Is there really NO mage tuning coming for ANY spec?

I mean all 3 specs are below the middle-line of DPS in raids anywhere from 50 to 99 percentile. All other classes have received SOMETHING ( nerfs / buffs / acknowledgement that they exist ). It’s almost insulting that NONE of the mage specs has received not ONE buff / nerf / ANYTHING. It’s like we don’t exist.

8 Likes

Devs are playing PoE. No time to monitor the collected data.

1 Like

I dunno I mean the general balance has never been worse than this. The difference between classes is simply INSANE at the moment. The balance team is simply not involved at all, this is a disaster. The PVP crowd is complaining, the raiding crowd is complaining, it’s like this expansion was abandoned. I understand they are working on the next one but really you can’t just abandon an expansion after you take the money.

1 Like

As You can see they can.
Buff mage please - i know nobody will ever read this, as we are no warlocks or hunter, or whatever…

mage is deep bottom tier in all pvp partecipation in every bracket and region

and its barely mid tier with all 3 specs in pve

so yeah, mage is among the 3 worst things you can play, with evoker being the other, and the third is different depending on your content of choice

nowdays, if you really want to have a hardtime playing wow, play mage. u get nothing out of it anymore.

2 Likes

Extremly depressing that mages are overlooked… But then again what can we expect at this point, their balancing team has been gone since…well did they ever have any?!

I feel like they all shifted towards WoW Classic and perhaps next expac ? It honestly feels like noone is maintaining Dragonflight anymore. Yet they take the money.

Fortunately you can clear mythic raid and do +20 timed with a mage. So I guess balance is not that far off.

Yh, also Arcane is a very top raid spec rn and fire is a very top m+ spec. Arcane has good burst timings for the last 2 bosses and fire’s ignite build is pumping when its played around. There’s classes with more issues than us, I’m afraid boys and girls. Buckle up for a long patch, get the alts out sooner rather than later. I played spriest a lot in 10.0 because of basically the same issues, maybe demo this patch? I refuse to play aug, its breaking the game.

You can do that with any spec. I’m sorry but that’s not a ver good indicator.

Im sorry but arcane is not « a very top spec »

We’re middle of the pack at best. Arcane shines on 2 fights, where there are damage amps (that’s litteraly arcane’s niche ) and one of them is irrelevant.

Heroic logs are skewed because it’s quite easy to blast, and short parses makes arcane shine more than it should.

As to ignite build, it’s only good in m+ in very high keys where your one ignite target lives for long enough to matter.

Fire is in a terrible spot if your tank does not pull like MDI on steroids. You sacrifice a lot of single target (which is already subpar) to play FS build, which again requires big pulls.

As one of the only 4 pure dps classes we should have at least 2 of the 3 specs in the top half, and one in the top 5.

Right now we’re the intellect bot, and we need to make our voices heard to make that change.

1 Like

here you are looking at what the top 1% are doing and ignoring it because that is not what most people will do

Also +30 Atal dazar was done with a Frost mage the literal highest keys being done now is being done by Frost not Fire

here you are looking at the top 1% and assuming that is what most people do.

You are a hypocrite.

This is NOT the case for the other 3 classes in the game that is pure dps classes on most tiers in the game why should blizzard make Mage be the Only pure dps class be that way?

Your prayers were answered, back to fire mage + augvoker meta comps.

6% buff ain’t sht when Havoc is ahead up to 30% in dungeons.

Both frost mage and fire mage is in the top 10 of all dps right now for m+

Being in top 10 of specs represented in keys doesn’t mean jack about the damage they did. And everything after top 5, if not 3, is undesirable trash anyway in the eyes of meta cucks.

Man, how demanding you mages are…
Rank 3 of all dps in m+ is a mage… rank 6 is a mage, rank 9 is a mage… but still not good enough :confused:

Meanwhile quite a few specs are not even in the top 100… while you guys have 2 specs in the top 10

1 Like

I totally agree. I just thought we’d go under the radar because of the niche situations working for us at the highest pve levels. I’m delighted to be proven wrong and massively impressed with the targeted buffs incoming!

You should spend your time scouring logs for damage numbers instead of boring me to death with more (wrong) representation. People are still playing their mains, as Blizzard slowed gearing to a crawl, and with the .5 patch the M+ humps that are still going to bother playing the game will be fotm-alting, just like last season.

Fire mage is 7% behind BM hunter right now in m+ according to warcraflog the buff is a 6% single target increase putting fire kinda close (and we all know fire can aoe already) (on single target Fire is 6.6% behind BM according to raid logs and the buff being 6% means Fire is going to be real good.
Frost in m+ is 7.5% behind BM hunter right now in m+ this is a 4.5% increase to single target and a 3.5% increase in aoe putting Frost right behind BM in damage but thanks to all the other things Utility and Defensives of the mages specs you would never use BM over any of the two mage specs because this makes BM no longer enough of dps increase that the loss of all the good things is at all worth it.
Frost is doing the exact same damage as fire in raid so behind by 6.6% yet the buff is a 4.5% single target and when there is adds a increase of a little less then the m+ setup at 2.5% increase.

You said earlier here that mage specs are 30% behind havoc something that is just not true at the worst case it is 17% behind.
There is a spec that is 29% behind but that spec is not on the mage class at all.

(using BM as i have done the calc on that spec for another place.)

Lets look at the top 5 specs right now according to warcraftlogs in M+ and they are Aug, Fire, Outlaw, Havoc and Demo.
Lets look at the next 5 specs to see the top 10 those are Frost, Balance, Ret, BM and Fury.
The last Mage spec is spec number 13 directly on the half way point on the list All 3 mage specs are within the top 13 out of 26 dps specs.