Is wow dead

It was always doomed, Blizzard and the community just hurried things.

Playing Classic, especially TBC, is like watching the second season of a 15 year old show you remembered as good.

You know what will happen and what to expect, but the experience is worth another re-watch (or so you thought).
But! This time around the creators of the show, Blizzard, added “George Lucas like” edits nobody asked for. Also, we all watch it at 2.0 speed just to get to the next episode faster. Some of us buy services, so we can skip the “boring parts” and watch “highlights” (since nobody has time to watch the show anymore, due to “work/kids/Im not 15 years anymore”) and asks for more of them.
A part of the community, where a big part didnt watch the original show, also wants to add scenes and effects that belong in the modern show …

You get the picture.

3 Likes

The streamer and youtubers have their sheep that bleat the same thing they do, if it’s profitable Blizzard will keep it open.

Fresh will only delay any death by six months at the very most.

and the few thousand who will play it for a few months.

They haven’t announce any “fresh” realms at all.

I think they should and not just connect them.

They will never do that, except for test realms.

Imagine unsubbing 3 years after the harassment thing.
Talk about being slow

It’s nowhere near as popular as it was a couple of years ago.
It’s also nowhere near as popular as when SL or classic came out.
But by any sensible metric, it’s not dead. Lots of online games would kill for this size of playerbase, even if it’s smaller than the absolutely bonkers size it once had.

Haha, nice joke.

3 Likes

its a 1 time boost lol wouldn’t of affected it that much players already played through all that content in classic rerelease so yes when tbc launched everyone focused on levelling through tbc and then again on end game raiding/pvp.

Edit: i mean u cant expect players to continue levelling new alts after tbc launch when they have so much to do in tbc ofc classic zones will be dead as everyone is doing stuff in outland.

Only the mentality of the players and the phenomena - pay to win, min max. Players with money but without a soul. The whole market is distorted

True but if the boost wasn’t there the new people TBC attracts would have lvld in the open world which would have made the world more active. Right now all the people that want to test out the game simply buy a boost, don’t know their class(rather have had picked something els)and quit almost instantly after.

It feels like we went from a large open active world to a small dungeon or smh.

In classic vanilla I had to stay active to farm gold for consumes, get my buffs(not that buffs is a good thing). A lot of fun items u could farm and test out, different sets u could test out. Farming faps, lips, speed pots etc. ATM all consumes are so cheap (and we can only use 1 flask nothing els) it forces me to raid log, there is nothing to do and no interaction at all. It almost feels like I am playing retail besides my fun 2 hours Magh, Gruul and Kara raid every Sunday.

I hope SSC + TK will change things maybe more consume heavy so I actually have to farm and prep.

2 Likes

I hope they give us SSC and TK pre-nerf.

I can only speak from my point of view and yes it is kinda dead to me. All my friends that played classic with me are now gone in Classic TBC. No one had the time to farm honor with these ridiculous queue times on the horde side nor to sit idly in Shattrath spamming /lfg chat for 4 hours in hope to find a tank. The WoW devs react to the problems too slow and too late. Sometimes solving one problem with creating 10 different ones. It seems like no one really has a plan for the release, so why bother?

Luckily there’s FF and New World just around the corner. See you guys there.

I’m honestly confused as to why people like you bothered playing TBC Classic. Everyone and I mean literally everyone knew spamming LFG looking for a Tank and filling groups in general was going to be a time sink and a problem. Also, grinding Honour was slow back in the day.

This is exactly what J Allen Brack was talking about when he said you think you do - but you don’t.

Anyway hope you enjoy FF and New World - see you in Phase 2.

I came straight from classic like most of us did and finding a tank was never as difficult as it is now (despite the fact that we’re now having an additional tank class on the horde side).

Grinding honor was slow, but the queues were never as long as they were up till the HvH change (which is also questionable. Free faction transfer would have been a better idea imho).

Thanks and I hope you enjoy further retail changes in TBC.

You literally just said in your previous post Blizzard were too slow to act on ‘problems’ (that, again, were present in original TBC) ad now you’re saying “I hope you enjoy further retail changes.”

So you do indeed want retail changes to fix said problems that existed in 2007?

Lmao. Make your mind up man.

Except I don’t recall waiting for a tank for 4 hours in Shattrath. I don’t recall sitting in 60 minutes wsg queues either. Those were not original TBC problems.

Like I said above, the horde queue times could have been solved differently. Opening a free faction transfer is not a retail change, it is something necessary to balance out the faction ratio.

Guys, cmon chill… Its summer time, vacations and holiday going on and lets be honest - the content in TBCC is Kara, Grull and Maghteridon which you can clear quite easily. No T5 or T6 raids available. I mean what do you expect? Full servers?

1 Like

Playing a Tank is a thankless task. It sucks. You gain nothing extra for it yet all the responsibility and you have to deal with sweaty DPS that can’t monitor threat. Also, it was a problem finding Tanks back in the day hence why Blizzard added incentives (where possible) for people to Tank.

The Horde queues times are an issue created by a combination of 58 paid boosts + players re-rolling Horde. Blizzard have fixed the issue by giving people HvH. Yes it took a while but Blizzard clearly were giving it proper thought as to wether to make a change or not as there’s a sizeable portion of the player-base who rage at the thought of any changes. Blizzard are damned if they do, damned if they don’t.

If people aren’t happy with TBC Classic then go play New World or FF. No one’s stopping them. I just find it strange how the advocates for these new games are still hanging about the WoW forums.

Like I said, they’ll all be back in phase 2.

Welp, I cancelled my sub but I’m still able to post on the forums up till August 11th. So expect some more whining from my side. And besides I’m doing you a favour, the more whining and New World/FF advertising Blizz sees on the forums the bigger chance is they actually do something about it. Peace out.

If you think Blizzard will give you anything for free you’re delusional. Why would they do that when they sell the character boost? Maybe they’d offer faction transfers, for a price.

it still won’t be exact ssc-tk as original tbc for 2x reasons.
1-this is last patch of TBC where t4 gear is improved & characters are revamped, so players are more powerful
2-they said it’s pre-nerf but not the same stage as early original tbc, for bug fixes vashj/kael…etc. so SSC-TK will be beaten easily in day1

agree with ya, sadge but well atleast more raid and fun than we have now.