Is Multiboxing Gathering against ToS?

I can imagine the old blizzard devs seeing multiboxers in the game for the first time and saying to themselves, wow this guy is spamming 7 arcane explosions at once and one shotting people! “Well, he’s paying for multiple subs, as long as that’s more money in my pocket we’ll let him do what he wants” and since then they never changed the rules about boxers

1 Like

Oh don’t argue with me about it. I personally consider multiboxing the very same as cheating, especially since 99% of multiboxers use third party programs to enable multiboxing in the first place.

It’s just that Blizzard does not, thus it’s not against the rules. It’s that simple.

Edit: For further clarification and an official statements, see https://eu.battle.net/support/en/article/11704

They legalized mariejoana in California, I think they’re wild enough to legalize multiboxing in wow mmkay

I would be curious to see their policy on using a program to perfectly execute your rotation by pressing 1-button.

There’s been one button macros since TBC. I don’t think creating anything very different from a one button macro would be easily possible, due to things such as proccs, etc.

Not sure how it’d be if there was a program, AddOn, or similar, that would change your 1 button to whatever skill would be best to press next. Like a rotation helper that changes gives you a big glowing button you can press? May be against ToS, may not be, I’d refer to blue post(er)s for things such as that.

5x Multiboxer myself.

2 Likes

You may not like it and even consider it cheating. But Blizzard doesnt. Its their game and their rules.

That being said, multiboxers are sometimes pushing the envelope on what is considered fair and we have to be very carefull on what we are doing. Sadly there can sometimes be a couple bad apples in the community, that tries to exploit pretty obvious areas. This has to be cracked down on on a case by case basis. The gms are decent at contacting said players and letting them know whats not ok to do.

Yet another those topics… Just let me ask - if you and your friend both are herbers, is you both picking a herb up against TOS ? Ask this next time you log on.

That’s not what I was saying… I meant they make nodes vanish… and that is a pain when one person taps it 10 times.

I paid my subs up with real money myself.

Shouldn’t be legal cause the only input your doing as a multiboxer is the very initial input on one character and the rest goes through software <.<. This literally should be against TOS as far as im concerned, basically as bad as botting.

6 Likes

Blizzard says this is ok, that you, yourself, is pressing the button. If 30 other events also happens on other games, because of your single keypress, thats totally fine. They deem this ok within their rules. As long as there is no automation involved.

They are very capable of figuring this out very quickly, if you are automating. They are running advanced anti botting software now that tracks every keypress, down to the millisec, intervalls etc.etc They can easily get a profile with graphs that show your playtime, keypresses, if its within human capability etcetc.

Nowadays they will do certain tests very fast, espesically if reported for possible cheating by other players, and you WILL be banned, within even 10 min, if you are indeed AFK and still pressing keys / botting.

With all those people afk botting (using auto clickers or whatever) during the release days of WoW classic, I find that statement difficult to believe. Also with all the times I’ve reported people for botting and saw them the next day, at the very same location, still botting, I find it even more difficult to believe.

You will be banned, at some point, but that quickly? I doubt it.

Within 10 minutes no. They have banwaves.

They do run tests on you, and if you are not quick enough to “reply”, they will have little choice but to believe that you are afk: and ban you. On the spot. The only exception as i can see it, is if you are running a bot, that they wish to investigate further, before they include you in the next upcoming banwave.

This is why i now always will stream myself live, sitting there pressing the buttons infront of the clearly visible wall of monitors. Better odds to fight off a “false positive”. Its incredibly quick to just check a random website and then time flies… time i should be using scanning each game for a possible “bot check”. Lets just say ive been caught offguard on a few accounts in the past, its incredibly annoying and /facepalm myself. I have max 30 secs to scan each game, in order to complete one round of checking all the games. This can be tedious work, as you can imagine.

I have boxed for over 10 years… I know I have been reported many, many times in that time period. I have never been contacted by a gm for it, nor have I had any “test”. I even called them up about boxing and they put a note on my account.

They do run various tests and they have banned within around 10 min. I know. Stand still farms, rekilling mobs over and over is high risk of getting reported by others. These tests can be, teleporting you around, disable the hotbars, killing you and leaving you on the graveyard, logging certain games out and much more. Trust me im playing ping pong responding to all these. Its very obvious, if you sit there and see it. Reason i got banned was i missed some teleports, the characters was only moved around 50 yards to a ledge, looking into nothingness. The second i saw them i realized around 10 min had lapsed and i was able to type a message in /s on them, but shortly thereafter they got banned. Luckily only those accounts got banned, not all 8 on the battlenet account.

Don’t stand still afk farm then?

I’m a considerate boxer… I don’t pvp box, I help others… I don’t stay in a zone farming mobs… that kind of thing is very annoying for others, especially when they are trying to quest.

If you can’t see them all easily then your attention isn’t fully on the game windows because you have too many (how is that even playing?) This is why I only play 3.

If you didn’t notice for 10 mins then ban deserved… it’s boxers like you that give boxers like me a bad name.

2 Likes

If they have more than 2-3 they are most likely using some kind of botting tools.

But Blizz ignores it for the most part since they pay multiple subscriptions.

Think a common Multiboxer tool is GSE which seems to circumvent blizzards attempt at blocking one button macros.

2 Likes

I use spell for spell, but I have known many solo players using that addon.

Blizz allow it because it still falls into the one keypress = one action rule.

1 Like

Obviously im not doing “stand still afk farming”: i wouldnt have had any accounts left if i did. Yes its my own fault for letting my attention lapse. Its a costly error and not one i want to happen again. I dont disturb areas which involves mobs that are included in quests. That would be called distrupting gameplay for others. I could get banned if i did that.