Its kinda strange that everyone claims to hate MoP

I am one of those who didnt like the direction they took MoP,and joined late around SoO.
My impression at that time was that Blizz can do much better,i was wrong so here i am saying that MoP is in those top 3 list.
I can go in a tldr post,but i think alot of those have been just back/forth dancing.

As mentioned already previously in this thread by others most of the hate at the time was just against the Pandaren. Then there’s various other complaints like LFR, dailies etc.

Personally I loved MoP, I like the Pandaren and I really liked how it didn’t take itself too seriously while still having serious moments in it.

I still love going back to Pandaria zones today, they’re among my favourites.

Doesn’t mean it was all perfect but the good far outweighed the bad imo.

OP why have you omitted the word SOME ?
Has the word been banned/deleted/deemed undramatic?

Put the word back in (where it belongs) and your title will cease to be total BS.

The rest of your post is a decent and valid opinion once the word SOME is considered.

Omitting words just to add dramatic offence reminds me of politicians and … that is enough said.

Good day to you sir.

Dude, you are taking this thread way too serious…

I thought everyone was suppose to hate Warlords of Draenor?

Wouldn’t know… Was absent during MoP (though I still paid attention to the lore) because I was busy with my bachelors degree back then.

But maybe they disliked the theme even if they liked the mechanics?
The theme was more “goofy” than previous expansions. Just look at the MoP cinematic, with the slackjawed orc and human fighting the pandaren monk.
And he replaces the broken piece of whatever the orc had been fighting with, and corrects the angle with his staff…
It’s all very Kung-Fu Panda’esque…

Might be some people disliked that? I don’t know…

WoW has always had goofy quests and zones and whatnot, but it had not been the theme up until then…

Tauren, druids , worgen and so on and so on. Also pandaeren are part of Warcraft since wc3

You mean like the player numbers in classic ?

people dont like pandas, its me, Im people

MoP got a lot better over its lifespan.

When MoP began, the game had very little content, lots of grinding, and PvP that literally didn’t work. As in it literally had a class that did 5 times the intended damage and therefore ended all games immediately and therefore was everywhere.

MoP had little content in the same way modern WoW expansions do: It presents it all up-front, and after that there’s not much to do other than repeatedly running the same couple of raids or grinding rep. For an expansion all about discovery and mystery, there really wasn’t a lot of either in the gameplay loop.

And of course: Pandas. People didn’t like the pandas. I thought the pandas were pretty great personally, but it was a much less gritty interpretation of Warcraft, and a lot of people didn’t like that.

On top of that there was the “daily burnout”. There were so many mandatory dailies that people said, rightly, that they had too much to do.

The subsequent story went and fixed that though, and the classes were more or less fixed, and the dailies were much less required, and so on. They fixed it.

Why did people hate it but remember it fondly? Because it got better while it was out, and because it was better than the current game.

DIdn’t like MoP. Still don’t. Only good thing out of that expac was the Zandalari models in ToT and Class design.

Thematically it was pandering to the chinese market (gasp and people are surprised at what happended recently lmao) and enviroment gradually got stale.
Lore and Story was overall a mess, with no clear direction until Krasarang stuff and 5.4 (which boy howdy never again).

That said, I like the expac more than I like Legion, but I like it less than WoD which was a wasted oppurtunity and suffering from cut content.
But each to their own really.

The worst i heard was the SoO content draught and “waaaaaah pandas”

1 Like

people hated pandas. Not pandaria.

the panda theme was what people didn’t like. The expansion however, is pretty loved in general.

Its the old cycle. Expansion A is bad. Expansion B is worse, even expansion A is better.

During WoD on the forums: Wod is bad. MoP was better.
During Legion: Legion is bad. WoD was better!
During BfA: Bfa is bad. Legion was better!
I can bet my yearly that expansion A(which will come after bfa) there will be forum posts where people will claim that expansion A is bad. BfA was better…

Surprisingly MoP still pops up from time to time though…

I love mop but dirning that time I have studies so I don’t play enought :frowning:

I hate TBC and BfA. I am a rebel and mainstreamer at same time !

Thats a joke, right?

Literally, the majority of mop haters hate it because of the Pandaren themselves. They call them “Furries” or whatever. They say “Pandaren is lore breaking!” “They shouldn’t exist” “You can’t come up with stupid race like this” “Kung fu panda ripoff!” and etc…
When you talk to someone like this, it’s better to not take him/her seriously

I wished it was…
Not sure if you can still find some old legion threads on the current forums. But I am on phone and too sleepy to go “old thread hunting”.

People hated MoP when it came out because it was completely alienating from the main storyline at first and because pandas…

I think MoP became what everybody remembers now much later on in its cycle.

At least that’s how I remember it and I played A LOT during MoP. Probably most of my time played was during MoP even though I started in Wrath/end of BC

Because furries are more open now, and for some reason bothers them, its like we knock down people doors with our cringy furry stuff