levelling or world questing, you are a target. And why not.

1 Like

It’s not there to be used as another 3 heirlooms, if you want the bonus, then you’re going to have to fight for it. If 120s want to gank, then that’s their prerogative. You’ll just have to suck it up, level up, or turn it off.

It isn’t griefing. If you knowingly and willingly run around with a target on your forehead, sooner or later someone’s gonna take you out. The fact that you’re levelling makes no difference whatsoever.

And I’m not even a PvP player. I tend to get angry and frustrated, that’s why I keep WM off, whether I’m levelling or not.

Yeah, how? The only thing “typical” here is your comment. I’ve seen you post it multiple times, yet you never enlighten us as to what any of these improvements could be.

There is no honor in killing lowbies - such gankers are coward by nature.

Warmode on/off is just excuse.

Thats kind of the problem with wm in my opinion . World pvp did happen on pvp servers ofcourse but it wasnt kill on sight, alot of people also just wanted to get their quests or farming done. Wpvp was fun because you never knew what you were getting when you encountered the other faction. while wm is basicly horde on steroids with huge groups of them everywhere corpse camping or camping gys. Also the sharding seems to have alot more people. I never saw so many people in the world in ages.

world pvp was fun no matter the faction on pvp servers, while WM just gets frustrating quickly due to the huge number of people being put together with an incredible inbalance

There always were people who ganked lowbies, but the number of these kind of gankers have increased alot with wm

WM is also PvE… but it is PvP first. Otherwise, no reason to enable it.

There is much more activity in WM than my old PvP realm Defias. Love it!

Everyone in WM is fair game for PvP at any time. You make a choice to enable WM, a no rules PvP mode, accept consequences.

What about the whole babbling about honour?
I think it’s really disrespectful to kill people under your level … Where is Saurfang?

It’s okay to gank, unless human male toon is doing this.

*Alliance. I meant Alliance.

This is just why the bonus exist

I don’t like killing lowbies either but you actually have the option to come back later or turn wm off

Legion invasions are already XP pinata. If you’re greedy enough for a bit more and turn WM on, you should count with the consequences. Killing lowbies is stupid but you’ve opted for that.

Is the correct answer.

2 Likes

Not an excuse. The entire point of the 30% buff is to account for your constant deaths.

Now, my question is whether Blizzard have extended the PvP scaling for lvls 111-120 to every single level. getting ganged up on by roughly equally leveled characters I can accept, but getting killed in a single auto-attack because a 12 year old who couldn’t win a fair fight finds it funny is harder to put up with.

Yeah, how? The only thing “typical” here is your comment. I’ve seen you post it multiple times, yet you never enlighten us as to what any of these improvements could be.
[/quote]

I’ve done that plenty of times. Probably in the very last thread where someone like you posted a thoughtless throwaway one liner like “if its red its dead hyuk hyuk” or “if u didn’t want pee vee pee you shouldn’t haff turned warmode on lawlz!”

I get it, you don’t like me but comment on the topic at hand, you always comment on my comments without actually adding your own. Ironic.

I don’t follow your posts religiously, fair enough, but the past two times I’ve seen you mention this, it was the exact same response. That’s why I brought it up.

Probably? Right…

The fact that you’re defending your thoughtless, throwaway one-liners by claiming I was posting thoughtless, throwaway one-liners is pretty laughable, tbh.

Yep.

I also notice that you STILL haven’t said what these improvements could be…

I don’t even know you, so don’t try to pull that one.

1 Like

Invasions are great. I just did one. Got a whole level for very little effort and in less time than questing.
Got killed twice by an edgy 120 dh on some quest in some canyon like terrain, so when i rezzed the 2nd time i ran into a horde grp of 5 or 6 and we huddled in a corner of the canyon and pulled quest mobs until completion.
Dh didn’t come around anymore. :stuck_out_tongue: