Is World of Warcraft only made for competitive players?

No not in time we was close actually but i didnt have enough heal power for the last boss think we went 10mins over which tbh at 385 i was pretty happy with.

And my personal expereince has been great pugging only had a leaver once or twice and always been good in raid finder too with people explaining tacts

But do you play since vanilla ?

When I have read title of post I thought that it’ll be about “new” Blizzard policy that “everything must be an e-sport”, and that it’s not good for MMORPG where there as many goals as players. But I have read OP post, and I felt litlle dissapoinment.

Mythic+ are doables for most of everyone. Problem is that raids and mythic+ seem to be point of the game. So WoW is now closer to MOBA games, than to MMORPG where point is to be “part of the world”.

I think it has. As a casual player why do Mythic+ at all after the s#1t show dungeons and raids have become lately? Do you really have to be 435+ to play the game? I personally only do them to complete a story line quest or maybe to get a dungeon WQ piece of gear and then only LFR and LFD and even those I dread. I would rather log on and do other stuff that is way less stressful, can make me gold or is just fun to do. As for gearing a character, I would rather go to Nazjatar, get a set of Benthic gear and upgrade those using manapearls I farm from WQs. Anything other than to actually try and play in a group with other players. I mean take the Mechagon Vaultbot (normal time line) for example, you can’t kill it by attacking it, you only need to give it one shot, just one, it’s that is required to loot it. The whole idea is to get it to the magnet in Bondo’s yard and it gets destroyed, but you all ways get some @$$holes that keep attacking it eventually getting aggro away from the guys leading it to the magnet and make it stop or turn around. Then the little idiots keeps fighting their little hearts out not noticing the Vaultbot is only taking ±10 damage a shot and heals up instantly. Then when people start telling them to stop they either ignore the other players or get all upset and utters something totally stupid like “don’t tell me what to do, I can do what ever I want”. The temporary groups created in WQs seem to be way more cooperative because they all have a common goal and that is to get the damn WQ done as quickly as possible. No ranting, no raging, just wham bam thank you everyone. I cringe to say this but PvP has become more fun than dungeons and raids and I really hate PvP. Warmode is for other people, I would rather farm herbs than switch warmode on.

As a casual player what do you really need gear wise to be ready for then next patch, expansion or what ever come next? You just need gear good enough so you can solo WQs reasonably quickly. Zandalar and Kul’Tiras WQs give up too 385 gear and that is all you really need. Nazjatar’s Benthic gear has an entry level of 385 and can be upgraded fairly easily to 420 if you really want to slash through those WQs fast.

Firstly as a casual player myself I recommend you play solo and only ask people to help you when you really really have too. Find all the stuff you can do in the game that do not involve other players or require help from other players. WQs, farming material, crafting items, collecting mounts or battle pets or do some pet battle stuff.

Secondly if you want to socialize with other players go to an RP server and talk to people there. They are way more friendly and helpful than players from normal servers and they can actually have a conversation for you.

again you mistake casual players from baddies

what you literally say is “why play at all?”
I mean the game has mostly become a gearing game to then run whatever content you like.
some like dungeons, some like raids, some like world questing.
Each of these contents requires different gear,
World quests and pet battles you can do naked as well as herbing or mining.
If you consider farming mana pearls or shell game for 500 times, good for you, but I bet most don’t.

casuals are people who don’t have a lot of time to waste in the game but that does not mean that they are somewhat competitive. Surely less competitive than hardcore players but still can hold their own, especially if they have a fix group. That makes it just effective gaming.
There are also people who spend 8h in the game and only do WQs. They are bad at the game but are not casuals because they hardcore play 8h a day…

casual /= bad

2 Likes

No I don’t. Casual players, like you said, have very little time to play and they WANT TO HAVE FUN. Dungeons and raids are no fun and frustrating nowadays because of baddies and toxic elitist players, especially in PUG groups. No one wants to spend the little time they have logging in to WoW only to get rejected by every group they apply to or no one applying to the group you have created. That is exactly what the OP said. I am a casual player myself and that is my experience. That is why I quit dungeons and raids all together in BfA and still manage to have fun. Being competitive does not mean you have to raid or dungeon to have fun, you can PvP or pet battle against other players. I don’t do PvP, but I still manage to have fun doing other stuff.

