Is twinking allowed again in lower bracket battlegrounds?

I was trying to level my shadow priest in random battlegrounds in bracket 11-19.

Today we had good old WSG and we got rolfstomped really hard at the beginning, which turned to graveyard camping very soon.

I was wondering how the hell they hit so hard and made search from armory for one of their locks. Turns out that destro lock was fully decked in gear and enchants. This char was lvl 18 and it had Ghost Iron Dragonling-tinket. This trinket requires char to be lvl 33. How is that possible? Is armory just a mess and shows whatever?

Two things.
First, you can get completely overgeared alts into bg when you have them on a veteran account. It means you level to 20, level stop, equip the toon and wait until your sub runs off (before the sub runs out, disable level stop).
When your sub is off you can play your overgeared level 20 in the normal level 20-29 bracket.
Additionally you can queue with friends in every lower bracket. So say you are a 20 twink and queue with your level 15 friend (level synch) you end up in the 10-19

Last option:
There is an exploit with xp stop that allows you to queue into bg without getting full xp when winning.

And yes, that’s scummy af.

2 Likes

Probably one of those methods explains it, thumbs up for clearing this for me :+1:

Its good thing that it doesnt take too many matches to level up through those brackets.

yeah it sucks. The 10-19 and 20-29 brackets are ruined

I will say its predominantly alliance who seem to be into this twink scene. Every match in the 20-29 bracket seems to have 6-8 twinks alliance and maybe 1 or 2 from horde who then leave mid bg

1 Like

ppl hardly twink in 10-19s and 20-29s are just full chaos dont touch that bracket, but eitherway twinking has never been not allowed they simply just used to makeit so twinks could only face twinks then they removed that so they could meet levlers, and now they cant meet anyone unless they to 500 tricks or go on a f2p account

Yea but your gear get scaled down to the avg lvl 19 or smth so the twink gear is worthless there espcially since enchants dont work which is pretty broken

I dont think its scummy they removed all other ways to play twinks and they generally ruined twinking with the level squish ppl that had twinks from tbc,wotlk or lvl 70 twinks etc. Which may sound silly and give you the question of why its ruined? well you see some of those people put 100s maybe thousands of hours into their twink just for it to be ruined in multiple ways and is now, 1 unplayable now, 2 useless cuz of the lvl squish, im 100% sure if you ask most twinks if they could go twink v twink like it used to be at first most of them wouldnt mind

And the f2p account thing isnt an exploit if thats what you’re calling an exploit

It depends honestly but a good amount went alli for shorter ques

It isn’t an exploit? You have an activated xp stop (because you are locked at 20) and end up in a bracket with players that haven’t. This makes veteran accounts a tool to avoid separate queues between alts and normal players. Of course this an exploit and for sure not meant as intended.

We know after all these years that pvp alts never wanted good games or fair play, they exist to dominate normal players that want to play some bg for fun. That’s why there never was an active xp off community in the their own bracket and that’s why you now have full premades in 10-19 and 20+ of those “players”.

Those players have the same mindset as people who are 60 and ganking leveling people in the barrens or duskwood.

1 Like

no they are on a f2p accoutn with no gametime = something blizzard made which isnt a exploit

It’s for sure not meant to be that way, because f2p accounts can’t join normal BG on 20. They count as xp locked while accounts that were paid once (veteran) are locked to 20 and can join normal BG.

1 Like

This completely removes the fun of the whole game. New gamers or people who twink new chars in bgs cannot do this anymore.
Today I wanted to level my shaman in the BG. He is not bad geared. But the whole day there was another player who ruined really the game. Beatmaster hunter with godmode gear. Every bg I played he was in the other team. Collecting every 30% buff and oneshots all the other players.
I am playing since vanilla and of course twinking and gearing up the twinks is normal in the game. But this is over the top. In one bg we were 5 healers. But it doesnt matter how many healers you have or how good you team is. When the gear is the over top that you oneshot one player after the other you have no chance. Its really frustrating. Also for new players.
I dont know how this works that you make your twink godmode, how many hours it took or if this is an exploit or not. Exp stop and players without exp stop should not be in the same bg.

1 Like

There is an easy solution for that, but Blizzard prefers not caring.
f2p, veteran and xp locked end up in the same bracket.
The normal bracket is locked to ilvl maximum of the level range. If you are above that you get scaled down to the ilevel of the heirloom.

There Blizzard, I solved your problem.

1 Like

I’d do that in a heartbeat. I miss the old 70s xp locked bgs. Rip wotlk-wod era.

1 Like

Lul, the majority never would. That’s why twink brackets were pretty much dead 90% of the time.

1 Like

well apparently its been fixed and the lvl 20 twinks aint too happy about it - Levellers rejoice and enjoy your bgs again :slight_smile:

4 Likes

Praise the gods!

2 Likes

Best thing in the Shadowlands by a mile! And loving the drama on twink sites.

1 Like

Thats not true though

Isn’t it? Every twink forum said otherwise.

Fuss is mosty about 29s being in the same bracket thats all. 20s included me have no problem playing against other 20s. I personally don’t mind, I rather play against other twinks like I stated earlier.

Lul, the majority never would. That’s why twink brackets were pretty much dead 90% of the time.

Majority in the 70s community quitted (atleast who I know or am familiar with) the game during the content droughts back in MoP and WoD, since they felt like the game wasn’t worth it anymore in general. It doesn’t show on endgame content but it bleeds down heavily to alternate playing styles such as xpoff PvP.

Finally. And then they merged them again for WOTLK classic, I swear those devs are backwards.

2 Likes