Its kinda strange that everyone claims to hate MoP

Gameplay wise it was better imo but the theme was quite bad.

The theme should had focused more on the mogu rather than the pandas.

The story was bad, but that’s nothing new for wow standards.

Also all these pandaren that were trying to teach us about peace and combat was hilarious when you think about it.

The playable character has waged warfare with the Lich King,Deathwing and The Burning Legion up until that point.

Dungeons were also horribly themed.Big carrots, rabbits ? Brewing beer and fighting beer monsters ? Throwing honey jars at insects ?

Just lol

2 Likes

Honestly, I feel like WoW is much better when it just accepts that its silly than when it tries to be serious (and always fails horrible at it).

1 Like

It was crap and balance wise we’ve seen much better, with some classes such as rogue (especially during the first season) being trash tier due to weirdass talent composition.

No it was not the best Expac for balance. Far from it. Don’t listen to this narrative people are trying to push.

Oh and pandas suck

1 Like

MoP is still my favorite expansion, the hate was never justified.

3 Likes

mop was the best wow expansion only ruined by the tacked on faction war as always faction wars ruin everything

For me the biggest consistent problem with MoP were all the dead realms that kinda reached their apex before the merges.
My realm had 0 proper raid guilds on horde, 1-2 on Alliance, and virtually nobody was doing any arena at 1700+.
Couldn’t even use the dead realm to farm rares because people using xrealm grouping kept nicking them.

I didn’t mind the theme, Kun-Lai Summit is prolly the nicest looking zone in the entire game imo, and most of the grievances I had (like dailies) were mitigated or fixed.
Class/spec balance was decent, though not perfect, but it’s never been and never will be so complaining about that feels a bit pointless.

It was horrible;

pure catering to the asian market and furries.
WoW has been going downhill with epic speed since MoP.
Hate it with a passion.

Big advantage of classic is; no pandaren in sight.

But maybe the MoP fans are in luck that within time MoP gets the same treatment as Classic.

2 Likes

MoP wasnt that bad, it was still better than Cataclysm - worst expansion ever.

For me it were these things

1. Numbers - i hate having hundreds of thounds hp etc.
  2. Environment - It was nice, but too much of chinese culture.
  3. Lore - I hate what they did to Garosh and I hate that i had to side with Voljin and his dumb peace loving rebells.

Cata was not a bad expansion.

Granted it was not great but also not bad.

The problem is that Cata was released after Wotlk.The expansion that is still considered by most the best in WoW’s history, 13.5 mil subs.

So you see, Cata had big shoes to fill and the expectations from people would never been able to be matched.

Dude, we already had 3 Furry Races (Tauren, Worgen, female Draenei (tell me they dont look like Goat women)) at the time MoP rolled around.
Noone cried that Tauren were for Furries…

And if you argue that “Pandas were not in the Lore”… yes they were… you could even play one in WC3. You know what wasnt in the Lore? Blue Draenei, Worgen, Gnomes, undead Wikings…

WoW made alot of additions to the Lore, so again, why do the Pandaren stand out so much for people?

1 Like

Don’t forget the soundtrack <3
I liked MoP. Come at me bros.

People just love to hate on stuff. Bitter miserable people. Pay no heart to it

1 Like

Undead have been in the lore since Warcraft: Orcs and Humans, and gnomes since Warcraft 2.

Oh yeah class balance ? you mean making all the classes the same ?

All classes had AOE personal heal and cc etc. that is bs. not to mention the theme of the expansion. eww.

It is just current viral trend that likely started from someones youtube or Reddit post since prior BfA everyone disliked MoP and loved vanilla, but since vanilla is now returned via Classic and people need new thing “we do not have” to complain about.

MoP class designs were bad - like frost dk in raids, windwalker monk and their ‘channeled’ fist, tank imbalances across the board and so on. But hey someone on YT said it, so the masses go with. half those people probably never even played during MoP or least didn’t raid or Pvp.

I love it. That’s my problem! I really love being in several of its zones so much, but there’s not really much for me to do anymore! I’m so happy about 3.8.

Many people say they hate one or more of the expansions. They each had their good points, but like shifting sands in a desert, some good bits get lost and some bad bits emerge with each expansion change.

I really liked it… back when my Lock could cast everything on the move.

I took a really long break thanks to Cata so it was nice to come back for MoP

Mop is a easy target for hater ( mostly woltk / classic fans ) because for people who didn’t play it / don’t inform themselves about it, are easy to influence with how child like panda are and how wow became a child game. I think it also introduced pet battle. Another easy target for hate