Is this it for Ferals?

what the title says…

like really, after all these years i think blizzard is spitting on us like we are a third world spec…

8 Likes

I assume “this” is basically it. We may see some minor changes (hopefully to Berserk) but unlikely anything massive.

That being said, although there are a few sore spots Blizz keeps ignoring, overall Feral does not look too bad for SL. A lot will depend on the final number tuning of course…

Yes, Blizzard has decided that ferals are simply supposed to be gimped rogues, our bleeds will be worthless and we will be ferocious bite spambots.

Hooray!

/s

In a way they are similar to sub rogues. Subs only damage comes from squeezing in and empowering as many eviscerates as possible, much like ferals bite. Except ferals have more access to healing, more mobility, and their dots can actually rot a target down, whereas subs is really just used a buff for eviscerate.
Sub feels like a gimped feral without the ability to power shift.

I recently learned that there are various definitions of powershifting. But no matter which one you choose, Feral lost the ability to powershift a long time ago.

Its healing is definitely better than Rogue’s, there I agree :slight_smile:

1 Like

They can’t power shift out of roots now? Haven’t played feral in a while so I honestly wouldn’t know.

They can shift out of roots but that incurs a GCD to shift out of form and another to shift back in. Powershifting (as I understood it from a long time back; there are other meanings) was when shifting was without a GCD, so you could macro shifting out and back into form and loose snares more or less immediately.

It is still a powerful ability but at least in PvP, classes that can spam snares (Frost DK, Frost Mage) can give you a very hard time getting away.

Ahh right, yeah. I guess it’s just shifting now, not really “power” shifting. Still a pretty neat trick though! Wish my sub could shift out of roots into bear form, take less damage and heal up at the same time, then throw up thorns to repel melee attackers :neutral_face:

I wish my Feral Druid had Evasion, Cloak of Shadows, Feint, Crippling Poision, and Vanish :slight_smile:

4 Likes

Fair call xD We could probably play the “I wish” game all day long so I will leave it there!

Feral isn’t supposed to be a sub rogue, its a rot class.

Its supposed to be like Assassination/Affliction + more utility, not gimped sub without cloak or evasion.

1 Like

And this is vrey depressing, because other classes cannot shift out of roots/snares, so they have other things to deal with it. And these abilities are objectively:

• less powerful than powershift was
  • much more powerful than current shapeshift out or root/snares.

I literally got no clue what you’re saying here

I’m saying that feral shifting out of root/snares was a good ability. And now, it’s basically worse than what other classes get when you compare the overall toolsets.

Ah alright, well. So what does other classes have to get rid of roots/snares then? I know it’s a bit clunky nowadays shifting in and out of forms but I’m pretty sure it’s less effort for is druids than other classes. They actually have to use CDS to go out of roots/snares while we only have to shift out and back in form

I said “overall toolset”.

Think about it this way: a class that can’t remove roots will basically have other tools to make up for it. Either massive burst damage, leech or something else.
Druids have this gimped shapeshifting, so they don’t have the other side utility, that would make them too powerful. But the gimped shapeshifting is gimped, because it basically costs 2 sec to be used (2 GCD) and during that time other classes have time to reapply snare at no cost (think frostmage for example). Making the feral basically useless.

1 Like

Nah I dont agree, while I do understand your point its not like that and never really have been.

Take a shadow priest as example, they can mass dispell a root which cost a tremendous amount of mana or dispersion to get out of nova, so they dont really have a good way getting out of a nova, what do they have In comparison? Real burst? Nah… cc? Yes they have some nice cc but do they have much more cc then other classes, nah. Is there off healing big? Nah not much better then other hybrids.

What is it you want feral to be? No GCD or a faster gcd on shapeshifting? Or have shapeshifting work the way it does on live, but with more damage? More burst or utility?

:man_facepalming:
… range ?..

2 Likes

Ok, i just tested Feral on the PTR and i am appauled!

It’s the only spec i tested that actually feels worse than in BfA!

What’s the deal with the new Bloodtalons? What? How does that work? I am supposed to use 2 other lower damage combo point builders instead of shred every rotation to proc the buff?! Honestly, just revert it. It was much better the way it was.
Also one of the few specs losing rotational buttons, if not the only one.

2 Likes

No, you’re supposed to use (assuming no crits) moonfire, rake and shred * 3 hit big RIP, shred * 5 assuming nothing else is going to drop off and the hit big FB rinse and repeat. Yes clipping the dots makes it a bit of a pain but there you go.

I don’t know about you but I think rake is our best builder by damage/energy, hang on just checked beta and moonfire is now better. So you have to apply 2 very efficient builders hit 8 fairly inefficient builders (shred) over the period of 2 rotation. Yeah tragic. I get you prefer the old version but based on the feedback I’ve seen most people don’t, especially since they made the change from 3 seconds to 5.

So tell me apart from the fact you don’t like BT what else don’t you like?