Is there actually anything that indicates 9.1 is supposed to be better than the current clown fiesta?

I went through some changes for 9.1, but I see literally nothing that would tell me its going to be any better. Few melees boosted, more mortal strikes, mage swaps from fire to frost or just handle a small nerf. The biggest balance offenders doesnt seem to be nerfed and new ones seem to arise.
Also I found zero information about any proper gear catch up, so the season doesnt end up being free for certain ppl. Is there really nothing and if we dont have 226 gear now, we just start with the garbage we have?
The fact that I will have to farm 2 gears for pvp and pve doesnt make me feel any better either.
So is there any reason to play the next season?

they think about it, probably down the line 4 month with 9.1.5 to add a conquest weekend (LOOOOOOOL)

I don’t remember exactly what ilvl fully upped honor gear will have, but it might be 226 or 220 and thus after the first week you can technically get closer to the 226 guys, but falling maybe 1-2 weeks behind in the process of climbing. Of course depending on how much honor you can farm quickly etc.

But yeah if you just jump arena, it will be the same as right now. You can just catch up with honor or pve gear in the first weeks while being at a lesser disadvantage than usual.

Anyways regarding specs etc. we see some changes in pvp talents but mostly it will be the same busted specs as usual.

op confirmed:
mage (fire/frost) + one shot invisible fiesta of arcane mage
feral
arms
ret
assa rogue
BM (2s)

Potential:
Spriest
destro/demo
dh
unholy
MM/Surv

Staying same:
Enh/ele
frost dk
ww

going down:
boomkin
sub
affli

potential gear scaling can change all of that and is only my limited opinion =)

1 Like

Do they allow us to farm the honor gear in the “empty” week between seasons or not even that? I can imagine one could farm one char with premade and no life to get into competitive lvls of gear, but thats still pretty garbage solution I would say. I see no reason not to give ppl a chance to farm the gear and catch up already today. Its not like high rated pvp exists at this point since everybody sits their glad/r1 and pvp could be sort of alive a bit again.
Affli lock going down makes me a giggle a bit, but yea, affli warlock doesnt seem to be viable for pvp in SL, especially with all the ridiculous melees and its going to be even worse.
Sub needs a burst nerf, but I feel like assa is already better anyway.
I wish I could believe gear scaling will change anything, but they said it in alpha, beta, prepatch, start of the season and look where are we…
Oh well, what will I do before the new PoE league starts then? Looks like I will have to go and live my life outside after all.

If you are referring to Arcanosphere PvP talent being casted in Mass Invis, that interaction has been removed on the PTR.

Other then that, 20 specs from your list from 36 total is…not bad at all?

2 Likes

Really? I didn’t really bother with demo so far because i absolutely dislike the playstyle, but what in these changes make them potentially op? I honestly just saw the Fel Lord changes. :joy:

Imagine being at the bottom already and go down even further…

Was there any other nerf to affli except the idiotic corruption slow and the fact that melees are getting boosted in general?

Not that i know. Damage got shifted a bit from MR into dots which is actually good.

The slow was idiotic anyways. Good riddance still.

If you are looking for reasons to play,i think its time to take a break from wow.

1 Like

But I have a break from wow for 90% of the time, waiting for X to get reasonable enough to come back. Unfortunately at this point all my other games failed me too :X

Nope.

You get to repeat same stuff you have to do atm.

Covenant,anima,conduits,new maw farm,torghast etc.Deja vu at its finest…Currency has different name,but its all the same.

7 specs that are most likely op. The rest we will need to see how it shapes.
I am not a professional pvper so take my opinion on what is good / bad not for granted.

and yea I didn’t say it is bad, just saying that it will be again very common specs that will dominate pvp yet again =)

don’t know, just remember some changed, maybe I recalled it wrong.

well there will be always a bottom where your devs will tell you that they rather not want to play the spec eheheh

that was the biggest negative change, other than that they got some pvp talents that are interesting, but you have to waste more globals to slow people and I guess you have than not enough time to do anything else while also only running away.

actually no idea. Yet the better question will be if the new honor gear will also have renown gated upgrades to max after like 8 weeks xD
If yes then say good bye to catching up at all

1 Like

No. We get some new PvP Talents and a bit more HP, damage and Vers but does the gameplay and meta change? No it wont. And if you didnt start playing during S1 early christmas, you will never catch up on gear and have to fight people with 10-20K more HP. “Great” “system”…

1 Like

which is the case in literally every pvp season we ever had.

SL S1 had a pretty diverse meta and it looks like S2 might be even more diverse with buffs and changes to some offmeta specs.

SL S1 has its problem but diversity is definitely not one of the problems.

Flying mounts so you can herb more efficent before queuing into another RMx.

2 Likes

doesnt look better honestly, and in many ways much worse

No.
Althought some classes/specs get nice new pvp talents that might freshen up things.
For example, enhancement shaman gets something similar to ring of peace.

For overal will be the same crap, just diferent colour.

no it is an reverse ring of piece that can be killed with 1-2 hits

you can enter the ring anytime you want, you just cannot exit it
Would be good if it wasnt bound to a dumdum totem.

I mean arena is on a all time low, maybe blizzard gets the idea at some point :stuck_out_tongue:

Well, thats why I hoped blizz wakes up, because even the most thick ppl must see there are major issues, but it doesnt seem like worth our time. Its not worth blizz’s time, obviously, so why should we actually bother with it.

1 Like

Some terrible calls on the meta there tbh.

Arms/DK definitely looking like the top comp followed by jungle.

Arms/Ret still strong but diving toll coming out slower makes ret a lot easier to work around and based on the Holinka interview, I think we can expect some targeted nerfs at certain offhealing abilities with WoG a likely candidate.

Mage is definitely a lot weaker in 9.1 than now. Likely still strong but definitely not meta defining. Frost has some good comps but arcane is still trash.

Ele will definitely have at least one meta comp. Maybe L/S/D. Despite low play rate, ele is already performing well at the top of the ladder now and dispel protection opens up its comp options.

Shadow is so flexible that it will have multiple meta comps but probably more like A+ tier than S tier.

1 Like