Its kinda strange that everyone claims to hate MoP

Yet when you ask people when the class balance, the class fantasy, the dungeon design, the world designe, profesions etc. was at its peak, most people will say it was MoP…

Honestly, what is the forums problem with this expansion? Do you guys really hate the Pandaren so much? Why? Serious question here.

Alot of people claim that Pandaren dont fit into WoW…

Seriously? We already have big humanoid Cows for crying out loud.

The only thing MoP did different was that it was the first expansion that didnt try to be dark and gritty all the time… and honestly, that was a good change of tone, I always though WoWs attempts to be dark and mature came across as silly at best and totaly emo at worst (Hello every story involving Illidan Emo-Rage…).

Even the Story in Legion and BFA is more funny than dark, and when it tries to be mature, its what i would expect a 10 year old to write when he thinks about mature…

Plus… cmone, MoP gave us a Brewery dungeon where you fought dancing Party monkeys by rolling kegs around, a drunk rabbit and could literally shower in beer… How can you hate this expansion?

11 Likes

I thought mop ended 6 years ago?

I’ve seen alot of ppl praise mop as a good expansion. I didnt play it myself so i cant say :blush:

It’s interesting because on these forums I see a lot of people saying MoP was the best too. I personally quit playing WoW because I thought LFR was so ridiculous, back in the days. Maybe I just got bored too and started playing another game. Who cares anyways what I do? Literally nobody will care if I start playing or leave the game.

The best we will get out of this is a couple of opinions: people say they like(d) MoP or they didn’t. What will you do with this information? What made you think it was a good idea to create a thread about this?

Honestly? I am at work and have nothing better to do…

15 Likes

I haven’t seen many people hating MOP, usually it is showed as example of good expansion. Especially class balance that time seemed to be something people really liked.

Personally i think MOP was ok, altough whole theme felt to me somehow not fitting into wow universe in general. But that is purely personal opinion and as long as i have fun things to do i consider expansion success.

5 Likes

Wait a minute, who hates MoP? Yeah yeah, there are some players who whine about Pandaren but generally I see the overwhelming majority praising MoP, me included. Wonderful expansion, miss it dearly.

6 Likes

Extort out families and corrupt the youth with it.

Before you know it, Pandaren will be established as the new ideal for beauty and you’ll have people transplant copious amounts of body hair everywhere to suit it. The price of hair transplants will shoot up, the stock exchange will crash, the ripples will ravage the economy everywhere, millions of jobs will be lost and babies will be left starving on the street.

All because people gave their opinion on MoP on an online forum.

3 Likes

From what I remember of the forums leading up to MoP, it was the panda thing that was the main problem. People were flouncing off because they didn’t want to play Kung Fu panda and it had no place in WoW lore.
Once they’d gone, MoP was a really good expansion. For me, it was, I think, the first one that had us hunting for treasures. The scenery and the buildings were beautiful and the questing was fun.

6 Likes

It’s just there are more people willing to gate stuff then you find to like stuff. That’s it.

Also like most Expansion in the early phases it was bad and when it was filled with content over time with patches it got better. And then the new Expansion hits with fewer content and that Expansion before becomes way better in comparison.

I’m quite sure BfA will be remembered as a good Expansion. Like MoP was, like Legion was. WoD is beyond redemption I assume :wink:

U cant hate mop, if u played during WOD xd

1 Like

Only if the next Patch somehow delivers the best ingame exprience ever…

This. Times a million. In the lead-up to MoP, and the first few weeks.

There was also CRZ, which caused the second biggest forum storm ever, but that wasn’t really tied to the expanion proper.

Once it started, we just had a small but whingy coterie of raiders droning on and on (and on and on and on and on and on and on and on …) about having to do dailies for rep, through 5.0. Once rep was available in dungeons with 5.1, they went away. (Actually, most had gone away before that, once they earned their rep and forgot about it.)

Minorities on very unbalanced PvP realms had a hard time with the situation in Isle of Thunder and Timeless Isle, especially Timeless with the Censer.

SoO/5.4 went on way too long.

That’s it. I was there, and reading avidly, and those were the only major gripes.

1 Like

MoP was a peculiar case to be fair. When we had it as an expansion, a lot of people hated it mostly because “Pandas?!”, that it only appealed to certain players like weebs or anime fans and that it had way too many dailies. Though some people always hate and whine about the expansion they play on, and not fully realize how good it was till it’s gone.

That’s why after it ended, almost everyone began to love it and see it as one of the best expansions WoW ever had.

Same thing happened with Legion really. Also alot of people hated the RNG and legendary grind, etc. But now it’s also seen as one of the best expansions WoW has ever had.

1 Like

+1 for fighting dancing Party monkeys

MoP was a golden era of enhancement shaman, really loved it. I only hated the pandas.

1 Like

Why? /tenchars

1 Like

i wouldn’t have said class fantasy, class balance, dungeon design or world design were good in pandland. Professions, as far as I recall, were good … cant remember though, for sure.
I hate pandaland because it was irritating, the fantasy was irritating, the characters were so cutsie wootsie that I wanted to cut off my ears, the world bosses were irritating, the idea of gathering silk was irritating. I liked the garden but it was annoying to do (much preferred garrisons) and the whole idea that my grrrr could manifest in to reality was just so irritating and annoying. The whole idea that alcohol was the entire focus of an expansion … sad.
pandaland sucked, for the most part. I liked a few things in it but, like bfa, the bad heavily outweighed the good.

i stopped play in early mop cuz i was burned and i regretted that…
while in late wod i levelled a new toon i stopped the xp to enjoy the story and reps in pandaria.
Such a shame…

I feel like everyone conplained and hated it while it was live, and I got shait on for finding it OK.
But now suddenly everyone LOVED it and miss that time , lol