Is the Horde unredeemable at this point?

Oh, that’s fair. To each their own, as they say.

Well to be fair, Zandalar isn’t that much better.

I only like Vol’dun because it does have a fair linear path, with some interesting lore surrounding the Sandfury Trolls, the old favourites from Tanaris.

1 Like

How about not constantly starting world wars in the first place? Or maybe not acting like a total scumbag? For example during the Alliance assault on one of the Icecrown gates, Horde soldiers ambushed the Alliance and attacked them instead of fighting together against a common enemy. The end result were hundreds of new soldiers for the Lich King.

The Alliance cannot even trust the Horde, when they’re fighting a common enemy. Legion started on the same note. The distrust and outright hatred of the Alliance against the Horde was somewhat unjustified during Warcraft 3, but the longer WoW ran the more justified the Alliance has become as the game gives us constant examples.

The amount of war crimes the Horde has committed stands in absolutely no comparison to everything the Alliance has done so far. The fact that Blizzard has to resort to Taurajo and Dalaran in order to even give some Horde characters a motivation tells us everything about the whole ‘cycle of hatred’ thing. Cataclysm launched at the end of 2010. That was over eight years ago. Blizzard resorts to use something that was written eight years ago.

It’s actually not the same because Daelin would take on the role of Yrel and not Grommash, because Daelin watched as countries were burned by the Horde similar to Yrel.

Maybe genocide would be too far but putting the Horde under supervision or some of the more violent parts back into camps becomes a more reasonabale approach as the expansions go by as the narrative itself gives this idea plenty of support. First Garrosh, then Sylvanas and two world wars in five years all the while ‘honorable’ orcs like Saurfang even support the idea of an offensive war.

If even someone like Saurfang cannot be trusted to keep the peace, then the only option left is to put the Horde under Alliance supervision in order to ensure that no problematic elements rise up.

As I said before I dislike this theme as much as everyone else, but the story keeps feedings us this idea: The Horde cannot be left to their own devices.

5 Likes

Do they actually resort to Taurajo to give Horde players a motivation? As far as I know that was never referenced again after Cataclysm, and they even tried to paint Hawthorne positively.

Well, to be honest, the Darkspear would be fine on their little island paradise worshipping Bwonsamdi and palying with their raptor hathclings (as a bonus, the Zandalari were and would be totally fine with the Alliance and not really cared about the horde nonsense, even after Talanji’s ascension, she remained as an independent power allied with the horde, kinda like the Shal’dorei), the Tauren would be fine in Mulgore and Highmountain, the Pandaren… no much to see here, move on… heck, even most of the Orcs are tired of the constant “hey, lets start a world war… again! For muh glory and honor!” I think!
The Blood Elves are…Fel, they even tried to rejoin the Alliance at one point! But they are inherently isolationsits… would be fine
The undead a bit too eager to wipe out the living and dropping the blight… they can’t be trusted, sadly
Nor the Goblins…
But most of the Horde, without a homicidal murderer as a Warchief would be totally fine with the peace and living alongside of the Alliance…

2 Likes

In a way?

There was that leatherworking quest thingy with the drums, where on the alliance side, you were helping a Night Elf referencing Teldrassil and on the horde side, a Tauren referencing Taurajo.

Led to a lot of fun memeing about Taurajo and Teldrassil seemingly being seen as equivalents.

Can’t name anything else off the top of my head.

Which makes the entire basis upon which this conflict is built upon moot. Sylvanas believes that war is inevitable, when facts show that Alliance and Horde races can perfectly coexist.

In a way?

There was that leatherworking quest thingy with the drums, where on the alliance side, you were helping a Night Elf referencing Teldrassil and on the horde side, a Tauren referencing Taurajo.

Led to a lot of fun memeing about Taurajo and Teldrassil seemingly being seen as equivalents.

Can’t name anything else off the top of my head.

Ah yes, of course, I remember that. I hope those people were joking or they have some mental issues. Teldrassil and Taurajo are very clearly NOT the same.

1 Like

In certain Horde palyers eyes, Taurajo where we left open gaps for the civis and anybody else to escape was a greater tragedy than: Southshore, Gilneas (we have it but civilians can’t return), Theramore, Teldrassil and Brennadam!

I just don’t argue with them anymore.

1 Like

I don’t understand why people get so shocked about Sylvanas’ actions.

Guys, she’s been doing this crazy sh!t for nearly 15 years (even before Cataclysm and the experiments on Human body-parts and the occasional Dwarf.)

At this stage, I just see the character as “entertainment.”

