Is this the end?

Of multiboxing?

Or are the Alt and Tab keys going to break? :thinking:

P.S. This might become the “Park your druid” day. :sweat_smile:

7 Likes

It was already the end when they made the first announcement.

I remember on their discord they were malding hard. I used to be there because I was leveling a second character for a dual boxing back then.

They were in talks to find ways to counter that as good as possible but this is clearly the real final nail in the coffin.

4 Likes

What should come next imo is drastic measures versus LFD - Boosting advertising.
Give them a separate channel/lfd section for boosting idc, but straight out ban(a month should be good) any found using the normal one advertising.

It was obvious that what they did is bad but there were some shills arguing constantly about the definition of automation :man_facepalming: :man_facepalming: :man_facepalming:

3 Likes

I didn’t expect the first move to remove some multiboxing from the game, I definitely didn’t expect them to double down on it.

3 Likes

I agree, the BC/Wotlk days of clean channels and people discussing are long gone.

Even with addons, it’s terrible, because mine doesn’t delete the gold boosts (since it’s “ok”). But what a mess…

1 Like

The title… I thought it was another WoW is dead :grin:

Good riddance, Bots.

7 Likes

It was just people who couldn’t make the difference between bots and multiboxing.

One required a person to be there and play the game, the other didn’t. That’s why it was allowed for so long.

The worst part was that ludicrous argument that using software to clone action across more than 1 acc isn’t automation. So damn delusional and a waste of time to argue something pretty obvious.

1 Like
4 Likes

I don’t really blame them, it was their way to play the game.

The problem was the abuse from PvP to auction house with easy farm.

Personally I used to have a free software but didn’t used it too long, it wasn’t for me.

However it was a good experience because it made me play a warrior and I really enjoyed it. So I made this character on my main account.

I thought the same

lol what does it even mean? What counts as streamline and what doesn’t?

1 Like

Seems there are not so many left, so removing multiboxing won’t be a big financial hit.

I’ve re-read it a couple of times now because when something sounds too good to be true, it usually is. I figured there’d be a loophole or technicality. But it really does seem like it will park the druid swarms, yes.

1 Like

Off to AH to buy goods while price is low ,and then sell later .buahahahah

2 Likes

Glorious. Simple, glorious! ( Glorious in N’zoth sound )
Multiboxing ruined my gold farm back in 8.2 and I wished they could get banned. Now I am witnessing the day of their end. No words can describe how beautiful it is.

4 Likes

You can still tab between accounts right? Just can’t use extra hardware that some people moved onto. So it’s not really gonna kill much? They can still /follow tab+click a node, tab+click a node, tab+click a node etc

You can make it even easier then that. If you’ve got triple monitor just split each screen to run 4 small wow windows. Make a macro for your bars /follow. Then it’s just clicking a node and hitting 1 on each screen 4 times. Would take me like 20 seconds per node on 10 accounts. Hardly the end of anything just a tiny bit slower.

2 Likes

After November’s announcement, it was noticeable that they had scaled back. But come the new year they were back. Yes, Blizz has been active removing, but by March they were back and reporting when them didn’t seem like any action being taken.

As a player who likes to make gold, it’s disheartening seeing a pack of 5 druids running around despawning all the herbs as you are trying to collect them.

2 Likes

NEVAR :frowning: I love my DuDu

1 Like