Is wow classic going to be the second class citizen?

That’s messed up bro

I agree with so much that you say however the OP does have a right to voice their concerns even if they are seen as ‘snowflakey’.

1 Like

I pay the sub for the retrail that I don’t play, and I com back after several years to play Classic. How desperate it is to keep telling everyone: no it for the retrail you sub. For that we have decided.lol

1 Like

Yes you pay for a retail sub idd, classic is extra

1 Like

We are paying a “WoW suscription” so we should get the same service. I don’t play, don’t give a damn, about retail.

2 Likes

Can people stop spouting this bullcrap that “You pay for a sub to retail”?
It simply isn’t true.

When you buy a subscription for your account, it tells you very clearly:

This subscription provides access to:
- World of Warcraft
- World of Warcraft Classic

3 Likes

At the end of the day you’re still paying for them to continue developing current WoW content, Classic is just a bonus (and a way for them to inflate their sub count).

3 Likes

Im paying to play what I like, how they use that money is not my business,as long as the service quality is not affected.

2 Likes

Just like me, you may be paying with this intention, but surely you don’t think that Blizz even considers Classic and Retail with the same priority, when it comes down to splitting the money coming from the same sub. There’s probably less Classic-only subs than Retail subs, so we are supposed to be second to them. If that’s wrong, then money will speak and Classic will get the attention it needs.

1 Like

Have you seriously expected anything else but this? In terms of ressource allocation, I would be surprised if it was anything more than 10/90 split in huge favor towards Retail.

Idk what rock you live under, but Classic killed Retail. The only attention Classic needs is stable servers and smooth launches of the 6 phases. After that I hope they leave Classic be, because if the last 15 years have taught us anything, it’s that pruning of skills, adding convenience and dumbing down the game has made Retail WoW a shadow of its former self.

2 Likes

Ahhahahuahguahauhauhahghduaaha.

Sure bro.

A lot of ppl litterally have only classic characters on their account. Calling it a Retail Sub is a huge mistake.

1 Like

230% subscription increase. I think that was a data provided by Blizz right? Anyone can confirm?

Yes, and so is retail. They are busy making ChinpokoWoW GO Mobile.

That’s because J Allen Brack (now as the new CEO) has to live up to his “you think you do…” word and rub it in our faces that: “we actually don’t want WoW Classic anyway, because it contains the original flaws and has to stay that way”.

1 Like

This means nothing if it cant be maintained in the long term.

1 Like

Yes

“going to be” it was before it even launched - made a post in Technical Support during the open testing weekend saying that the game was crashing every time I launched, and gave the error code etc. They just moved it out of Game Support and into WoW Classic chat without any replies.

Apparently Classic issues were not worthy of their time back then - Wonder if this has changed…

False. 230% increase prior to the month before that. Which is obvious, seeing as a lot of ppl were hyped for new WoW content in general? That % is probably down to like 10 by now.

Also, BfA’s launch probably boosted them by 500% if we follow this logic, every single xpac launch (good or bad) does.

1 Like