Is There Seriously No Gender Option In WOTLK PTR?

Can’t believe I’m making a thread about this specific change as feedback.
I’m not interested in the PTR for WOTLK Classic until it goes live, but if there’s this “body type” instead of gender I’ve heard and read about, and that it looks distinctly very “retail” from screenshots I’ve seen, I guess I’ll need to consider experiencing WOTLK Classic in a different way, if at all.

All you had to do was implement the game as #NoChanges, but that was just too hard for Blizzard, just too difficult. That wasn’t just a community thing saying NoChanges, that came straight out of the mouths of Blizzard representatives and was flaunted in presentations galore. Now we have something more akin to #ManyChanges, or #ThisIsntReallyWOTLK, or #WOTLKRetail.

I’m not surprised with the nonsense added and removed in TBC Classic, but this along with the inevitable unannounced premium/deluxe edition with ingame items to annoy the core players actually wanting Classic, who made themselves vocal in pushing for all this to happen, it’s just sad.

Anyone wanting to post “This doesn’t affect you” or “This has no bearing on your immersion” or any other cliche passive comment mindlessly agreeing with Blizzard, just don’t bother - I know you likely will, but please don’t.

110 Likes

This is literally a change to make the game more inclusive and I’m all for it.

You’re not having anything taken away from you, you’ll still have the same body type as before, and when asked, you’ll still say identify your character as it’s always done.

GENDER IS NOT BEING REMOVED.

Body Type is literally just a physical attribute, with a masculine option and a feminine option to cater to people all across the spectrum, including feminine men, Masculine women and people who identify as non-binary.

The gender part is the roll play of your character.

You lose nothing with this change, but other people have sooo much to gain and feel more accepted.

39 Likes

Didn’t realise other people liking my post was an issue here…

Not really spam, the point still stands. I’m not the one that’s made a thread about something that you were already discussing in another threat.

This seems like spam to me, and i’ll keep replying as long as I need to show my support for the changes.

17 Likes

/charge

“Must…fight…the good fight…must…be heard”

You know exactly what spam is, you’ve copied and pasted your gender post in multiple threads. Why are you even here? I’m trying to give feedback, and you’re…I don’t know what you’re doing, but I’m going to do something else. I came to leave feedback, it’s been made, enjoy whatever you do when you’re not trawling these forums spamming.

41 Likes

Come on now this is just sad, how does this change affect your ability to play the game the way you want in any way? Gender still exists, your character is not affected in any way. Chill out lmao.

15 Likes

You really need to stop for a minute and take a breather, and consider the fact that we, that does like her posts, do so because we agree with her.

Wonder if you’re the same guy as in the other thread I read last night. He was truely a horrible person with a behaviour so bad I don’t think I’ve ever seen anything close even in these forums.
You do remind of that guy. Did your alt account get banned so now your trying to behave slightly better to not get your main acc banned too?

11 Likes

Stop dictating to people what affects them, it’s the most tired and flogged thing on this platform. Simply put, what sad is, is saying NoChanges which spawned Classic in the first place then going back on it.

I’ve had my fill, Classic was great fun again, TBC was great fun again also for the most part, I can sit WOTLK out based on how this is going.

23 Likes

If literally a piece of text changing from male and female to having a body type option was what pushed you too far and made you quit, then you really are sensitive.

15 Likes

You have no idea who this person is, makes a post and within 1 minute gets the same core users liking their posts. Copy and pastes the same posts etc etc, but you clearly have read between the lines and know everything apparently, so that’s fine.

Why would I be the same guy? And I’m a suggested horrible person because Blizzard strictly stated NoChanges, goes back on it, and I make myself heard that I don’t like it? These are forums for feedback, nothing else, I have no idea why anyone is allowed to reply to any thread.

I’ve posted my feedback, feel free to treat this like reddit so you feel better about yourselves or whatever you all do.

13 Likes

Ummm… stop dictating to people what affects them? I mean it’s just a fact. If you take issue with this that’s one thing but you’re kind of just overreacting.

9 Likes

Also considering no changes, isn’t the biggest issue the complete removal of rdf in wrath? I’m not stating my opinion on it but it seems like in the spirit of no changes that would be the biggest battle to fight.

8 Likes

This is not feedback, this is you bringing your real world bigotry into the game.

Just because changes have been made to the game, doesn’t mean it’s the end of the world. Times change, and making small changes like this which affects almost no one, but improves it for a small amount of people is well worth it.

If you really wanted to feedback on it, why didn’t you come here and question why this was included, so we could explain how amazing and inclusive it is for so many people, instead of basically charging in here shouting about wokeness and political agenders and making out like you’ve been harmed in someway.

9 Likes

how is the game more inclusive? it’s your characters gender you select, not the one determined by ur chromosomes

13 Likes

It’s about choice and expression. Gender is not being removed. The option for masculine and feminine body types is there so that gender becomes part of your character story and part of the role play.

You could for example say that an Orc is non-binary, but still have a masculine or feminine body for example.

7 Likes

you could say that and be wrong as over 20 years of warcraft lore points towards that not being the case

10 Likes

Where exactly, i’d love to see it…

4 Likes

There are many cases of interbreeding between the races, all cases involve a female and a male. All the races are very humanoid and have 2 genders, almost as if they are based on humans

20 Likes

I’m sorry, but if I create an orc with a feminine body type, and part of my story for my character is they’re non-binary, no amount of lore is going to take that away from me.

Humans identify as non-binary, so by your logic, the races in wow should be able to as well. “Breeding” in any form has nothing to do with it, non-binary people are birthed just like everyone else.

Saying that wow lore as only 2 genders is not strictly true is it. It only has two genders mentioned that you’ve seen. This is a fantasy game, having trans and non-binary characters is not a stretch of the imagination.

3 Likes

your story is told to u in the video as u start. i think undead has some of their background story told them in the quests in the starting zone.

Identity does not determine gender, it is determined by your chromosomes and dimorphism “body type” is largely down to hormone levels throughout development.

I’m sure there might be some creatures which have asexual reproduction but the vast majority of wow races express sexual dimorphism

12 Likes

Sex and Gender is not the same thing. The intro video doesn’t mention anything about the characters gender anyway, that is for you to express.

Identity absolutely determines gender. Chromosomes will only point to your sex a birth, nothing more.

Hormones also have nothing to do with it, you can have masculine women, feminine men and people who look androgynous. People come in all shapes and sizes and people can have vastly different hormone levels.

This is a fantasy role playing game, your gender can be anything you like.

3 Likes