Well, they could have easily written a more balanced story, but for some reason decided not to. I’m quite sure Horde players have plenty other motivations to play their race/faction than Taurajo and Dalaran, but we have to work with what we get and on the moral justification front, we get very little lately :wink:

At that time, Daelin was in the wrong though. It isn’t like he had a crystal ball or something. If they’d let him have his way then, we would have a whole other, and certainly more interesting story. But Alliance can’t do no wrong, so we don’t.
If anything, I think the fact that his gloomy predictions prove true in the end sends a very questionable message.

5 Likes

He was in the wrong to just go full genocide route, mostly because I doubt he actually had the resources and numbers to go through with the genocide. He was, however, not wrong to demand retribution for Thrall’s actions in Lordaeron – That is, starting a rebellion that ravaged Lordaeron and distracted the Alliance from the threat rising in the North.

Your final conclusion only strengthens my point. If one warchief is enough to send the Horde onto a genocidal rampage, then leaving them without supervision is gross negligence. You’re basically living on borrowed time until the next warchief with ill-intent comes around to start another war and kill a few thousand more of your people.

We had Garrosh, then we had the reasonable Vol’jin and now Sylvanas is warchief and oh boy another Alliance city nuked. Oh, and this time around the warchief has the support of the people…apparently…which makes it all the worse.

Well I said it before: I dislike this fact just as much as everyone else. The problem is that Blizzard tries to portray someone like Saurfang as a good guy, but at the same time he had no problems with an offensive war against the night elves and the Alliance (a fact they try really hard to gloss over), and seemingly the only reasonable orc is Thrall who grew up with humans…which is just as questionable.

1 Like

Nobody but you mentioned the stuff from Lordaeron which was by no means Thrall’s fault. He demanded justice for the stuff that happened when Thrall was still in the custody of Blackmoore. Blaming Thrall for Lordaeron getting wrecked is a new low. Even for you usual trolling. :wink:

First claim, you don’t know that. I’ve seen a fair amount of people on the internet making the same argument. And even if that weren’t the case, I don’t care. The truth isn’t what the majority claims.

Thrall played a major role in the fall of Lordaeron, albeit indirectly. He started a rebellion in the south regions of the kingdom which distracted it from the real threat in the north, as could be heard from the intro cinematic of humans. They were busy dealing with the orcs to care about the plague, and who freed many of said orcs? Who delivered a great blow to the Alliance by attacking one of their military garrisons and hijacking several war ships? Hint: His real name starts with “G”.

And by the way, to be more precise Daelin demanded retribution for what the orcs did during the Second War, when they ravaged Lordaeron and Kul Tiras and incinerated his son and heir. It doesn’t help the fact that Thrall named his capital after the war criminal who started the Second War in the firstt place.

Also, I’ll just dismiss the troll claim. That’s the argument people use when they don’t have arguments.

1 Like

He did not. He broke free, got all the Orcs with him, went to Southshore to get ships and left Lordaeron towards Kalimdor for good. Because Medivh, a human mage, told him to do so. Terenas could have done the same if he would have just listened. Same for Arthas and Antonidas.

He broke free after destroying Durnholde and organizing a military expedition on Stratholme to rescue Eitrigg. And to get to said ships they had several fights with Alliance troops stationed outside of Southshore. About Southshore’s fleet, that was the reason Daelin first attempted to pursue the Horde, before they came across the Darkspear island. He wanted to retrieve the stolen ships. Also, the first mission in the Human campaign literally tells you that King Terenas was forced to take drastic measures to stop the orcs’ uprisings throughout Lordaeron.

Yes, he listened to Medivh after he had a dream of the Legion coming to kill everyone. No, Terenas and the other leaders of Lordaeron did not listen to him, because they were busy resolving the orcs’ uprising, and because evacuating an entire continent just because a wanderer said so is mongoloid.

And I did not say that he caused the fall of Lordaeron, so learn to read. I said he played a major role indirectly in the fall of Lordaeron.

1 Like

It makes me curious why medivh didnt bring evidence of his claims.
I mean he shoud have known he sounded like a raving mad man.

Medivh’s logic actually makes me mad.

Of course the leaders of Lordaeron weren’t going to listen to him, since he literally gave them no reason to believe he was telling the truth. And even if he was, the idea itself would just be impossible to follow. You can’t just move the entire population of multiple kingdoms on the other side of the ocean in time to fight the Legion.

So Medivh, after failing to provide any evidence as to why Lordaeron should trust him, just arrogantly claims that they chose their destiny. They didn’t “choose their destiny” as much as they did what any logical person would: ignore a random madman who is spouting BS.

1 Like

Your knowledge of human lore is impressive.

I mean, thank you, but you don’t need to know Human lore to understand that. What kind of king does what a random madman tells him to do, with no proof whatsoever to back their claim?