No, I am not (again). I am saying focus less on gear and rather on doing other fun stuff in the game. Mythic+ chests is just a lottery in most cases and you very rarely get what you want. You can also get gear from doing PvP if you are the competitive type.

That is exactly the what the OP is saying. They have little time to play - yes, they are competitive - yes and they want to do Mythic+ - yes, but he/she is having trouble finding a “fixed group”. No groups want to except them and no one wants to join their group they create. So what are they to do? Do they sit and stare at a screen all night waiting to find a group or just try and do something different. Something where you actually do something other than just get angry and frustrated.

People play to have fun. If the fun dries up they quit playing, if enough players quit playing, the game dies. “WoW will never die”, I sure hope so because I love playing it, but Blizzard (love or hate them) have costs they have to incur to keep this game going. They have servers in hosting centers they have to pay and they have game designers and coders they have to pay to make this whole thing work.

If you really want to help, instead of arguing with other people’s about their posts rather try and help the OP with their problem.

Give them some links on the web where they can go for more info other than the ones he/she mentioned.

Offer to invite them to your guild and help them to find groups within your guild to help him/her with their Mythic+ keys.

I am giving them alternative ways to gear instead of raids or dungeons and telling them about other ways to have fun playing the game game they love. What are you doing?

Im sorry, the fun of wow is gearing up to do raids with friends, if you dont like that then dont do IT.
And btw WQ van give up to 415 including emmisary .

You what? Why would you be unable to play mythic 10+ or more just because you don’t play a lot?

I guess that’s why they all left.

join your class discord, join m+ communities, watch key pushing on twitch. Icy veins and wowhead are only good to learn basics.

M +10 requires players to know a lot of mechanics. Also with all the deadly trash in BFA.

Yet they haven’t dropped lower, despite what people claim.

ups wrong post

Exactly.

M+ until 10 is pretty much THE casual content for people who like to have a minimal amount of challenge but not a lot of time.

With xrealm, rio, 5man content and only 30-40min dungeon length it is perfectly suited for casuals.
You dont need a lot of time, you dont need to coordinate as a premade with 20 people like fo raid on certain times.

And mostly its not a time issue but people not willing to read what their spells do/what dungeon bosses do like in the case of OP. He plays 3-5hour PER day.

Hes not a casual just someone unwilling to do some basics

Most of the bosses: don’t stand in goo.

Trash: interrupt when you can.

Then the only tricky part is the Emmisaries. Well, read up and use common sense.

Tadaaa. By now you get 415 ilvl items for doing 4 wqs. With that ilvl you can easily ignore half the mechanics in a +10 and still time it.

I think you underestimate your own knowledge about every trashpack in BFA dungeons. What you say is how it was in Legion. It changed a lot in BFA. And +10 dungeons are not that easy in 415 ilvl either (dropping 430 for a reason).

World of warcraft is a time investment- This can impact alot, mechanically being good at the game/class you play, having the BIS Gear, knowing the routes, skips, what to shroud or pot on.

A +10 is already trivial to most players in current game. The game in all aspects caters to casuals more than veteran, elitist players just by how many buttons you have to press alone it proves to argue how dumbed down things are.

The only issue is some classes require more prep than others and unfortunatly that means most casual players will go even into things like a +10 unprepared and get drop kicked verbally and literally for failing to bring the means of damage, healing or knowledge of tank paths & tanking to get the key done in time.

Not necessarily but competitive players perhaps get more fulfilment out of WoW?

Ok. Thanks for making a great and detailled point.

At least with 415 gear you won’t so easily get a one shot - even if you mess up. And you can totally ravage dangerous trashpacks in mere seconds by using the powerful essences. So yes even in 415 you can ignore half the mechanics at trashpacks.

We got annihilated in +12’s in our first week of this season with ~415 ilvl. I know, first week with emissaries, but it was a severe change and a surprise coming from +17 in season 2. With just a little ilvl more we are steaming through +10’s again (actually did +14 in time too last week). I would not want to know how it actually would have been with ignoring half of the mechanics.