It takes forever to kill people

Why did blizzard make everyone immortal? Back in MoP/Cata/Wotlk you could kill people in 5-6 seconds if they didn’t know what they were doing, not it takes atleast 20-30seconds…

Not to mention people randomly teleporting away when they drop to 10% hp

1 Like

Dunno what you mean.
PvP has never been more balanced

See what I mean? :rofl:
4 Likes

crazy vid which highlights the issue perfectly. pvp was ALOT better in cata & MOP and before.

You can kill me (all my chars) in 2 seconds, so … yeah.

Definitely takes longer than previous expansions, one big factor is that all dps cds are on global cooldown so you can’t just macro them all together and then use your nuke.

1 Like

So killing people in 5-6 seconds seems balanced + good to you?

I have the sollution.

Play ESO

2 Likes

There should be possibility to stay alive long by kiting and skill or be bad and die instantly, thats how mop was mostly like. Not stay alive forever by instant cast heals and never run out of mana and wait for damp or some other stuff to pop up.

Also remove all these retarded immunities from melee classes… Like since when DK can just ignore ring of peace and run through it like it was nothing, while still having 100% uptime.

Oh no! You have to actually think and put effort into a fight instead of just one-sidedly face-rolling the opposition?

Honestly, people are not immortal - Blizzard implemented a fair survivability buff to stop people being one-shot, insta-gibbed or just plain murdered without being able to re-act.

If you can’t beat someone without them being unable to retaliate, then you are just a little bit crap at PvP then. Doesn’t matter how good you think you are, if you can’t participate in a fight for more than 5 seconds then something is wrong with you.

3 Likes

It does take forever, it sucks. However thats just how it is now. The casuals have reigned supreme and got tired or upset of being gigagibbed by people who were heroic /pvp geared compared to their LFR and honor equips. Half the fun of PVP is killing the fresh max levels, the fun diminishes when the numbers you do dont add up to you one tapping fresh max players cause of “scaling” to spare the lazy sods from being 1 tapped. I evisced a guy for 90k + did shadowstrike and cold blooded for the 10% hp, he had 95k hp total. He still had 10k hp to spare, do the math I suppose :stuck_out_tongue:

To be fair, it’s rather funny to say “casuals” got their way if you are trying to imply that hardcore or veteran players can’t handle an actual fight with effort required.

Plus, why should you be “better” than they are in PvP when your prowess only relates to PvE raiding and M+? Even with higher end PvP gear, how can you call yourself “good” if the gear does all the work?

Seriously, Player vs Player is always touted as the maximum difficulty level in many games because you are up against a largely unpredictable, thinking, adapting intelligence.

But no! It takes a lot of “skill” to hit a target once and kill them. Look how good you are to fight the equivalent of an Orgrimmar Combat Dummy. Totally skillful when you don’t have to think or exert one braincell!

Come on, gear gives you an advantage but you still need to actually fight the fight. Show that you have the skills you think you have! :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Thats being generous for alot of people who queue but sure. And no back during previous expansions if you put the time into getting PVP gear then yes you should be entitled to people coming into the content blindly. Thats half of the point of it being a MMORPG, character progression. If I’ve done a full raid and the others have not, yes I expect a -huge- advantage in Damage alone.

Gear gives you hardly any advantage in some scenarios given the fact at one point it was meta if im not mistaken to equip the lowest Ilvl gear socketed due to damage scaling, old topic but that was the general feel of it.

TL:DR - Yes I like displaying prowess on a equal playing field, thats why I play vs mostly other geared people at my MMR who tend to do content similar to me. No I don’t like scaled damage when I’m playing a game based around having a character and progression, it defeats the point of progression given its a MMORPG. If I wanted a purley skill based playing field I’d go play tekken or age of empires 2.

yikes :frowning:

3 Likes

Yeah, especially as a resto shaman in ghost wolf/raptor form.
Winning by AFK’ing at ~2k rating seems fair and balanced.

Learn how to do your interrupts/CC correctly and you’ll see targets flop.

Unironically, you can give zero thought to anything, and destroy people as fire mage, ele sham or destro lock.

Pop goes the warrior :slight_smile:

Laughs in Spell Reflection

this doesn’t make any sense because neither of them has anything to do with how much damage you do and how long it takes to finally pop all your offensive cds

Based on that answer I think you need to learn more about CC. CC is not there to increase your damage output, it’s there to prevent the enemy’s healing output.

In short
More CC = More effective damage

ok genius but cc’ing makes the fights last EVEN longer because you have to wait until their healing cds run out. Aside from that it takes ages to kill afk players and sometimes you can’t even kill them.

Oh no mate, it’s you who’s the true genius here.

CC makes the fight last longer? What are you smoking? Are you saying if I deny a healer’s healing abilities, I’m extending the fight?
You’re also claiming you struggle to kill an actual dummy target? Are you sure you’re qualified to discuss this?